Page 95 of 226 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145195 ... LastLast

Thread: Aslan's Scores (of the non-lady kind)

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    Dating in your late 30s and 40s is about finding "the right person". So there's rarely ever sex on the first date. And even when there is, you're at least 30% sure it was a mistake. Besides...my diet isn't working as well as planned so I'm gonna need to keep the clothes on as long as possible.

But I do appreciate the confidence.
    I was dicorced at 36, remarried at 41. I can say with the utmost confidence that if you're dating women 22-52 and not getting any on the first date then you're just not good enough of a liar or can't fake sincerity very well. There were some that I never actually dated and I'm no Cassanova. Maybe you just have more morals than you're willing to admit.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    Nice game and set. It amazes me the difference between your houses. Is it really that much or is part of it in your head? I bowl leagues in three different houses and there are differences but my differential is about 10 pins.
    Thanks all.

It's an insane difference house to house. I usually make some good shots during the course of the night...but I can also tell when I've made some bad shots and at most houses those bad shots leave at least 1 pin standing. At this house...they find their way to the pocket. And since it appears to be almost universal (other players), I'm fairly confident it's not just a mental thing.

On the other hand, confidence is confidence. On Wednesdays I am a scratch bowler and thats my mindset. On other nights/days I feel like I need to prove something...less confident...so I'm sure that factors in.

208 on Wednesdays. 176 on Mondays. Last season I predicted a 30-point spread and ended up 190 and 173...so not even 20 pins difference. But this season, yeah, it's that easy. And this'll be my last season in that league. I planned on moving both my leagues to the center closest to me anyways...I just wanted to bowl a league there before I made the final decision...but the conditions make the decision easy. I literally can't get in a handicap tournament right now...not with a 190 average. And it's going to take 3 years before that average is no longer a factor in some tournaments.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Chats: 256

Nice game and series Aslan!

Confidence is key! If you go into a league session you will perform badly, you most likely will.

Keep it up. You'll get that 700 series in no time.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Quote Originally Posted by billf View Post
    I was dicorced at 36, remarried at 41. I can say with the utmost confidence that if you're dating women 22-52 and not getting any on the first date then you're just not good enough of a liar or can't fake sincerity very well. There were some that I never actually dated and I'm no Cassanova. Maybe you just have more morals than you're willing to admit.
    Either you got the looks of Ryan Reynolds, the money of Bill Gates, or your standards are a bit lower than mine.

I mean, listen, I got tail from the gal on my Tuesday team last season...and technically we hadn't even went on an official "date". But that's like a "3" (on a scale of 10). If I just wanted that...well, then yeah. I mean, if a girl is unattractive enough, she'll sleep with you just for saying "hi". But once you get in the 7-9.5 range....you need a lot more GAME and a decent amount of $$, a job, a car, good looks, etc...

And the simple (yet sometimes brutal) truth is...

- if you're a woman reading that and thinking, "That's not true. My husband didn't have those things and I still married him."...you're probably not a "7".
    - if you're a guy reading that and thinking, "That's not true. I'm relatively poor and unattractive and I met my wife and slept with her on the first date and she seems perfectly happy."....she's probably not a "7".

It's not a universal truth...but it's generally true...and it logically makes sense. If you are a woman, and men tend to be visual by nature...obviously better looking women will attract "better" men. So the question is, how do we VALUE men in our society. Not how we MEN value men...but how do WOMEN value men? Wouldn't their lives be easier if their man was wealthy (vs poor)? Wouldn't they want a guy with a nice car and good looks to go along with his good personality? Men/women are like cars. The more money you have, the better the car you can afford. Maybe you like Aston Martins...but can only afford a Corvette. Still a nice ride. But if you got your mind set on that Aston Martin...you better start saving up. I'm not saying there aren't 100s of intangibles. Obviously a guy needs to have the basics like good hygiene and some degree of class and social awareness...and he can't be a total jerk.

And to make matters worse...I live in California...not Ohio. I actually did quite well last time I lived in Ohio. But California is a different animal. Women out here don't "settle". They see their friend dating a lawyer or financial manager...driving around in his 7 series BMW and they think, "well, I kinda like that Aslan guy...but he drives a Chrysler...and doesn't live near the beach." I'm not saying that doesn't go on elsewhere...it certainly does...but out here...you're bombarded with people making $200,000-$750,000 a year and many of the older dudes surf and live really active lifestyles...so their in even better shape than I am.

The last girl I dated is a perfect example. She seemed into me...but then she saw my ride and my pad....and it seemed like she wasn't that interested anymore. It sounds incredibly shallow...but that's California. And to be fair...it's really not much more shallow than me saying I don't want to date anything less than a "7" (or a "6" is she is younger and/or has a great personality, common interests, etc...). We're all shallow to some degree....I just tend to admit it.

And I agree...I'd have more luck if I lied. The simple truth about women (one that they HATE more than anything)...is they LIKE to be lied to. They would never admit that...because they don't think it's true. In reality...they DON'T want to be lied to....they just want the truth to be something it isn't. For example, I dated a woman a long time ago and she trapped me in a conversation that went like this:

Her: "So, would you still love me if I got really fat?"
    Me: "Why? Are you planning on getting very fat?" (a way to avoid telling the truth without lying)
    Her: "No. Just as an example. Like, what if I had a baby?"
    Me: "Well...eventually you'd have the baby and then the weight would go away. I mean, everybody gets fatter when they are pregnant."
    Her: "Well...what if I DIDN'T lose the weight?"
    Me: < sensing that I was trapped > "Why wouldn't you?"
    Her: "I don't know....maybe I wouldn't WANT to lose the weight. Maybe I'd just like to be enormous. Are you saying you wouldn't love me then?"
    Me: "I don't know." < now realizing there's simply no way I'm surviving this without lying >
    Her: "You 'don't know'? Well, that's just great.

I tried to distract her (like a baby with a set of car keys) by claiming that I'd still "love" her...but maybe just not be physically attracted to her...but that wasn't what she wanted to hear...she didn't want that to be the truth. She was actually mad at me about that! See, THATs an example of where a woman WANTS to be lied to...but she wants the lie to be true. She wants me to say, "I'd feel just as strongly about you at 400lbs as I would at 140lbs...because it's your inner beauty more so than....blah blah blah...nonsense." She doesn't want me to LIE...she wants the truth to be different.

But...I've rambled on enough about that. The bottom line is this chick I'm going out with tonight is probably a 7.5 easy...easy. Maybe even more towards 9 or 9.5. That's "dating outside my league" a bit so unless there's something horribly wrong with her personality...I have a feeling this is going to be one of those "one and done" dates where she'll cite "just wasn't feeling the chemistry" as her reason to not go out on a date #2. And it's almost in Beverly Hills...which is a HUGE drive from Anaheim during horrible evening traffic. The distance when coupled with this being a long shot is not necessarily leading me to be too enthusiastic.
    Last edited by Aslan; 10-22-2015 at 12:36 PM.

You seem to be forgetting you can make up for the lack of a bmw by showing her your bowling skills.

Quote Originally Posted by fortheloveofbowling View Post
    You seem to be forgetting you can make up for the lack of a bmw by showing her your bowling skills.
    Yeah. Not really. It'd be NICE. But...as we talked about in another thread...bowlers that are "good" and "into" bowling are actually "blacklisted" many times...it's looked at as "weird" that a person is THAT INTO bowling.

Yeah. Not really. It'd be NICE. But...as we talked about in another thread...bowlers that are "good" and "into" bowling are actually "blacklisted" many times...it's looked at as "weird" that a person is THAT INTO bowling.
    Ha I kind of feel that way. People tend to look at bowlers and say "oh, you're a bowler". Might as well be into D&D or DDR. It doesn't have the same cache as "I play in a semi professional basketball league"

Thursday Practice: medium-dry lanes, THS

No date. She cancelled. So, might as well make the best of it.

My goals for this practice:
    - Keep working on balance/form/release
    - Keep working on single-pin spares
    - Try to move around, try some different lines, work with the entire arsenal

448 Series: 164-136-148
    A little rusty. Started with the Lethal Revolver to get lined up. Game 2 I switched to the Dark Encounter but it was horrible so I switched to the Asylum. Game 3 I used the Asylum the entire game. Other than that, just bad carry and poor spare shooting.

555 Series: 180-181-194
    Switched to the Melee Jab but I just couldn't carry. SEVEN frames of 9 / or 9 -. Four 10-pins. Switched to the Loaded Revolver for the last two games and things went better. Both games could have been much higher if it weren't for some untimely splits.

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 8.78 pins
    Strikes: 36% (2 turkeys, 1 doubles, and 15 singles)
    Spares: 51% picked up

Single Pin spares: 60% (12/20)
    Most common single-pin leave: 10-pin (9x).
    Never left a single 1-pin nor 8-pin.

Multiple Pin spares: 42% (8/19)
    Most common multi-pin leaves: 6-10 and 1-2-4 (3x each).

Splits: 0% (0/7).

Average over 3 games: 167.17.
    Average had I picked up 100% of single pin spare leaves: 181.50.

RobM has convinced me...along with the last two practices...and I think I'm gonna start with the Melee Jab on Monday. Hopefully have time to try the Loaded Revolver as well. No weekend plans so who knows...might be back before Monday.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

The last girl I dated is a perfect example. She seemed into me...but then she saw my ride and my pad....and it seemed like she wasn't that interested anymore.
    ......or maybe she saw the 15 undrilled bowling bowling balls you keep in the living room with little hats and name tags on each. One labeled "Iceman". One "Mike". Or maybe she checked your browser to find 163 searches under "Bowling/stats/mental" #obsessed #Ineedtoimprove. Or maybe she saw your thick diary under the coffee table labeled, "Mudpuppy's Cliffnotes".
    Last edited by bubba809; 10-23-2015 at 08:27 AM.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

"RobM has convinced me...along with the last two practices...and I think I'm gonna start with the Melee Jab on Monday. Hopefully have time to try the Loaded Revolver as well. No weekend plans so who knows...might be back before Monday."

The only thing that Rob M is trying to convince you of is that you shouldn't be making any decision about what ball to start with on Monday, the previous Thursday!

Page 95 of 226 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145195 ... LastLast