Page 9 of 70 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Thread: Vdubtx's bowling scores

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Default nice sereies!

VERY NICE BUD!!! My son chose the Hyper Cell also for his 3rd ball,,, ( new to bowling) fist year. He now has a plastic ball, Light OUT, and the Hyper Cell. He has had some great series,,,but no 700's yet!

GREAT SCORES,,, I might need to give one a try!! I don't really have a solid ball that I use. Even the deadly aim is polished..... hummmm
    Does Iceman have a Deadly Cell in his future!! (
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Chats: 304

Which plastic ball does your son have, Iceman? Is the brain ball? ;p
    My bowling balls include:
    Brunswick Brute Strength, Brunswick Mastermind Genius, DV8 Endless Nightmare, DV8 Diva, DV8 Diva Pearl, DV8 Marauder Mutiny, & Brunswick White Viz-A-Ball spare ball

Chats: 256

Went to the ITRC today to get some more practice with some team members on the USBC Open patterns. We bowl on May 28th for Team event and 29th for Doubles/Singles.

We started out the day with 1 hour on a pair of lanes with the double/single pattern. Used the Hyper Cell to start but this ball with the little bit shorter pattern was so strong I couldn't use it more than 1 game. Made the switch and went with my Disturbed after 1.5 games and shot pretty well. Shot a 590, 179-179-232.

Most exciting was the Team event pattern which I hadn't bowled on yet. The Hyper Cell on this day was the perfect ball for this 43 foot pattern. I had a good look on the lanes for 3 games that we shot as long as I hit my mark and kept my speed consistent. Shot a 701, 231-202-268!!
    2nd game the ball started to go high so I started making moves a board at a time and then finally moved 3 boards and was able to string quite a few along in the last game. Longest string of strikes was from the end of game 1 to 2nd game I had 8 in a row.

The key as many people will say for Nationals is to try and stay clean. I did leave 4 splits on the Doubles/Singles pattern and I think only 2 on Team.

Oh, also had a Mike Fagan sighting at the ITRC, also Shannon O'Keefe was there. Mike Fagan was there watching his wife bowl. Was going to approach him, but he was helping her with her game.
    Last edited by vdubtx; 05-11-2014 at 12:39 AM.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Solid night of bowling to start and end, the middle was a struggle.

Game 1 started with 4 bagger, then went high leaving 6-10, double before leaving a pocket 7-10. Punch out for a 244.

Game 2 the lanes started to transition a bit, started making a 1-1 move left a 4 pin, 3-6-10, strike, 10 pin, strike, 3 pin, strike, 3-6-10, double and a 10 pin in the fill for a 205.

Game 3 started with the front 7 before leaving a 10 pin. Struck in 9th and then went through the nose in 10th frame leaving 4-6- and a 247.

244-205-247=696

Yet again I shoot myself in the foot, robbing myself of a 700 series. Used the First Blood all night long making 1 board moves every other frame it felt like. Ended up throwing 18 at the arrows. Decided to save the Hyper Cell for duty on Thursday.
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Last night was somewhat of a let down. Position round and we were behind by 1.5 games of first place. Beating myself up for what I did, scores below.

Game 1 started with the Hyper Cell and the front 6, left a ringing 10 pin in 7th frame that I completely missed. May aswell have been shooting at the 2 pin I missed so badly. Turkey and then 9 pin to finish out with a 256, was feeling good and ball was reading the lanes nicely. We won the game by 150 pins! Whole team showed up and we bowled a 747 scratch. That is good for us with my 231 average, 2 140 average bowlers and a 115 average bowler.

Game 2 struck, then I let the ball squirt out leaving almost a washout, 1-4-6-10 picking off the 1-4 in the spare attempt. Next time up didn't learn my lesson and let it squirt out again, 1-2-10 and picked it up. Struck, light hit 2-8, 10 pin, strike, 8 pin, doubled and then left a 9 pin in 10th frame. This is where I royally CHOKED!! At this point the other team was down by 9 pins with one more throw to go. I needed to pick up the 9 pin to force other bowler to strike to tie the game. For some reason I just did not focus on my spare attempt and the ball went wide of the 9 pin. Opposing bowler stepped up and struck to win the game by 1 pin. Seriously banging my head on the table and beating myself up about missing the easy spare to give my team the chance at a tie and winning the second half of the season.

Game 3 was more of the same, started with a strike, went light leaving a 2-4-8-10 split which I actually converted. Struck then left a 4-6-9. 10 pin, Changed ball to the Disturbed and first ball left 2-8, doubled then left a 7 pin before punching out to salvage the game with a 205. By the 8th frame of the game we already knew we had no chance, team mates already had their minds in the bar I guess.

256-193-205=654

Big let down(of my own) to end the season, but I am happy with how we did in total. We had never been this close to the race at the end. We are typically middle of the pack. We won more games the entire year than we ever have. My average was the highest I have ever achieved and was one of my long term goals. Another of my goals was to not have any series under 600 for this year. I also achieved that with this league, lowest series was a 625, high of 762. 14 700 series in the 31 weeks we bowled, high game of 289.

Some stats:

First ball average 9.43
    Strike % 65
    Single Pin spare % 90
    Total leaves 335. Most left pin was the 10 with 107 which I picked up 86% of the time. Need to work on not leaving this pin so much.
    Of the total 335 a total of 49 were splits. Most left the 8-10 with 5, followed by the 4-9,4-6,7-10 each with 4. 11 others with 2 each.

Non split multi-pin leaves were converted at rate of 80%. Looks like I need some work here as well. 2-8 the most left followed by 6-10, 3-6-10, 3-6 and 2-4-5 round out the top 5 left. These 5 leaves comprise 63% of my total multi-pin leaves.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Default Good Season !!

Good for the team, and you achieving many of your goals!! Low game of 625, not shabby bud!!! thanks for the interesting read! Want to bowl with Jason, and Iceman next fall.... LOL..... would be a pretty damn good team. Jason ended up with a 231 average,,, on our Thursday league.

bowing is a funny game, when every thing it just right, for a CERTAIN individual, GREAT games, and SEREIS happen! No completely sure why that is, but it happened to me this last year. 300, 216 pocket hits that game but poor carry, then 264 for a 780. Funny thing when you look at the Top gun's on that team, they had off days?? Not good at all? So was it the alley, or just something in ME that particular day, on those lanes, with that oil??? Don't know.... I just remember James having a 191 last game THAT DAY and he had a below average series.... (James has a 225 average on that league, but a low 500 series that day)

Bowling can be one huge enigma, ask MIke White! Even with all his knowledge, and know how, it can just be one hell of a puzzle on a given day.

Maybe that's what makes it so much fun, NEVER KNOWING what going to happen on a given league night!

GOOD BOLWING BUD!
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Thanks ICEMAN! Would be a pleasure to bowl with you and Jason!

You will be happy to know that I found a Sport Shot league for the summer. Couple of my team mates are going to bowl with me. Tuesday nights at a new to us center. Very excited to see what I can do on those oil patterns again. Bowled a sport shot league one summer about 5 years ago and I seem to remember I was in the 185-190 range for average. Just don't know for sure.

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by MICHAEL View Post
    Good for the team, and you achieving many of your goals!! Low game of 625, not shabby bud!!! thanks for the interesting read! Want to bowl with Jason, and Iceman next fall.... LOL..... would be a pretty damn good team. Jason ended up with a 231 average,,, on our Thursday league.

bowing is a funny game, when every thing it just right, for a CERTAIN individual, GREAT games, and SEREIS happen! No completely sure why that is, but it happened to me this last year. 300, 216 pocket hits that game but poor carry, then 264 for a 780. Funny thing when you look at the Top gun's on that team, they had off days?? Not good at all? So was it the alley, or just something in ME that particular day, on those lanes, with that oil??? Don't know.... I just remember James having a 191 last game THAT DAY and he had a below average series.... (James has a 225 average on that league, but a low 500 series that day)

Bowling can be one huge enigma, ask MIke White! Even with all his knowledge, and know how, it can just be one hell of a puzzle on a given day.

Maybe that's what makes it so much fun, NEVER KNOWING what going to happen on a given league night!

GOOD BOLWING BUD!
    Sometimes they expect you to make a 3 foot putt, on this.

[IMG]bad green.jpg[/IMG]

Chats: 0

Very good season vdubtx. I liked the stat of 625 series, as the low for 31 weeks bowled. The stat of 14 700s was awesome too. The summer sport league, I think you will go 200+ if you use the Hyper Cell. That ball is a true monster on heavy and/or long oil. Also looking forward to your updates from Reno.
    Hammer Purple Urethane. Storm Surge Hybrid, Storm Pitch Purple, Roto Grip Hyper Cell.
    2 Storm Surge Pearl 4x4x2 and a no flare, ,Roto Grip Hot Cell, Roto Grip Haywire.
    2020/2021, Hi Average 219, Hi Game 289, Hi Series 771, 30 Clean 4, 700 Series 16.
    2021/2022, Hi Average 211, Hi Game 256 Hi Series 693, 30 Clean 0, 700 Series 0.
    Proud member of Bowlingboards.com Since 2013.

Don't usually report about practice sessions, but today was just a particularly good one. I don't usually even look at scores when I am practicing but was in a zone today.

First game warm up
    Game 2 used Hyper Cell
    Game 3 Used Disturbed
    Game 4 used First Blood

Page 9 of 70 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast