Page 59 of 226 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109159 ... LastLast

Thread: Aslan's Scores (of the non-lady kind)

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    It was a great accomplishment, it is no where near the same as doing it under league or tournament conditions. I would be proud of it if someone asked me what my high was though it wouldn't be 300 it would be whatever my league high score is. Not trying to take anything away from him or the accomplishment but it's just not the same thing. I have had 700 series in practice before if anyone asks me high series it's 689 my league high series what you do in practice is just practice.
    My point is he bowled a 300 regardless of the conditions. In my book, he rolled a 300. If it was that easy to roll a 300 in practice, everyone would have one. Again, there is no doubt there are many other factors in league bowling that may make it more difficult to obtain. This doesn' change the fact that he rolled 12 strikes in a row in a single game. You think he should just toss it aside and say he didn't actually do that??

Whatever you view, the outcome was a 300 game.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by bubba809 View Post
    My point is he bowled a 300 regardless of the conditions. In my book, he rolled a 300. If it was that easy to roll a 300 in practice, everyone would have one. Again, there is no doubt there are many other factors in league bowling that may make it more difficult to obtain. This doesn' change the fact that he rolled 12 strikes in a row in a single game. You think he should just toss it aside and say he didn't actually do that??

Whatever you view, the outcome was a 300 game.
    I would never mention it as being my high game. That's just me I will say I have never done it and I was the first on here to congratulate him on it but it's just practice. It was 12 strikes in a row and that's a great accomplishment not trying to take away from it but at the end of the day it doesn't really count for anything. It's throwing a 300 in a nonsanctioned league at the end its nice but doesn't really count for anything and I would even say that's 10 steps above doing it in practice.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    It's throwing a 300 in a nonsanctioned league at the end its nice but doesn't really count for anything
    Exactly. I already acknowledged he does not receive the accolades like rolling it in a sanctioned league. It's pretty simple to understand. Bottom line is Aslan can always say he rolled a 300. That is a fact.

*For the record, I will say the biggest factor was only bowling on one lane instead of two. This is a dramatic difference.
    Last edited by bubba809; 03-10-2015 at 02:01 PM.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by bubba809 View Post
    Exactly. I already acknowledged he does not receive the accolades like rolling it in a sanctioned league. It's pretty simple to understand. Bottom line is Aslan can always say he rolled a 300. That is a fact.

*For the record, I will say the biggest factor was only bowling on one lane instead of two. This is a dramatic difference.
    I think the bigger factor would be bowling alone, less wear on the oil pattern.

The man shot 300 period. if someone asks what is your highest game the answer is 300. He will be no more nervous during league more than likely than he was during the practice game. That game could have been better bowled than 1/2 mine who knows? It is not like 300 league games are heavily downplayed by most of us. You don't hear guys say thanks but my 2nd, 4th, and 8th frames were horrible and i shouldn't have even shot 240. Throwing 12 strikes in a row is not easy to do anytime, anywhere, or under any circumstances. It requires a certain degree of skill and luck as well.

Chats: 204

Tuesday Practice: medium oil synthetics

Warm-Up Game: 169
    Wasn't trying too hard...just warming up and looking at a couple different lines.

509 Series: 159-185-165
    Game 1 was lots of spares; not many strikes. Game 2 I struck more but missed a single 6-pin in the 5th and opened on a 3-7 split in the 10th. Game 3 I lost the carry again and ran into a couple 4-6-7 splits.

483 Series: 145-157-181
    Game 4 I opened 4 times early and then recovered. Game 5 I only opened 3 times; all on splits…but no carry. Game 6 I found the pocket again but had a couple opens early that kept the score down.

Arguably Useful Statistics:
    First Ball Average: 8.31 pins
    Strikes: 27% (4 doubles and 13 singles)
    Spares: 62% picked up

Single Pin spares: 87% (14/16)
    Most common single-pin leave: 10-pin (6x).
    Never left a single 1-pin nor 3-pin.

Multiple Pin spares: 51% (19/37)
    Most common multi-pin spare leaves: 1-2-4-8 and 1-2 (5x each).

Splits: 0% (0/10)

Pocket Percentage: 44%
    Pocket Carry: 72%
    Double Percentage: 10%

Average over 7 games: 165.86.
    Average had I picked up 100% of single pin spare leaves: 168.57.

Kind've a bummer after throwing a 300-game. But it was necessary to bring me back down to Earth and re-adjust to the home center conditions.

Told the pro shop guy about the 300-game and he commented that the AMF house was changing their shot and he's heard a lot of people are bowling high scores there. So, thats a bummer that apparently my 300-game was probably bowled on a 'possibly' legal condition. Oh well. It'll be interesting to see if there's a big average difference between houses. If things stay the same…I bet my average there will be 190ish Thats about 30 points higher than my home center. Whats interesting about that is, I averaged high 140s in a sport shot league…only 10 pins lower than my house average. But I think the difference between two centers will be 3x the sport/non-sport difference.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 175; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.7mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Congrats on the 300 aslan, even if it was just practice. It still gives you quite the confidence boost as a bowler

Chats: 256

Good job on shooting a practice 300. Now go out and get one in league or competition.

Not to belittle the achievement(really I am not) because you can certainly say you have rolled one, but, single lane in open bowling is vastly different than on a pair of lanes with 7-9 other people bowling with you.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Chats: 39

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    Good job on shooting a practice 300. Now go out and get one in league or competition.

Not to belittle the achievement(really I am not) because you can certainly say you have rolled one, but, single lane in open bowling is vastly different than on a pair of lanes with 7-9 other people bowling with you.
    Not to mention the 30-50 people from surrounding lanes coming over to stand behind you and watch .
    Company League Average: 198.1
    City League Average: 186.5
    WTBA Sport pattern League Average: 172.9
    Current Arsenal: Roto Grip Nomad Pearl, Wrecker, and Hyper Cell; Track 920A and 505A; Storm Tropical Breeze; Plastic Spare Ball

Ringer
    Chats: 0

I agree with hampe, it makes a big difference if you do it at practice. You don't have all the different variance in condition or people watching and two lanes. But congrats on the 300 now go do it when it counts.

Page 59 of 226 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109159 ... LastLast