Page 20 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: Vdubtx's bowling scores

Chats: 256

First, thanks to all for your confidence building posts. While I have thought of competing in a regional, I am simply out classed by many of the bowlers that do bowl in those events. I know quite a few and they are ones that average 235+ in regular league bowling and I would simply be a donator in those events. I am content in bowling in smaller tournaments here and there and especially competing at the USBC Nationals event each year. That is not to say that I won't at least try a regional some day. I just don't think I am there yet with Sport Shots. My targeting has certainly improved and that is absolutely necessary on a Sport compliant shot.

Anyway, on to the Tuesday night scores.

Game 1 in this lighter volume house, I started with m trusty Disturbed. Strike, 2 pin, double, 10 pin, double, 2 pin, turkey and then a 3-6-7-10 on a test shot(which didn't work lol) in fill for a 234.

Game 2 stuck with Disturbed. Strike, 3-4-6-7-10 split, double, 10 pin, strike, washout leaving 10 pin on conversion, 3-6, double, and a 7 pin for a lackluster 190.

Game 3 stayed with Disturbed. Game 2 missed mark and dropped speed a few times so it wasn't the ball. Started off with the front 9!! Up in the 10th I told myself to just not get my speed too low, hit my mark and I would be fine. Well, I hit my mark, but my ball speed was up too high, clipped the head pin and left a 5-7 split and a 266 game. Yikes!! I knew it as soon as I let the ball go that the speed was too high. Guess I rushed that shot and paid for it. Oh Well, on to the next time.

234-190-266 = 690

As a team we took 3 of 4 which put us into 1st place for this half of the season. 2 weeks to go for the first half!! Feels good to be where we are as the rest of my team hasn't been bowling lights out at all. Our anchor has actually been dropping pins on his average every 2-3 weeks. I keep telling him that it's ok, as I keep adding pins to mine.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    ...as the rest of my team hasn't been bowling lights out at all. Our anchor has actually been dropping pins on his average every 2-3 weeks. I keep telling him that it's ok, as I keep adding pins to mine.
    I'm in the same boat. When I joined this team in Week 3 of the season...I was bowling like garbage and our anchor was bowling 180-200 games...averaging about 190. Since then I've brought my average from 149 to 162 and have outbowled him in the last 4 weeks...I think he's down in the high 170s now.

Every time he has 2 bad weeks he buys a new ball. Pro shop owner's DREAM! He bought an Optimus 2 weeks ago. He just ordered another new one last night.

Horrible night for me. Mind was somewhere else completely.

Game 1 started out with 4 pin, 10 pin, strike, 6 pin which I flagged going to the right of it for a perfect 10 pin pick up, doubled, 4 pin, 4 pin(time for ball change), strike, 6-10 which I then proceeded to pick out the 6 pin and leave the 10 standing for a epic fail 10th frame which cost us the game and a 183.

Game 2 wasn't much different, 10 pin, 3-4-6-7 split, 4-6-7-9-10 split, 2 pin, 2-8, strike, 10 pin, strike, 3 pin, turkey to finish out with a 180. Ugh!

Game 3 was felling a little better until left a pocket 7-10 split, strike, guess what...another pocket 7-10 split. 4 bagger, 10 pin, strike, 9 pin, and 4-6-7-10 in the fill for a hard fought 202.

183-180-202 = 565

First time on Thursday night since March or April of 2013 that I shot under 600 series. Nothing was going my way and I was just not there. On to next week.
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

I feel your pain V. Bowled a 540 yesterday after being on a huge tear for awhile. It happens. Can only take one ball at a time. The bad games make the great games even better.

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by Mudpuppy View Post
    I feel your pain V. Bowled a 540 yesterday after being on a huge tear for awhile. It happens. Can only take one ball at a time. The bad games make the great games even better.
    Glad to know that crap doesn't just happen to me. I bowl tonight so fingers crossed.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    Glad to know that crap doesn't just happen to me. I bowl tonight so fingers crossed.
    It's always a roller coaster. I just try to ride out the good times as much as possible, savor the moment. Makes the bad times tolerable. Kind of like life in general. But in bowling, which to me is similar to a lot of sports like baseball or basketball, it seems there is usually two extremes - times that you can do no wrong that you get all the breaks and then times when you can do no right. So my bowling philosophy is just throw the next ball. And throw every ball the best you can. End of story. People can yell and complain sandbagging or accuse you of whatever but simply ignoring them and sticking to what you do makes them go away. They usually only say anything when you are winning. If they are winning they really don't care. And if they need to cheat to win then I step aside and allow them the victory. If it is that important - meaning if their life is so shallow and pathetic they need to win at bowling to have some small piece of happiness then by all means go for it. I won't lose sleep or get all depressed if I lose a game of bowling.

Back to the grind after my disappointing result last Thursday. Was still weighing on me as I have always had that houses shot figured out. I just was not at all in any way focused that night.

Tuesday night in the low volume/high friction house.

I knew we were going to have a tough time winning tonight as our team, being one of the higher average teams in the league was getting some sticks.

Game 1 with my Disturbed started with a double, 10 pin, double and another 10 pin, made a slight adjustment and punched out for a 258. Opposing bowler had ran off 7 in a row before leaving a 4 pin in 10th frame and then a 6-7-10 in the fill and ended with a 256. As a team we lost by 23 pins.

Game 2 again stuck with Disturbed started with double, 7 pin, turkey, 3-6-9-10(time to start making moves as this was the first time I was high or not in the pocket all night), double, 4 pin, and another 4 pin in the fill for a 233. As a team we lost by 21 pins.

Game 3 with Disturbed and making some more adjustments to both feet and target down lane I had the front 5 before tugging and going heavy leaving 4-7-10. Struck, 6 pin, double and 4 pin in fill frame for a 234. Team mates really picked it up this game as we trounced them by 120 pins and took totals as well.

258-233-234 = 725

Felt good all night and my shot making was very good, I hit my target all night(with exception of 1 tug) and only had to make some small adjustments by watching ball reaction and how it was entering the pocket.

Going up against a good team like that and keeping it close, I knew we had a chance as long as the whole team picked up the slack from games 1 and 2. We are 1 game out of first place in the 2nd half of the season, we don't bowl again until 2015 and it will be 1 week of bowling then position round the following week.

Chats: 32

Good night against a good team Keep it up
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Great series V

Nice shootin!

Page 20 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast