Page 58 of 226 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158 ... LastLast

Thread: Aslan's Scores (of the non-lady kind)

Bowler
    Chats: 1

Nice shooting Aslan!

Chats: 32

Nice Shooting Aslan that puts you a step ahead of me I've never even thrown one in practice not to get one in league so it counts. Looks like those lanes suit your game pretty well
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Chats: 39

Wow....Aslan got a 300 before me :O. I guess the lanes in the US are even easier than I thought they were. Now, excuse me while I go stick my head in the oven....

Just kidding .....congrats dude.
    Company League Average: 198.1
    City League Average: 186.5
    WTBA Sport pattern League Average: 172.9
    Current Arsenal: Roto Grip Nomad Pearl, Wrecker, and Hyper Cell; Track 920A and 505A; Storm Tropical Breeze; Plastic Spare Ball

I think those were Depends the Iceman had on not tighty whiteys.

Wow, congrats man! You can always say you bowled a 300 now. Sanctioned or not, you rolled a 300. Doesn't matter what anyone says.

When I rolled mine, guy from work got a bowling pin and heat sealed lettering with my name, "300 Game" & date. I have it sitting on my mantle in the man cave. I highly recommend doing something like that. It will always make you smile.

--Just surprised you of all people do not have video of this momentous occasion.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by Hampe View Post
    Wow....Aslan got a 300 before me :O. I guess the lanes in the US are even easier than I thought they were. Now, excuse me while I go stick my head in the oven....

Just kidding .....congrats dude.
    Like I tell all the cosmic bowlers that come on here talking trash...and the Missouri based bowlers that bowl on tilted lanes...if it ain't sanctioned...it didn't really happen. I know...I know...thats a bummer for Camp Aslan...but it's true.

Bowling on only ONE lane (versus alternating) is a HUGE advantage when it comes to scoring high. Rob M always preaches that lanes vary a lot from one to another...and thats true. Many a league night I've used different balls on different lanes. The only 'trick' to doing it on ONE lane is:
    1) Keep throwing the same shot.
    2) After 8 strikes...be brave enough to push that target out just a tad...or you risk coming in through the head before completing the feat. Thats not easy to do...to change ANYTHING when you're that close to perfection...but many a 300 are ruined because playing the same line for 8 frames with a reactive ball...you're changing the shot.

Quote Originally Posted by bubba809 View Post
    Wow, congrats man! You can always say you bowled a 300 now. Sanctioned or not, you rolled a 300. Doesn't matter what anyone says.
    Well, it doesn't matter what anyone says...but even I admit that it doesn't really count for much. Practice conditions, no mental pressures, no waiting between shots, no alternating lanes...just too many things that made it easier to acheive.

--Just surprised you of all people do not have video of this momentous occasion.
    Like I said...I was fully expecting...right up until the last shot...that I'd eventually make a mistake or get a bad break. It didn't occur to me until that very last shot that I might actually complete the perfect game. I was so wrapped up in it...it didn't even occur to me to video it.

Funny story though...my daughter was there and she was listening to something on her iphone...totally NOT paying attention to me bowling....so after the 11th strike...I tapped her on the shoulder and said, "You might wanna look up." She stared at me oddly...then looked back at her phone. So I tapped her on the shoulder again...same response. Finally after the 3rd time...she looked up and after a couple seconds of processing was like, "Holy cow!"

I could have rolled that perfect game...and nobody but the guy at the desk would have known. Nobody was really near me watching. The only guy watching was the guy at the desk. I noticed him watching after about the 7th frame. I was kinda hoping he'd announce it over the PA speaker or I'd get a prize or something...but he didn't even bother to say congratulations or anything.

The hardest thing about throwing a 300-game...is pressing that "next game" button. I just wanted to stare at it forever. Im not much of a social media guy...but I took a picture and posted it to Facebook, sent it to my coach, and sent it to MWhite. I'm sure the Vegas odds regarding the upcoming Aslan vs. ZDawg 2nd Annual Invitational just changed significantly!
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 175; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.7mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Congrats on the 300 Aslan. Hope you get one in league soon.

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by fortheloveofbowling View Post
    Congrats on the 300 Aslan. Hope you get one in league soon.
    Thanks. The biggest and really only real advantage in throwing it is I can now comment about how easy it is without VDub reminding me that I should actually roll a 300-game before talking about how easy it is.

So there...it was easy. Too easy. And I know from 1st hand experience!!

Chats: 39

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    Like I tell all the cosmic bowlers that come on here talking trash...and the Missouri based bowlers that bowl on tilted lanes...if it ain't sanctioned...it didn't really happen. I know...I know...thats a bummer for Camp Aslan...but it's true.
    Well hey....don't sell yourself too short. You still have one more 300 that didn't really happen than I do .

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    The hardest thing about throwing a 300-game...is pressing that "next game" button.
    Haha.....I can imagine .
    Company League Average: 198.1
    City League Average: 186.5
    WTBA Sport pattern League Average: 172.9
    Current Arsenal: Roto Grip Nomad Pearl, Wrecker, and Hyper Cell; Track 920A and 505A; Storm Tropical Breeze; Plastic Spare Ball

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan;125561[I
    ]Like I tell all the cosmic bowlers that come on here talking trash...and the Missouri based bowlers that bowl on tilted lanes...if it ain't sanctioned...it didn't really happen. I know...I know...thats a bummer for Camp Aslan...but it's true.

Bowling on only ONE lane (versus alternating) is a HUGE advantage when it comes to scoring high. Rob M always preaches that lanes vary a lot from one to another...and thats true. Many a league night I've used different balls on different lanes. The only 'trick' to doing it on ONE lane is:
    1) Keep throwing the same shot.
    2) After 8 strikes...be brave enough to push that target out just a tad...or you risk coming in through the head before completing the feat. Thats not easy to do...to change ANYTHING when you're that close to perfection...but many a 300 are ruined because playing the same line for 8 frames with a reactive ball...you're changing the shot.

Well, it doesn't matter what anyone says...but even I admit that it doesn't really count for much. Practice conditions, no mental pressures, no waiting between shots, no alternating lanes...just too many things that made it easier to achieve.[/I]

I still do not agree with that. A 300 is a 300. Let others have the same conditions as you had. I.E. "Practice conditions, no mental pressures, no waiting between shots, no alternating lanes..." and see how many 300's are still rolled. I realize all these things may add up to "easier" bowling, but it is still NOT easy, especially to those under a 200 Avg.

You may not get all the glory and accolades from being sanctioned but you still did it. When people ask what's your highest game, you say, "A 300". You DON'T say, "A 300 but it was under practice conditions, no mental pressures, no waiting between shots, no alternating lanes...just too many things that made it easier to achieve." But then again, I forgot to whom I was talking to. So maybe your proud grand moment will sadly be downplayed by an Aslan dissertation of the History of Bowling and how you did not deserve that 300. You will probably rationalize to yourself that your loft was not PB III approved or the fact there is no video, there is no 300 (in your special alternate universe).

Dude please don't over analyze this one. You did something a lot of bowlers haven't (under ANY condition). Embrace it and do something to commemorate it (like with the engraved bowling pin).

-Oh and please don't put the screen shots of the 300 on your Match.com profile. Regardless of what you think, this isn't a turn on for women.
    Last edited by bubba809; 03-10-2015 at 11:09 AM.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Chats: 32

I still do not agree with that. A 300 is a 300. Let others have the same conditions as you had. I.E. "Practice conditions, no mental pressures, no waiting between shots, no alternating lanes..." and see how many 300's are still rolled. I realize all these things may add up to "easier" bowling, but it is still NOT easy, especially to those under a 200 Avg.

You may not get all the glory and accolades from being sanctioned but you still did it. When people ask what's your highest game, you say, "A 300". You DON'T say, "A 300 but it was under practice conditions, no mental pressures, no waiting between shots, no alternating lanes...just too many things that made it easier to achieve." But then again, I forgot to whom I was talking to. So maybe your proud grand moment will sadly be downplayed by an Aslan dissertation of the History of Bowling and how you did not deserve that 300. You will probably rationalize to yourself that your loft was not PB III approved or the fact there is no video, there is no 300 (in your special alternate universe).

Dude please don't over analyze this one. You did something a lot of bowlers haven't (under ANY condition). Embrace it and do something to commemorate it (like with the engraved bowling pin).

-Oh and please don't put the screen shots of the 300 on your Match.com profile. Regardless of what you think, this isn't a turn on for women.
    It was a great accomplishment, it is no where near the same as doing it under league or tournament conditions. I would be proud of it if someone asked me what my high was though it wouldn't be 300 it would be whatever my league high score is. Not trying to take anything away from him or the accomplishment but it's just not the same thing. I have had 700 series in practice before if anyone asks me high series it's 689 my league high series what you do in practice is just practice.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Page 58 of 226 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158 ... LastLast