Page 166 of 226 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170176216 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 2260

Thread: Aslan's Scores (of the non-lady kind)

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

My high sanctioned score forever was 266 until this year, and I popped 279 twice. Somewhere along the line that game is going to come....
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-300; high series-739

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by Timmyb View Post
    My high sanctioned score forever was 266 until this year, and I popped 279 twice. Somewhere along the line that game is going to come....
    Thanks for the encouragement.

I keep telling myself...."Iceman has THREE perfect games...and he bowls like a drunk flamingo."
    You GOTTA stay positive!

Tuesday Night League: newer synthetics, dry, short, THS

511 Series: 195-175-141

Only 1 open frame in Game 1, but no consistent carry. Same thing in Game 2...but one more open frame. Game 3, I didn't strike at all; four opens and the rest spares.

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 8.36 pins
    Strikes: 24% (1 5-bagger, 3 doubles, and 3 singles)
    Spares: 65% picked up

Single Pin spares: 90% (9/10)
    Most common single-pin leave: 10-pin (8x).
    Also left a single 2-pin and 3-pin.

Multiple Pin spares: 46% (6/13)
    Most common multi-pin leaves: 1-3-6-9 (3x)

Splits: 0% (0/2)

Average over 3 games: 170.33.
    Average had I picked up 100% of single pin spare leaves: 174.33.

Just struggled like hell(o) tonight. Way, way, way too many flat 10s...and changing balls to the Innovate didn't work...then changing to the 300A seemed to make things even worse. And on this garbage pattern...that ends right about the start/middle of the tracers...and is just horribly light volume outside of 11...there's just no error room. Guys with a lot of speed....and weak, symmetric equipment....that were used to the wood lane shot that used to exist....they do fine. But standard speeds (or less) and newer/stronger equipment is a disaster. I found an inside line that "sort of" worked with the Scandal Pearl. No miss room...especially on the outside where a 2-board miss will result in the ball hooking left of the 2-pin...but it worked for me a couple times....which is more than I can say about getting anywhere near the track/11-board.

And, the 300A helps me get some distance...gives me a symmetric option to calm things down...but it hits with such little power...ya end up shooting 10-pins the rest of the night.

Next week; I'm gonna try to move a little more inside....maybe start with the Reax Pearl...same progression as at the Wednesday/Friday center. I just gotta figure out how to get the ball to the breakpoint with any energy left. Maybe I gotta go "nuclear option" and use loft and/or speed...which is a habit I've been trying to keep from re-adopting...but ughhh....miserable night. Spare shooting, I can't complain...at least about my single/10-pins...but everything else was "blah"...at best.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 175; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.7mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

WHAT did you say I bowl like!! I just started my summer league, 207, 237, 232! I will do the math for you, man that has had way more lessons then his bowling brain can comprehend! LOL 225 average... on new lanes!

You do need to be taught to respect your seniors,,,, I would be glad to give you a lesson! I have 4 perfect games, not 3! Remember I had Never bowled until I retired at 62! Then only found
    out about sanctioned leages when I turn 64. Now 68, and 4 300, and a 834! Come on Man..... Come on man!!! All of my scores are "Not of the Lady Kind!" LOL

Drunken Flamingo? You are getting me FIRED UP! I could crush you on any lanes with a Mickey Mouse tube sock tired over my eyes!
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Quote Originally Posted by MICHAEL View Post
    Drunken Flamingo? You are getting me FIRED UP! I could crush you on any lanes with a Mickey Mouse tube sock tired over my eyes!
    Well, in my defense, I thought "A Penguin with Vertigo" was a bit too harsh.

And no...I've seen you bowl with both eyes open...and that didn't go well...via the falling down and everything...so, please, let's not blindfold you. That would be cruel.

Wednesday League Night: low-oil synthetics, older brunswick lanes

630 Series: 193 - 213 - 224 (clean)

Game 1 the Reax Pearl was pretty much dialed in. Just a couple spare shooting issues.

Game 2 started out miserable...3 opens over 5 frames as I tried to figure out how to play the Innovate with the non-polished 3000 Abralon surface I put on it...but a 6-bagger salvaged my 200+ game and helped win my team the point.

Game 3 I started losing my line with the Innovate....took a couple frames to adjust to the Scandal Pearl...then mostly strikes to close things out.

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 9.34 pins
    Strikes: 57% (1 6-bagger, 1 hambone, 1 turkey, 1 double, and 5 singles)
    Spares: 61% picked up

Single Pin spares: 77% (7/9)
    Most common single-pin leave: 10-pin (4x).
    Also left a single 3-pin, 5-pin, 7-pin, and 4-pin (2x).

Multiple Pin spares: 25% (1/4)
    Most common multi-pin leave: n/a

Splits: 0% (0/1)

Average over 3 games: 210.00.
    Average had I picked up 100% of single pin spare leaves: 217.00.

Now I have yet another team asking for my phone number "in case they need a sub" because apparently by performance has impressed them...as well as my being at least mostly responsible for the 10-2 record over the last 3 weeks....helping them move from 20th to 13th (this week), and probably around 10th next week.

Lost the card game with a four-of-a-kind (10s) to four-of-a-kind (Jacks). Missed Mystery Score by 3 pins. Was out of every bracket by Game 2. No strike ball. So, out $34 for tonight despite a decent effort.

I've been experimenting with the surface of the Innovate and battling track development. I tried a 2000 polished, a 1500 polished, and now a straight 3000 finish. When I finally made the switch from the Reax Pearl to the Innovate...it took me awhile to get dialed back in...and I ended up just throwing the Innovate up the 13-14 board, almost straight into the pocket. Without the polish...there wasn't much angularity to the shot. Gonna give up and put it back at 2000 polished....or maybe 1500 polished.
    Last edited by Aslan; 05-04-2017 at 02:24 AM.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    Ball Speed: 14.7mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Are these teams that want you to sub going to pay for your travel costs from wherever you wind up in the midwest?
    John

Friday League Night (subbing)
    Older Brunswick synthetics: low oil synthetics

617 Series: 186 - 219 - 212

Two missed 10-pins, back-to-back, pretty much ruined Game 1.

Game 2 I started with a 1-2-4-10 washout and got a pocket 7-10 split in the 5th. And, once I switched to Scandal Pearl in the 7th...I was able to run 4 strikes together to finish strong.

Game 3 the Scandal Pearl was just destroying the pins. My accuracy wasn't spot on...but I had some miss room and some luck. I finally started making my single pins...but then missed ANOTHER 10-pin in the 9th.

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 9.09 pins
    Strikes: 58% (1 4-bagger, 1 turkey, 5 doubles, and 3 singles)
    Spares: 53% picked up

Single Pin spares: 55% (5/9)
    Most common single-pin leaves: 10-pin (5x).
    Also left a single 2-pin, 7-pin, and 6-pin (2x).

Multiple Pin spares: 50% (2/4)
    Most common multi-pin leaves: n/a

Splits: 0% (0/1)

Average over 3 games: 205.67.
    Average had I picked up 100% of single pin spare leaves: 217.33.

I bowled well...but my accuracy was off. I would have stayed and played some low-ball...to try and work on the spare shooting...but I kinda "tweeked" my knee in the 2nd game and was worried that practicing on it might injure it further. It seemed okay in Game 3...and seems okay now. Maybe I'll stay off it (from bowling) until Wednesday...hopefully it's nothing.

Wednesday League Night: low-oil synthetics, older brunswick lanes

641 Series: 172 - 213 - 256 (clean)

Game 1 I had some trouble pushing my shot to the right...not sure why. Won the card game...but got knocked out of 5 of my 6 brackets.

Game 2 was actually a really good game. The only two opens were splits...including a pocket 7-10 split in the 6th frame that cost me 23 pins when it broke up my 7-bagger. Same score (213) in Game 2 as last week...but a much better game overall. The 2000 polished surface on the Innovate worked much better than the 3000 non-polished surface I tried last week.

Game 3 I pulled a couple shots...but made my spares...and managed 9 strikes over 10 frames. 275 handicap was enough to take the 3rd game sidepot.

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 9.15 pins
    Strikes: 61% (1 hambone, 3 turkeys, 2 doubles, and 4 singles)
    Spares: 66% picked up

Single Pin spares: 100% (3/3)
    Most common single-pin leave: n/a
    Left a single 4-pin, 6-pin, and 8-pin.

Multiple Pin spares: 55% (5/9)
    Most common multi-pin leave: 2-4-8 (2x)

Splits: 0% (0/3)

Average over 3 games: 213.67.
    Average had I picked up 100% of single pin spare leaves: n/a

It was a mentally taxing night. I was subbing on a team with a couple former PBA regional guys...so I guess I felt like I had to "bring my A-Game" or risk being embarrassed in front of guys that have (at least) bowled at that coveted "next level".

I have been watching a lot of PBA50 and PWBA recently so I guess I was trying to stay really focused and do all the little things regarding balance, release, etc...

The Innovate with a 3000 non-polished surface that I tried last week failed miserably...but going back to the 2000 polished surface worked out much better. Still frustrated with track development though...causing me to need to resurface this ball every 1-4 games.

I'm happy with the scores...and happy that I performed well in front of guys that have bowled at the next level....BUT...I actually am disappointed with my overall performance. There were no 7-pins nor 10-pins...so I wasn't really tested with my spare shooting. Only 1 non-split that I chopped....converted 5...but I wasn't really "tested". And I definitely benefited from the THS tonight. At least a handful of strikes that were very weak. Nice to get "breaks"...but I'm ready to raise my game to the next level and stop relying on the THS to help me out. At the same time...I also had a couple bad breaks...including a stone 8-pin on a great shot and a pocket 7-10 split on what seemed like a very good shot...so, it cuts both ways I guess.

And...I really want to finish the month as one of the top 11 bowlers (out of 128 regulars and 12 subs) in the league...I entered the night tied for 11th...I 'may' have moved up to tied for 10th...but with less than a month left in California...it's gonna be hard to get to the 198-199 level I'm aiming for.

But...hey...between a card game, a bracket, and a sidepot...I probably broke even...maybe even paid for my dinner.

And, I suppose I should thank 2-handed phenom Chip (from this site)...for lighting a fire under my {tush} by mocking me and calling me a "170 average bowler"...I guess I figure it's time to start silencing some of the "critics".
    Last edited by Aslan; 05-04-2017 at 02:23 AM.

Chats: 256

Nice shooting Aslan. That is a far cry from the 300 or 400 series that you were putting up a long time ago.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    Nice shooting Aslan. That is a far cry from the 300 or 400 series that you were putting up a long time ago.
    Thanks.

Yeah. Looking back on my 139 average in 2013, when I got my first ball and started bowling...I would have never thought I'd be approaching the high 190s less than 4 years later. But, as much as it's a credit to my own intensity and work...it's also a testament to this site and input from guys like yourself, Bowl1820, and everyone else...and it's a real testament to the value of coaching. I don't spend $150/month on coaching because I have $150/month and nowhere else to spend it.

I gotta try to do as much as I can in the limited time I have left...because high level bowlers all eventually "lose it" when their bodies can no longer endure. I outbowled 2 PBA regional players last night...but MOST of that was because their bodies no longer allowed them to play at the high level they used to be able to perform at. I have no dillusions that someday I will in that boat as well.

Based on the opinion you've expressed on bowling THS,
    maybe the appropriate congratulations should be something more like;

Nice work, you suck less than you used to, keep it up ! lol

Page 166 of 226 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170176216 ... LastLast