Thread: Storm BYTE Video Ball Review - sk8sbowlingreviews

Default Storm BYTE Video Ball Review - sk8sbowlingreviews

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKXPwFssgvs

After getting to throw the Storm BYTE (Release date: October 1st) for a couple days now I can definitely say without a doubt that Storm has another huge hit on their hands with this one! I laid mine out 55x4.25x35 (PAP is 5.25x1) and my overall goal was to get the ball to utilize its strengths, clear the heads and let it respond quickly to friction.

First day out with it I wanted to see how long the ball would be usable under standard league conditions, whether it would possible for your standard league bowler to go out and use this aggressive asymmetrical pearl for an entire set, well let's just say I was pleasantly surprised! I bowled 15 games on a fresh THS and in total I ended up moving about an arrow left at my target from the start of my set until the end.

This piece did exactly what I expected it too, it acted like the heads didn't exist and once it got to the break point it made a very strong and angular move to the pocket. The thing I was the most excited about with the BYTE was the fact that it took very well to release changes. After about 8-10 games I decided I was going to move outside the track area to see what I could make the ball do and it responded well. Taking my axis of rotation down to about 15 degrees I was able to play outside of 5 and have the ball just lay there at the pocket and it still hit quite hard. There are very few aggressive pearls that I have ever been able to say that about but this one held up quite well outside the oil line.

If you are looking to find something that can give you a little more angle into the pocket I think you might be in luck on October first because the BYTE is definitely what you are looking for.

Cranker
    Chats: 0

I love your bowling reviews man! They are the only ones I find useful.

Chats: 221

nice review
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)

Chats: 243

Awesome review. My friend is looking to get this ball to pair with his lucid and modern marvel but it appears as though the byte would be somewhere between the lucid and MM?
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Storm Crossroad, Roto Grip Defiant, DV8 Too Reckless, Brunswick Avalanche Urethane

Ball Speed: 18Mph
    Rev Rate: 450
    Current average: 199
    High game: 300
    High Series: 769

Chats: 0

Good review, but I do feel like all of the effects are taking away from the good information and are a bit distracting (don't hurt me )