Page 90 of 226 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140190 ... LastLast

Thread: Aslan's Scores (of the non-lady kind)

Chats: 0

ouch, just figured mine no wonder I'm broke. $2100 in balls bags and bowling supplies, $2500 leagues and weekly bowling, not counting gas $4600. Glad I won a free ball one less to buy.
    Roto Grip Sinister, Storm 2Fast, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Joy Ride, Storm Phase, Storm Sky Rocket, Storm Mix, 14#equipment..Disabled bowler bowl from a wheel chair.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums and a ball contest winner!

Quote Originally Posted by Jessiewoodard57 View Post
    ouch, just figured mine no wonder I'm broke. $2100 in balls bags and bowling supplies, $2500 leagues and weekly bowling, not counting gas $4600. Glad I won a free ball one less to buy.
    That's a lot. But hey if you're enjoying it that's all that matters.

I tend to go cheap on bags and shoes. Just picked up some Dexter Turbo's on ebay for $20. 3 ball roller bag on Craigslist for $10, etc.

I don't think I'll ever pay for a used bowling ball seeing is I have to spend upwards of up to $70 to re-drill it. Might as well get new ball at that point

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by NewToBowling View Post
    One league a week ($15) and three practice games (2 are free so $2.35 for 1 paid game). Not bad. I don't bowl that much anymore. I used to go every other day but it was actually detrimental to my game.
    $15/night is pretty low. Is it a no-tap league or non-sanctioned? Those are the only two times I've seen < $20 nowadays.

Chats: 256

I am way under what most are posting here. 2 leagues that are $18 and $16 per week, both sanctioned. Include tournaments including expenses and I am still under $3000 per year.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    I am way under what most are posting here. 2 leagues that are $18 and $16 per week, both sanctioned. Include tournaments including expenses and I am still under $3000 per year.
    Are you counting the money you win?

If you're in 2 leagues, 2 seasons, lets say $17...thats just under $5000.

2 leagues * 24 weeks = 48 weeks * 2 seasons = 96 weeks * $17 = $817 *2 leagues = $1632

That leaves you $1368 for the year. If you never enter side pots (which you'd be a fool not to with your average/potential)...or brackets...and your leagues never sweep in Vegas or anywhere you have to travel...no mystery score...no new equipment...you never need to practice...and never take a lesson...okay...then you still have the USBC Open and Tulsa tournament. Entry + Gas + Lodging + expenses??? And you never eat or drink when you are bowling leagues??

I'm just saying...yes, my total is higher than most because I bowl 750-1000 games a year and take lessons at least once a month...buy/drill a new arsenal every year...sweep in Vegas at least twice a year...so my number will be higher than most. But I bet yours is higher than you think. All those little $3 side pots and $5 brackets and $5 raffle tickets/strike ball/50/50...those all add up over the course of a year.

Monday League: medium oil synthetics, THS (38ft?) with some out of bounds at 1-3.

539 Series: 156-171-212

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 8.85 pins
    Strikes: 42% (1 4-bagger, 2 doubles, and 6 singles)
    Spares: 52% picked up

Single Pin spares: 57% (4/7)
    Most common single-pin leaves: 6-pin (3x)
    Never left a single 1-pin, 5-pin, 7-pin, 9-pin, nor 10-pin.

Multiple Pin spares: 50% (5/10)
    Most common multi-pin leaves: 6-10 (3x).

Splits: 0% (0/1)

Average over 3 games: 179.67.
    Average had I picked up 100% of single pin spare leaves: 191.67.

Mudpuppy Cliff Notes: Aslan needed to take his %&*($$ head out of *** sooner than the 8th frame of Game 3 if he wanted to actually be competitive tonight.

Plain and simple. I spent two games falling off shots and bending my elbow before releasing the ball. Whoopee. We took 1 point of 4. Who cares? This team sucks. The two female bowlers probably barely broke 300...and couldn't have cared less.

Hey, at least I won $8 in the 2nd poker hand...and helped the team salvage a point. But I really, really needed more of a confidence boost with the CA State Singles Tournament coming up this weekend. I don't think I can compete with those guys...but I entered anyways...and after last week convinced myself I at least had a "shot"...but I couldn't hit the 6-pin to save my life. I left a single 6-pin 3 times and a 6-10 3 times. And in 6 tries...the 6-pin fell over once. It was like that damn thing had a forcefield around it.

My chances with the young thang are pretty much over. Kiss that dream goodbye...and probably for the best. A 26 year old girlfriend might be fun for a couple weeks...but I GOTTA think its aggravating after that.

I'm gonna take a bath...and get really high...and then go to bed. I'm gonna pretend this night never happened...and I did not throw a 156 game...and I did NOT miss 3 single-pin spares...I'm just gonna chalk this up to a combination of a bad 6 inch sub that I had for lunch today and the unseasonably hot weather...and we'll just leave it at that.

#bowlingisstupid #myfantasyfootballteamsucks #Ineedtopracticemycornerpins #Wednesdayleaguebetternotsuck #MarkBakerlesson#2onFriday
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Chats: 32

I feel you my friend I sucked all weekend last week culminated with a loss to my 11 year old daughter 150-168 on Sunday. Of all things I missed three 7 pins over two games. I really don't understand what causes these stretches.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    $15/night is pretty low. Is it a no-tap league or non-sanctioned? Those are the only two times I've seen < $20 nowadays.
    It's a sanctioned regular league. 14 teams with small prize pot

Chats: 256

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    Are you counting the money you win?

If you're in 2 leagues, 2 seasons, lets say $17...thats just under $5000.

2 leagues * 24 weeks = 48 weeks * 2 seasons = 96 weeks * $17 = $817 *2 leagues = $1632

That leaves you $1368 for the year. If you never enter side pots (which you'd be a fool not to with your average/potential)...or brackets...and your leagues never sweep in Vegas or anywhere you have to travel...no mystery score...no new equipment...you never need to practice...and never take a lesson...okay...then you still have the USBC Open and Tulsa tournament. Entry + Gas + Lodging + expenses??? And you never eat or drink when you are bowling leagues??

I'm just saying...yes, my total is higher than most because I bowl 750-1000 games a year and take lessons at least once a month...buy/drill a new arsenal every year...sweep in Vegas at least twice a year...so my number will be higher than most. But I bet yours is higher than you think. All those little $3 side pots and $5 brackets and $5 raffle tickets/strike ball/50/50...those all add up over the course of a year.
    $18 one league, $16 other = $34 per week for 35 weeks is $1190.00.

I don't get into brackets or high pots during leagues because they are always handicap. Not donating my money to someone getting 50 pins on me.

Practice maybe 2 times per month if I can, That's $10 each session for $20 per month = $240.00

Tournaments - Entry to Nationals $188, Tulsa $88, State $65, City $60 = $401.00

Travel to tournaments - Drove to El Paso this year gas = $125.00. Lodging for El Paso $250.00. Drove to Tulsa $75.00, no lodging stayed at brothers in OKC. State and City both local this year and next, Maybe $20 gas. Airfare to Reno in past years was free via points earned and lodging was cheap at $25 per night so less than $100 for the stay.

I don't count food and drink because I need to eat anyway and usually do so before league(usually at work before I leave, which I bring food from home). Don't drink beer or alcohol while bowling. Sometimes get a soda on Thursdays, that's $3.00 = maybe $100 for the year.

That leaves me approx $500 for various other "stuff". Brackets at Nationals, Tulsa, State or City tourneys. Anything I win goes to new equipment or into my pocket.

2 balls that I got this year = Roto-Grip Spare ball was paid via winnings from brackets first day of Nationals. Storm Ride was free and a fluke as the pro-shop operator messed up one ball and took awhile to drill up another, he ended up just giving it to me.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Chats: 0

I'd bet those of us spending too much have one thing in common ....not married
    Roto Grip Sinister, Storm 2Fast, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Joy Ride, Storm Phase, Storm Sky Rocket, Storm Mix, 14#equipment..Disabled bowler bowl from a wheel chair.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums and a ball contest winner!

Page 90 of 226 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140190 ... LastLast