Page 24 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: Vdubtx's bowling scores

Chats: 256

Good set on my Tuesday league.

Game 1 using Disturbed started with a turkey, got a little quick and left a bucket, strung the next 7 then an 8 count in the fill for a nice start and a 274

Game 2 started with front 6, then went slightly high leaving 4 pin. Turkey then smash 9 pin in the fill for a 268. (274+368=542 higher than my whole set last week)

Game 3 started with strike, went light leaving 2-5, bit slow leaving 3-10 and I picked out the 3 pin for my only open of the night. Turkey, 6-9-10, 4 bagger and finally an 8 count in the fill for a 232.

274-268-232 = 774

I knew by the 3rd frame of game 3, when I went heavy, I wasn't going to finish out this set the way I wanted to. Missing that baby split and punching out would have put me at 257 for the game and a 799 series. In any case, felt good all night and was rolling the ball really well. I changed up my thumb tape before starting and actually added a piece vs the usual 1 piece I typically use. Had read an article about a tighter thumb hole and decided to give it a try. I used 1 piece of the 1" wide white tape, then used 1 piece of 3/4" gray "real bowlers tape" over that slightly tiered. Felt pretty good and will also try it on my Hyper Cell tomorrow night.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Nice series!

Chats: 32

Nice Series Vdub
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Bowler
    Chats: 1

Man you've been on fire recently, great bowling!

You da man Vdub!
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Nice bowling, keep it up.

Thank you all. Has been a nice few months of bowling.

FTLOB, forgot to answer your question regarding upcoming tournament schedules.

Next weekend I will be bowling a Youth/Adult tournament in Oklahoma City with my nephew who asked if I would bowl with him. Of course I will.

Nationals scheduled May 27-28.
    City and State both are in process of scheduling.

Will also bowl a few smaller tournaments whenever I can fit into my weekend schedule. Moving into a new house in a few weeks, so that will keep me pretty busy on weekend.
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Chats: 39

Nice shooting man.....and also good luck on your upcoming tournaments .

Hehe, I just went back to look at some of your videos you posted a while back....I gotta say I really like your game . It's similar to mine, just more refined and consistent .
    Company League Average: 198.1
    City League Average: 186.5
    WTBA Sport pattern League Average: 172.9
    Current Arsenal: Roto Grip Nomad Pearl, Wrecker, and Hyper Cell; Track 920A and 505A; Storm Tropical Breeze; Plastic Spare Ball

Quote Originally Posted by Hampe View Post
    Nice shooting man.....and also good luck on your upcoming tournaments .

Hehe, I just went back to look at some of your videos you posted a while back....I gotta say I really like your game . It's similar to mine, just more refined and consistent .
    Thank you.

Game is ever evolving with little tweaks here and there. Another video I did recently working on my footwork and balance at the line. Getting a lot better at that since my coaching session last summer. Next thing to work on is my early rotation of the ball on my down swing. Need to learn to stay a bit more behind the ball for a bit longer and then rotate. Preferably from what I have been told, until after the ball has cleared my ankle. That will be worked on in the coming months.

I would do anything to be as consistent as you. That's my biggest problem. I have inconsistent ball speed and I've been told my arm swing is inconsistent. I throw three good balls, then something different. I've been that way for 20 years now so I'm not expecting anything different.

Keep up the great bowling.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Page 24 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast