Thread: Vdubtx's bowling scores

Nice work V

Chats: 39

Hehe....Vdub takes the "Practice World Champion" belt

Nice shooting!
    Company League Average: 198.1
    City League Average: 186.5
    WTBA Sport pattern League Average: 172.9
    Current Arsenal: Roto Grip Nomad Pearl, Wrecker, and Hyper Cell; Track 920A and 505A; Storm Tropical Breeze; Plastic Spare Ball

Very nice!

Chats: 256

Joined a sport shot league for the summer. 13 weeks and will shoot on 3 patterns total, 4 weeks each. Last night we started and shot on the Kegel Boardwalk pattern. I am going into this with an open mind and not expecting much but to learn about ball movement on the patterns and learn as much as I can about transition on the lanes. Not all that concerned with my scores yet, setting an average this first week.

Being the first week, nobody was shooting lights out, except PBA Tour pro Dino Castillo who was bowling against us. He is a really nice guy and I learned a ton from him already. Luckily the league is smaller and will get to pick his brain a bit while bowling. Dino shot a 718 against us and was playing literally the 1 board at the break point. I tried playing that line just for kicks in 2nd game and my ball did not come back to the head pin leaving a washout. Did not drop one in the gutter either

Game 1 I had a good look with my IQ Tour Fusion, I knew with the pattern playing like Cheetah at 35 feet, I would need to get the ball out on the lane to about 5 board or less. Worked great first game. Game 2 I watched the lanes transition and stuck with my IQ for the game as well, did not strike until 9th frame and left a few splits and struggled a bit. Decided the IQ was a bit too angular for the lane as it broke down and Dino suggested I use my Disturbed to end game 2. Threw it and it did not hook as much as I thought it would on the short pattern. Used Disturbed rest of game and had great success with it. Dino mentioned that being a heavier oil ball it would use it's energy early and the hook at the back end would be more controllable. He was exactly right. Missed right with it the first couple shots and then had room to adjust and move. Threw a 6 bagger in the last game with it.

Set a 188 average, which I will certainly improve on the next 4 weeks. Most bowlers were in the 450-540 range with their series. I think I was 3rd high, aside from Dino and another bowler on his team with a 580. We ended up splitting games with them for the night which in my book is a win.
    Last edited by vdubtx; 06-04-2014 at 11:44 AM.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Had a great practice session and got some good video to add to my "archives" of each of my main bowling balls. Was first chance since Nationals to get any kind of practice in. As I had just gotten my Uproar the weekend prior to heading to Reno, I did not have much chance to learn how it rolls for me aside from knowing I did not like the out of box surface at 1500 polished. Took it up to 3000.

Started first game with Uproar and saw it cross over head pin several times and others, just a violent move to the pocket.

Game 1 of practice:

Next game started to work on some foot work. I have been getting into my stance with my right foot leading. Had a note from a comment awhile back about my footwork on one of the forums, so I gave it a try being summer and all. I think the result was having my shoulders more squared to the pins and also I think gave me a slightly slower pace to the line which is a good thing. When I first tried it, I was trying to line up using my left foot and just caused too much confusion as I normally line up with the right. Went back to line up with my right and placing left foot in front of it slightly. Got comfortable with that in a game.

Another ball I am still trying to figure out it's place in my arsenal is the IQ Fusion. Threw a game with it and while it rolls nicely, it also makes a somewhat violent move when it encounters the friction on the lane. Still some work to fine tune this ball.

Notice my footwork from Uproar video to this one. Left foot in front of right and slower steps. Also got a "sanctioned brooklyn double" in there. Ha Ha!!

http://youtu.be/MHjvFQgcRZM

Took more videos, but they didn't upload correctly to Youtube. Had games with Hyper Cell, Disturbed and First Blood.

Battery ran out on camera, but the last game of every practice I shoot at just the 10 pin. The center I typically practice can set up any pin combination you want. I went 12 for 12 shooting at it that game.

Think my practice was a good primer before my lesson with Susie Minshew next Sunday. Really excited and looking forward to working with her and see what changes she has for me in my game. Hoping to pick her brain a little bit about the mental side of the game and also about some drills to work on consistency of shots.
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Chats: 204

What's interesting is...it seems like you're doing 2 things that are counter to what most are taught nowadays:

1) You seem to almost "run" to the foul line.

2) The standard "consensus" is you want to be square to the foul line with your belt buckle facing the target. Yet you (and I see many others, some high level) seem to post your shot almost facing 45 degrees right of the target. Like, your belt buckle is facing the lane to the right of you. Thats interesting.

And man...6 bowling balls!? You practice with about half the amount I have in my storage/reserve (closet)!!
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Pyramid Force Pearl; (: .) Brunswick Rhino Gold; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 185; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 15.5mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Have almost always had "fast feet". Am actually slower than I used to be. I don't always practice with 6, usually just 4.

Already posted in separate thread, but to keep my scores in one posting here again.

Had a great night bowling. Since I am not bowling as a regular member I subbed for one of my team mates from my fall league.

First ball of night was only one not in pocket, was a 7 count 1-2-4. Everything else was strike and 9 counts, 4 ten pins and 1 seven pin.

Had my coach in the back of my head all night telling me to stay slow, post my shot and stay balanced. It worked phenomenally.

Used the HyperCell all night long and never had to move but a half board when I left the 7 and 10 pin in 2nd game. Then moved back to original board in game 3.

Chats: 204

Someday I hope to be vdub...

...except not living in Texas...that would suck.
    Last edited by Aslan; 07-21-2014 at 06:49 PM.

How is your sport bowling coming along? I have not seen any scores posted.
    BowlingVids.com -- USBC Tennessee (2204-27181) California (222-32895)

IndexGenie.com -- In The Bag --> Roto Grip Wrecker - Roto Grip Hyper Cell - Storm Polar Ice Hybrid

Page 10 of 70 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast