Page 135 of 226 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145185 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 2253

Thread: Aslan's Scores (of the non-lady kind)

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by shadd View Post
    If I hit a little light, moving right a board-ish (keeping my target the same to get to the pocket) is not a proper adjustment? I frequently move right to get the ball where I want it to end up...guess its back to the literature/theory to better understand.

Sorry for the high-jack.
    Moving your feet right while keeping your target the same actually moves your break point left. That's not what Rob is talking about but it would help address the problem of the ball burning up.

I will use a similar move to "tighten my line" if I'm playing deeper on the lanes and my line is starting to overhook sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by shadd View Post
    If I hit a little light, moving right a board-ish (keeping my target the same to get to the pocket) is not a proper adjustment? I frequently move right to get the ball where I want it to end up...guess its back to the literature/theory to better understand.

Sorry for the high-jack.
    Initially, if you hit a little light moving right is the correct move, however, if you start to hit light after a few frames, then your ball is probably losing energy and the move is to the left to find more oil. The exception to this is if someone on your lanes is using plastic or urethane for their strike ball creating carrydown.

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    Initially, if you hit a little light moving right is the correct move, however, if you start to hit light after a few frames, then your ball is probably losing energy and the move is to the left to find more oil. The exception to this is if someone on your lanes is using plastic or urethane for their strike ball creating carrydown.
    OK, thanks for the follow-up/clarification! That makes sense to me and is usually what I do for adjustments.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums.
    Roto Grip Critical ball give away winner (04JAN16-10JAN16)

Chats: 204

Saturday Weekly Color-Pin Tournament:

471 Series: 188-138-145

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 8.06 pins
    Strikes: 32% (2 doubles and 6 singles)
    Spares: 45% picked up

Single Pin spares: 57% (4/7)
    Most common single-pin leave: 10-pin (3x)
    Also left a single 4-pin, 5-pin, and 6-pin.

Multiple Pin spares: 38% (5/13)
    Most common multi-pin leaves: 6-10 (2x)

Splits: 0% (0/2).

Average over 3 games: 157.00.
    Average had I picked up 100% of single pin spare leaves: 167.00.

Poo.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Monday League: Older Brunswick synthetics.

621 Series: 211 (clean)-214 (clean)-196

Game 1 I started with the Lethal Revolver...but after a weak strike in the first frame and 3 consecutive spares on decent shots....I decided to make an early change to the Loaded Revolver. Still couldn't quite hit the pocket flush...but spare shooting was excellent to keep things clean.

Game 2 my line started to wear in...but I couldn't run more than two strikes together.

Game 3 I lost the clean series in the 2nd frame on a 4-6 split...then a 4-bagger...then a missed 2-pin...and a Big 4 in the 9th...had to strike out just to salvage the 196.

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 9.15 pins
    Strikes: 52% (1 4-bagger, 2 turkeys, 2 doubles, and 4 singles)
    Spares: 80% picked up

Single Pin spares: 88% (8/9)
    Most common single-pin leaves: 2-pin, 5-pin, 7-pin, and 10-pin (2x each)
    Also left a single 4-pin.

Multiple Pin spares: 66% (4/6)
    Most common multi-pin leave: 1-2-4 (2x)

Splits: 0% (0/2)

Average over 3 games: 207.00.
    Average had I picked up 100% of single pin spare leaves: 211.00.

Happy with the series. Closest I've ever come to a clean series. Outperformed the other team's top bowlers in both Games 1 and 2...but they had a better Game 3. And our team is down to 2 players...and the guy averages about 101...and today couldn't break 99...kinda hard to carry that much weight on my shoulders.

But, I also can't rely on such great spare shooting...need to learn how to run strikes together.

One more week before Sweeps. I'm in good form...but not great spirits and I'm going to bowling in a place I have very little experience in (South Pointe). A lot of good bowlers in this league...taking $$$ isn't going to be easy. The 180 average will be more helpful than the 190-192 I had to take with me to Sweeps in March...but it certainly won't be a cake walk.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

591 Series: 188-180-223

Game 1 I started with the Lethal Revolver. Felt like my timing was off a bit...but I only had two opens...a 4-7-10 split in the 2nd frame and a 2-4-5-8 bucket in the 6th frame that I chopped. After a weak strike in the 9th, I switched to the Loaded Revolver.

Game 2 I also started off badly with a chopped 1-2-4-10 washout in the first frame...then a 4-6-10 split in the 4th frame...and another multi-pin 'issue' when I chopped a 2-4-5 in the 7th. Had to strike out in the 10th to salvage the 180 and avoid our female bowler on the team actually beating me...we tied.

Game 3 I suddenly found my timing...started making much better shots. The only open was a 1-2-4 in the 4th frame.

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 9.03 pins
    Strikes: 55% (3 turkeys, 3 doubles, and 4 singles)
    Spares: 57% picked up

Single Pin spares: 100% (4/4)
    Only left a 2-pin, 7-pin, 9-pin, and 10-pin.

Multiple Pin spares: 40% (4/10)
    Most common multi-pin leave: n/a

Average over 3 games: 197.00.
    Average had I picked up 100% of single pin spare leaves: n/a.

The team took 3 points...our gal with the knee issue returned and bowled well. Our beginner bowler bowled better this week.

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post

591 Series: 188-180-223

Game 1 I started with the Lethal Revolver. Felt like my timing was off a bit...but I only had two opens...a 4-7-10 split in the 2nd frame and a 2-4-5-8 bucket in the 6th frame that I chopped. After a weak strike in the 9th, I switched to the Loaded Revolver.

Game 2 I also started off badly with a chopped 1-2-4-10 washout in the first frame...then a 4-6-10 split in the 4th frame...and another multi-pin 'issue' when I chopped a 2-4-5 in the 7th. Had to strike out in the 10th to salvage the 180 and avoid our female bowler on the team actually beating me...we tied.

Game 3 I suddenly found my timing...started making much better shots. The only open was a 1-2-4 in the 4th frame.

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 9.03 pins
    Strikes: 55% (3 turkeys, 3 doubles, and 4 singles)
    Spares: 57% picked up

Single Pin spares: 100% (4/4)
    Only left a 2-pin, 7-pin, 9-pin, and 10-pin.

Multiple Pin spares: 40% (4/10)
    Most common multi-pin leave: n/a

Average over 3 games: 197.00.

The team took 3 points...our gal with the knee issue returned and bowled well. Our beginner bowler bowled better this week.
    Not bad looking pretty good the last few weeks
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Chats: 55

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    Had to strike out in the 10th to salvage the 180 and avoid our female bowler on the team actually beating me...we tied.
    Must not let the females beat the little boys bowling

Aslan, your posts always make me laugh...or shake my head in wonderment!
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!
    High Series - 704; High Game - 290 (a long time ago) Current Average - 150

Quote Originally Posted by classygranny View Post
    Must not let the females beat the little boys bowling

Aslan, your posts always make me laugh...or shake my head in wonderment!
    It wasn't that she was a girl...it's that she's like a 136 average bowler...who constantly taunts me saying she is going to beat me. I usually just brush that off with a typical "Yeah...that would be cool." But when she actually goes on a crazy run...I get nervous.

It's a no-win situation...if I beat her 299-99...she just goes off and does a shot and laughs and has fun. If she beats me 186-185...she'll remind me how she beat me that one time for like 6 months.

Also...I'm thinking about sleeping with her when we go to Vegas this weekend. I'm not sure. I'm trying to turn over a couple new leaves...but the two new leaves are confliciting one another. ON the one hand, she's married and I'm trying to avoid "mortal sins" from a religious standpoint. On the other hand...I've been trying to be really nice to ladies and tell them all kinds of stuff that they want to hear that makes them happy. So...I gotta wrestle with that one the next week or so.

Maybe it'll resolve itself. I'm also starting to require God to intervene...I'm kinda over the whole "free will" thing...I think God needs to step up and start removing temptations...it's not too much to ask if ya think about it. I mean, if God doesn't want me to "covet another man's wife"...then why have wives that are looking to be coveted by me? Isn't that some kind of weird game? It's kinda sick...like some kinda weird psychology experiment. I don't know...whatever.

Oh yeah...scores from last night's tournament:

Saturday Weekly Color-Pin Tournament:

555 Series: 136-211-208

Game 1 was poo. Just couldn't seem to get the Lethal Revolver to make the turn on that pair. Last week it was biting too much...so I polished it a bit Monday...now I couldn't get it to make the turn.

Game 2 would have been clean except for a poo shot in the 8th frame that left a 1-2-4-10 washout that I didn't even come close to converting.

Game 3 was more of the same. A 3-9-10 split in the 2nd frame and a 1-2-4-8 I couldn't convert in the 5th...but I was able to run some strikes together to salvage the 200+.

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 8.48 pins
    Strikes: 48% (1 4-bagger, 2 turkeys, 1 double, and 4 singles)
    Spares: 52% picked up

Single Pin spares: 100% (3/3)
    Most common single-pin leave: 10-pin (3x)
    Only left a 4-pin, 5-pin, and 6-pin.

Multiple Pin spares: 42% (6/14)
    Most common multi-pin leaves: 1-2-4 and 1-2-8 (2x each)

Splits: 0% (0/3).

Average over 3 games: 185.00.

483 Series: 177-146-160

Game 1 I couldn't seem to get the ball to get back to the pocket...no miss room.

Game 2 the Lethal Revolver was hitting light...and my spare shooting wasn't great...I switched to the Loaded Revolver midway through and things got better...too little too late.

Game 3 the line had burned up and by the time I found a new one...too little too late.

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 8.41 pins
    Strikes: 35% (3 doubles and 6 singles)
    Spares: 40% picked up

Single Pin spares: 66% (4/6)
    Most common single-pin leave: 10-pin (3x).
    Also left a 5-pin, 6-pin, and 7-pin.

Multiple Pin spares: 28% (4/14)
    Most common multi-pin leave: 1-2 (2x)

Splits: 0% (0/4)

Average over 3 games: 161.00.
    Average had I picked up 100% of single pin spare leaves: 167.00.

God I hope this was just an off night and not the beginning of the end of my hot streak 5 days before sweeps.

Page 135 of 226 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145185 ... LastLast