Page 40 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Thread: Vdubtx's bowling scores

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    Hush you. We all have to have something to complain about our own games. LOL
    Don't worry if I bowl like that for more than a week I get the same way. Expectations are always relative to where we are at.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    Hush you. We all have to have something to complain about our own games. LOL
    Bowling is like dating.

It can be very, very easy or very, very difficult...and the difference is all about your expectations.

Wednesday I had one of the best series I've ever thrown in league play...easily Top 4-7. And as I was bowling, I just was thinking about how terrible it was that I chopped a 6-10. Meanwhile...I had 3 open frames the entire night...and two were a 4-7-10 split (that I almost picked up) and a pocket 7-10 split. In 2013, if I threw 3 games of 180+...I'd be bragging on Facebook. Now, I leave every night frustrated that I can't seem to throw a 300-game in league play or reach a 700 or 800 series or God forbid a 900. Nowadays if I leave with less than a 600-Series...the night was a waste. I don't even bother walking 6 lanes over to report my side pot scores if I didn't roll in the 180s or higher.

Same thing with dating. I couldn't get action in a monkey whorehouse with a bag of bananas...but that's because I want a wife that looks like Diana Zavjalova...or Princess Diana....and NOT like Diana Ross. I prefer women with a source of income (to support my bowling habit) and not women that are over the age of 20 and still either babysitting or "between jobs". I'm not asking them to pick up the check...but I also don't want to be paying their cell phone bill each month. I'd like a woman that is intelligent and fun and can hold a conversation...not a woman who's biggest issue in life is that she really dislikes a character on "Housewives of Orange County" or is really depressed that her favorite woman got kicked off the Bachelor. And...it'd be "nice" if the woman was a nymphomaniac...but a LOYAL nymphomaniac. It would be "less nice" if our "intimate time" was on a schedule posted on the refrigerator next to the grocery list and list of doctor appointments.

See...it's all about expectations....

...wait...what thread did I just derail? Oops...sorry VDub...go get em in Tulsa!!

Mudpuppy Cliff Notes: If VDub doesn't stop hiding in beer leagues and make that next step to PBA regionals soon...Aslan is going to win a PBA Regional FIRST...and oh the SHAME....oh the shame!!
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Chats: 256

Tuesday league:

Started practice out pretty good, had a nice shot, but left 10 pins a few times during practice. Made a very slight move and was good from there.

Game 1 started with Disturbed and had a great reaction. 1st ball in 10th I got speed up just a little bit leaving the 7 pin. Darn it. So close......

Game 2 fill ball in 10th frame I did a test shot with too much speed, so a wasted test shot.

Game 3 made a ball change in 4th frame to First Blood and had only really bad shot of the night in 10th frame when I tugged it.

All in all a very good night. We took all 4 as a team, 1st game by only 5 pins. I really think that with a little tougher conditions that we experienced in Tulsa, really helps with targeting and adjusting to transitions.

279-234-211 = 724
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Another average night for you

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by NewToBowling View Post
    Another average night for you
    Don't discourage him from posting. Unless he's completely FOS....which I doubt...it's inspiring to see that 700 series' are actually POSSIBLE!!

Granted...it seems like VDub would be bored at this point...but hey...God love him! It gives me something (or someone) to aim for!! And no...that is not a threat against his life (I have to add that disclaimer as websites tend to get weird about 'threats against users'). I'm just saying that if VDub didn't post...who would I aspire to surpass on the site? Iceman is gone...for the time being. So getting my first 800 series before him has lost a little of it's potential for nose-rubbing. Without VDub...who's gonna wear the target on their back? Mudpuppy died or got lost at sea or something. I already beat ZDawg and MWhite. I think I could beat Rob...although I haven't actually done it yet officially and now it's kinda unfair because his back health is 'questionable' (although I'm sure he'd use stronger language to describe it). So...it's gotta be VDub!!!

So you keep pounding those rocks VDub...because somewhere behind you...sometimes very, very, very far behind you...lost like one-eyed, one-legged pirate with sea sickness...there's a young(er), funnier, better looking, bowler...who is gaining ground...like a tortoise and a hare...

I will most likely die before I surpass you...but that's only because the good die young...according to Billy Joel. But if I don't...and my knee doesn't self destruct like a mission impossible video cassette...well...someday...someday...

Nice games ! I wouldn't worry too much about Asian catching up to you .... but it's nice that he's trying!

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Nice set there vdubtx!

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    Don't discourage him from posting. Unless he's completely FOS....which I doubt...
    Anyone that wants to see my league sheets to check scores I post, PM me and I will send you in the direction of where they are posted each week.
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Had another great night. But not without some disappointment. See end of game 1 for my disappointing finish of that game.

212-253-265 = 730

Felt like I threw the ball so well last night, had a nice line that I was using and made a small move on left lane towards game 3 that kept me in the strikes for the most part. Right lane I didn't make a move all night. We were on lanes 1 & 2 last night. Lane 1 always plays drier than 2.

Will be kicking myself for the bone headed leaves at end of game 1, should have been a 760'ish series with those conversions. But, I certainly will never turn down a 700 series.

As a team we took all 4. Game 1, one of my other teammates stepped up and had a 209 game so we were able to take the game by 100+ pins. Other 2 games were 50+ pin wins against the #1 team in the league. Needless to say, they were a little disappointed.

Chats: 32

Only Vdub opens the last 3 consecutively and still breaks 200 I pull that crap I just shot 150 or worse. lol Congrats on another great series.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Page 40 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast