Page 136 of 226 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146186 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 2252

Thread: Aslan's Scores (of the non-lady kind)

Chats: 204

Pre-Sweeps Practice: South Point (Las Vegas)

527 Series: 177-181-169
    Game 1 was with Dark Encounter...I applied a 1000 grit abralon by hand...Vegas lanes are notoriously longer and wider than what I usually play on so I usually scuff up the balls just a little bit. It took most of the first game, but I finally settled in on a good line...about 5 and 5 right of where I usually play. A little longer pattern...a little wider. Better hold downlane...so a miss 1-2 left won't hurt you...but a miss 1-3 boards right and it wasn't coming back. And the miss inside had to be a true "miss"...not a "pull". Pulled shots didn't hold. Game 2 was more of the same.

In Game 3, I just ran out of patience with the Dark Encounter hitting the pocket and just hitting really soft...so I switched to the Lethal Revolver and did better.

499 Series: 194-143-172
    Game 1 I used the Lethal Revolver...but by the 9th and 10th frames...it just wasn't carrying. Game 2 I switched to the Loaded Revolver...but it wasn't making it back...so I switched bak to the Le. Revolver...the back to the Loaded Revolver. Game 3 I used the Loaded Revolver...but I was physically and mentally spent...and my timing and balance was just 'off'. I'm no longer used to these "marathon" practice sessions.

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 8.73 pins
    Strikes: 36% (2 4-baggers, 4 doubles, and 7 singles)
    Spares: 50% picked up

Single Pin spares: 64% (11/17)
    Most common single pin leave: 10-pin (6x)
    Never left a single 1-pin, 8-pin, nor 9-pin.

Multiple Pin spares: 38% (8/21)
    Most common multi-pin leaves: 6-10 (3x).

Splits: 0% (0/4)

Average over 6 games: 172.67.
    Average had I picked up 100% of single pin spare leaves: 182.83.

The overall impression was that the lanes were easier than I predicted. Probably just because I've gotten better since last I bowled here. But the more important problem/issue...is a 172.67 average isn't gonna win me any money tomorrow. For that matter, even had I picked up all the single-pin spares...a 182.63 average isn't going to win me any $$.

This is a smaller league, smaller pot...I hesitate to say "better" bowlers...because I think there was more talent in my old Tuesday and Wednesday leagues. But this league is used to tough conditions...so I think they'' adapt more quickly. Given the size of the league and talent level...and my handicap...a 650 series might be all I need to take home some real $$. But practice seems to point to me not really getting over 600 without some luck.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Sweeps: South Point (Las Vegas)

546 Series: 213-159-174
    Game 1 was with Dark Encounter...I applied a 1000 grit abralon by hand...Vegas lanes are notoriously longer and wider than what I usually play on so I usually scuff up the balls just a little bit. First 3 frames I left corner-pins...missed every single one. Finally I found my strike line and settled down...7 strikes in 7 frames to finish with a 213 which tied me for 2nd in the handicap side pot with a 240.

Game 2...couldn't seem to strike...switched to the Lethal Revolver in the 5th frame...but it was really biting hard. I scuffed it to a 1000-1500 abralon...but it was biting a bit more than I wanted it to. A split in the 5th...spare shooting was okay until a couple more missed corner leaves in the 8th and 9th...the 159 knocked me out of all 5 of the brackets I was alive in and ended any real shot at taking home any real money from sweeps.

Switched to the Loaded Revolver in frame 3 of Game 3...only two opens...two more corner-pins...but only two strikes.

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 9.15 pins
    Strikes: 35% (1 6-bagger and 6 singles)
    Spares: 61% picked up

Most common single pin leave: 4-pin (6x)

Multiple Pin spares: 50% (2/4)
    Most common multi-pin leave: n/a.

Splits: 0% (0/1)

Average over 3 games: 182.00.
    Average had I picked up 100% of single pin spare leaves: 203.33.

Statistically very similar to yesterday's practice...with the one major exception being that yesterday I left 17 single-pins over 6 games...and at sweeps I left 17 single-pins over 3 games. Only 50% on single corner-pins. The first ball average was solid...had I picked up the spares...I'd have average about 203...with a 244-168-196 or something like that.

The lanes were okay. I think I had a little too much surface given that we swept at 8PM after all the other leagues swept.

As for my first sweeps at South Point...the rooms were very nice...much nicer than The Orleans and Gold Coast. And the lanes and approaches were nicer too. Rob's buddy was running the show from the desk...and everything ran smooth. No equipment problems...and the new scoring software was great. Even the food at the snack bar was better.

The league had fun...one girl rolled a 269 scratch in Game 2...and the best female bowler in the league (the only one that averages more than I do) bowled a 300-game in Game 3. The lanes played longer and wider than what our league was used to...but many of the top average guys in this league are good enough to make adjustments and they've bowled at South Point before. Being in a league that is used to more challenging conditions helps...it doesn't lead to the disaster of bowling at the local AMF house, averaging near 190-200...then going to the Gold Coast and finding out you don't have 9-boards of miss room.

Obviously a bummer for me. Yet another trip to Vegas where I left with less money than I showed up with...but, that's not really uncommon in Vegas. And I got to see the USBC Queens a couple games...only left down about $200...mostly from playing slots when I got bored waiting for the sweeps to start. I did leave at 11:30 after our meeting wound down...and made it back to the OC in record time...3.5 hours. During daylight hours...that's rarely possible.

Now that the second league is done, I can update my "Fall/Winter Goals"....when I find the thread...
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    Sweeps: South Point (Las Vegas)

546 Series: 213-159-174
    Game 1 was with Dark Encounter...I applied a 1000 grit abralon by hand...Vegas lanes are notoriously longer and wider than what I usually play on so I usually scuff up the balls just a little bit. First 3 frames I left corner-pins...missed every single one. Finally I found my strike line and settled down...7 strikes in 7 frames to finish with a 213 which tied me for 2nd in the handicap side pot with a 240.

Game 2...couldn't seem to strike...switched to the Lethal Revolver in the 5th frame...but it was really biting hard. I scuffed it to a 1000-1500 abralon...but it was biting a bit more than I wanted it to. A split in the 5th...spare shooting was okay until a couple more missed corner leaves in the 8th and 9th...the 159 knocked me out of all 5 of the brackets I was alive in and ended any real shot at taking home any real money from sweeps.

Switched to the Loaded Revolver in frame 3 of Game 3...only two opens...two more corner-pins...but only two strikes.

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 9.15 pins
    Strikes: 35% (1 6-bagger and 6 singles)
    Spares: 61% picked up

Most common single pin leave: 4-pin (6x)

Multiple Pin spares: 50% (2/4)
    Most common multi-pin leave: n/a.

Splits: 0% (0/1)

Average over 3 games: 182.00.
    Average had I picked up 100% of single pin spare leaves: 203.33.

Statistically very similar to yesterday's practice...with the one major exception being that yesterday I left 17 single-pins over 6 games...and at sweeps I left 17 single-pins over 3 games. Only 50% on single corner-pins. The first ball average was solid...had I picked up the spares...I'd have average about 203...with a 244-168-196 or something like that.

The lanes were okay. I think I had a little too much surface given that we swept at 8PM after all the other leagues swept.

As for my first sweeps at South Point...the rooms were very nice...much nicer than The Orleans and Gold Coast. And the lanes and approaches were nicer too. Rob's buddy was running the show from the desk...and everything ran smooth. No equipment problems...and the new scoring software was great. Even the food at the snack bar was better.

The league had fun...one girl rolled a 269 scratch in Game 2...and the best female bowler in the league (the only one that averages more than I do) bowled a 300-game in Game 3. The lanes played longer and wider than what our league was used to...but many of the top average guys in this league are good enough to make adjustments and they've bowled at South Point before. Being in a league that is used to more challenging conditions helps...it doesn't lead to the disaster of bowling at the local AMF house, averaging near 190-200...then going to the Gold Coast and finding out you don't have 9-boards of miss room.

Obviously a bummer for me. Yet another trip to Vegas where I left with less money than I showed up with...but, that's not really uncommon in Vegas. And I got to see the USBC Queens a couple games...only left down about $200...mostly from playing slots when I got bored waiting for the sweeps to start. I did leave at 11:30 after our meeting wound down...and made it back to the OC in record time...3.5 hours. During daylight hours...that's rarely possible.

Now that the second league is done, I can update my "Fall/Winter Goals"....when I find the thread...
    Anytime that you get lost at SouthPoint, it's because you didn't move far enough or fast enough. Remeber this for next time!

Older Brunswick synthetics.

644 Series: 233-218-193

Finally found a team willing to take a chance on me as a sub...

Game 1 I opened in frame 1 because I didn't get any practice and guttered on the first shot. Clean the rest of the way.

Game 2 my only open was on a Big 4 split in frame 4.

Game 3 I also opened in frame 4 on a 3-9...clean the rest of the way.

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 8.94 pins
    Strikes: 48% (1 6-bagger, 1 5-bagger, 1 double, and 3 singles)
    Spares: 68% picked up

Single Pin spares: 100% (9/9)
    Most common single-pin leave: 4-pin and 10-pin (3x each).
    Also left a 6-pin and 7-pin (2x).

Multiple Pin spares: 28% (2/7)
    Most common multi-pin leave: n/a

Splits: 0% (0/3)

Average over 3 games: 214.67.
    Average had I picked up 100% of single pin spare leaves: n/a.

Take THAT all you haters that wouldn't take me as a sub the last 4 times I sat in the bar waiting!

Definitely was making good shots. Conditions were more favorable than Vegas...a couple shots I missed as much as 4 boards right and still got it to come back into the pocket. Only two opens and one was a split...and I picked up all single-pin spares...so I can't complain. The other two missed multi-pin spares were on 2nd shots in the 10th and both were splits.

I think I helped their team take all 4 points before even adding in any handicap. And the anchor on the team took my cell number so I guess I passed the tryout/audition.

Congrats, 621 from a pinch hitter is big time, next time ask for drinks for your services.

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    Older Brunswick synthetics.

644 Series: 233-218-193

Finally found a team willing to take a chance on me as a sub...

Game 1 I opened in frame 1 because I didn't get any practice and guttered on the first shot. Clean the rest of the way.

Game 2 my only open was on a Big 4 split in frame 4.

Game 3 I also opened in frame 4 on a 3-9...clean the rest of the way.

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 8.94 pins
    Strikes: 48% (1 6-bagger, 1 5-bagger, 1 double, and 3 singles)
    Spares: 68% picked up

Single Pin spares: 100% (9/9)
    Most common single-pin leave: 4-pin and 10-pin (3x each).
    Also left a 6-pin and 7-pin (2x).

Multiple Pin spares: 28% (2/7)
    Most common multi-pin leave: n/a

Splits: 0% (0/3)

Average over 3 games: 214.67.

Take THAT all you haters that wouldn't take me as a sub the last 4 times I sat in the bar waiting!

Definitely was making good shots. Conditions were more favorable than Vegas...a couple shots I missed as much as 4 boards right and still got it to come back into the pocket. Only two opens and one was a split...and I picked up all single-pin spares...so I can't complain. The other two missed multi-pin spares were on 2nd shots in the 10th and both were splits.

I think I helped their team take all 4 points before even adding in any handicap. And the anchor on the team took my cell number so I guess I passed the tryout/audition.
    Did that league have you establish on the first night, or do you use a book for the first 9 games?

The value of a sub is can you do better than if they take the missing person's average less 10 pins.

If your average in that league is now 214, you have to shoot 204+ next time, or they would be better off without a sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike White View Post
    Did that league have you establish on the first night, or do you use a book for the first 9 games?

The value of a sub is can you do better than if they take the missing person's average less 10 pins.

If your average in that league is now 214, you have to shoot 204+ next time, or they would be better off without a sub.

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

I "think" they will use my league average from the league I was in on Mondays that just got over. The other possibilites are:

They make me establish for 3 weeks and then re-calculate.
    They make me establish for 3 weeks starting me at an average of 175.
    They use my highest book average from the most recent season (192).
    They use my highest book average from the previous season (190).
    They use my composite average from the previous season (174).

This league is almost over...they are still finishing up Fall/Winter and have a position round next week so I won't be able to sub....and I think that is their last week and then they start a short summer season. So, it's very possible this will be my only sub for that league. The one guy took my number though, I think for summer, because one guy on the team travels alot.

So, I 'think' my bowling helped them according to the scenarios lists...it's just a matter of how much it helped them. Even if I was establishing, the league is 90% of 215...so my scores just would have been scratch...and I think we beat them all 3 games even if I didn't get handicap.

Random Friday Practice: older Brunswick synthetics

431 Series: 156-116-159

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 7.90 pins
    Strikes: 16% (1 double, and 3 singles)
    Spares: 50% picked up

Single Pin spares: 100% (6/6)
    Most common single-pin leave: 7-pin (3x)
    Also left a 5-pin, 6-pin, and 10-pin.

Multiple Pin spares: 35% (7/20)
    Most common multi-pin leaves: 6-7 split, 3-6-7-10 washout, and 3-10 baby split (2x each)

Splits: 0% (0/7).

Average over 3 games: 143.67.

Practiced on dry lanes. Couldn't even manage to get in the 160s....because 1/3 of my leaves were splits. The only positives were the single-pin spare shooting and in the 3rd game I tried to move back and add speed...and it went pretty well. Normally speed adjustment is not something I mess with...but the timing stayed at least "okay".
    Last edited by Aslan; 06-19-2016 at 08:15 PM.

Random Sunday Practice: older Brunswick synthetics

532 Series: 183-167-182

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 8.59 pins
    Strikes: 35% (1 4-bagger, 1 double, and 6 singles)
    Spares: 70% picked up

Single Pin spares: 100% (10/10)
    Most common single-pin leave: 10-pin (4x)
    Never left a single 1-pin, 3-pin, 6-pin, nor 9-pin.

Multiple Pin spares: 40% (4/10)
    Most common multi-pin leave: 6-10 (3x)

Splits: 33% (1/3).

Average over 3 games: 177.33.

Lesson from Mark this morning. Then I took on the mother/daughter in some post-lesson competition. Things worked well. Obviously I'm happy with the single-pin %. Not happy that I was only 1 for 3 on 6-10s though.
    Last edited by Aslan; 06-19-2016 at 09:11 PM.

Page 136 of 226 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146186 ... LastLast