Page 110 of 226 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 2253

Thread: Aslan's Scores (of the non-lady kind)

Chats: 0

Aslan

( X ) delivers
    ( ) banned

Mudpuppy cliff notes could be posted like this to enable everyone the ease of skipping ahead.
    Hammer Purple Urethane. Storm Surge Hybrid, Storm Pitch Purple, Roto Grip Hyper Cell.
    2 Storm Surge Pearl 4x4x2 and a no flare, ,Roto Grip Hot Cell, Roto Grip Haywire.
    2020/2021, Hi Average 219, Hi Game 289, Hi Series 771, 30 Clean 4, 700 Series 16.
    2021/2022, Hi Average 211, Hi Game 256 Hi Series 693, 30 Clean 0, 700 Series 0.
    Proud member of Bowlingboards.com Since 2013.

647 nice series, 57% strikes, awesome.
    Hammer Purple Urethane. Storm Surge Hybrid, Storm Pitch Purple, Roto Grip Hyper Cell.
    2 Storm Surge Pearl 4x4x2 and a no flare, ,Roto Grip Hot Cell, Roto Grip Haywire.
    2020/2021, Hi Average 219, Hi Game 289, Hi Series 771, 30 Clean 4, 700 Series 16.
    2021/2022, Hi Average 211, Hi Game 256 Hi Series 693, 30 Clean 0, 700 Series 0.
    Proud member of Bowlingboards.com Since 2013.

Still don't know what you even did to warrant such a backlash. Talk about some after bowling adventures? Political ramblings? So what. This is what constitutes threats to be banned??

You do realize there are very bad things going on in the world, riiiight?
    Last edited by bubba809; 12-18-2015 at 02:09 PM.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    Given a couple days for "votes" to roll in, who knows what would have happened.
    Probably. But remember, even ICEMAN voted that I be allowed to stay...and that was back when he and I were arguing about just shy of everything. I remember (nostalgia) the first time I interacted with Iceman I made some comment that he seemed like he was on drugs. He actually PMd me about how he was offended by that and doesn't use drugs and his physique is completely natural and I need to "tone it down".

I mean, even my ONE forum enemy...DHoff...even HE was going to vote "stay" but right at the last minute changed his vote because I posted something about how he also should have to be subject to a "vote" since it was his trolling that led to the infraction.

But I don't want to give any more time to this. I know Bowl1820 hates it when it gets brought up and I don't want to re-open any old wounds. I am thankful that I'm appreciated here. I think Bowl1820 (even though he isn't my biggest fan) does a great job at moderating the site. And the site has been nothing but gracious and supportive of my participation.

And I definitely don't want Rob to feel ganged up on over this. He calls it like he sees it..at least he's brave enough to speak his mind. Trust me...when that first "vote" happened...even though it was only open for a short time (I thought it was close to 2 days), there were people that voted me off...that I can almost guarantee never said anything openly.

But it's all old business....as Officer Barbrady would say, "nothing to see here".

And to get the train back on the track...scores of the NON-lady kind...

I'm tempted to ask my coach if she will watch me bowl on Monday night one time. I mean, something is obviously very wrong when I spent last season averaging 173 on Tuesdays and 189 on Wednesdays. Now I'm averaging 172 on Mondays and 201 on Wednesdays.

And I hate discounting Wednesday night as being meaningless...because as others have pointed out...it's not like EVERYONE is averaging 201. Obviously I have at least an above average skill level in that league. Now that the league is so much bigger than last season, I don't have much of a shot at sidepots (this week a guy threw a 300-game in Game 2 and my 250 in Game 3 was beat by at least one 279 game. I think Game 1 was only a 267. But with only 9 pins of handicap...my 250 wouldn't have won any of the sidepots.

There's gotta be some way to conquer the Monday center. It's oiled fresh each time...but it's a very old house that takes a lot of abuse because it's open 24 hours. So the lanes play more differently than most houses. But still...with 5 strike balls...and an above average skill set/knowledge base...I shouldn't be struggling in the low 170s. And I'm sure there's a mental/confidence factor added in because even the single-pin spare shooting there is 5-10% lower...and that shouldn't be affected by the lanes nor pattern.

Not sure what I'm doing next season. My original plan was to do two leagues at the harder center (Monday center). Try to get my average back into "reality". But with me possibly moving in 2016, and living a 1.5 minute walk to the center, maybe I should just put myself on the sub list for every night and if someone needs someone...I'm there. But, we'll see. I'm gonna face some opposition from both teams about leaving. The Wednesday team just added me and I'm their best "overall" bowler. The anchor can usually beat me game for game...but my series is usually higher just because his high-rev semi-thumbless style is so hit or miss. And the gals on the Monday team like me so they're going to want me to bowl for them. We'll see.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Monday League: long/wide THS, synthetics, plays like a longer sport (48-51ft) with some out of bounds at 1-4.

542 Series: 182-193-167

All three games were similar. When I made good shots, I made GOOD shots. When I missed slightly or wasn't perfect...I got punished. This house plays a lot like a USBC pattern. I'm gonna have to ask the center what they are putting down...because this center is stumping me as bad as my old Tuesday center. Started with the Dark Encounter for Game 1. Switched to the Asylum briefly in Game 2, then the Melee Jab...but neither of those were controllable. Game 3 I balled down the Loaded Revolver. It struck well on the left lane but the not the right

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 8.82 pins
    Strikes: 42% (2 turkeys and 8 singles)
    Spares: 61% picked up

Single Pin spares: 77% (7/9)
    Most common single-pin leaves: 6-pin (3x)
    Never left a single 1-pin, 4-pin, 8-pin, nor 9-pin.

Multiple Pin spares: 44% (4/9)
    Most common multi-pin leaves: 1-2-4-10 (2x).

Splits: 0% (0/1)

Average over 3 games: 180.67.
    Average had I picked up 100% of single pin spare leaves: 187.33.

An improved night in terms of strike rate. And that helps a lot. Keeps the confidence high, etc... But I felt like a thumbless bowler because when I "missed"; I was punished severely for it. Two 1-2-4-10s, a 5-7 split, and a 1-2-8-10. And I got lucky...a couple brooklyn strikes.

It's just frustrating because it shouldn't be this difficult. I should be able to miss a board right and not get punished by a 2-pin or 5-pin still standing.

Might be an arsenal issue. Watching other players...they seem to have rather strong pearls, lower speeds, and play more inside...for the most part. It may be that I just don't have a strong enough Pearl. The Dark Encounter with some polish on it does "okay". The Melee Jab is newer, stronger, and a Pearl and I often have good luck with that...but it's not what I'd call a "strong" Pearl like those in the Mastermind series. I'm tempted to drill up my Defiant Edge. It's a Pearl with a strong core. If it doesn't work, I could always take some surface off the Bullet Train and add some polish to it and maybe thats as good or better than the polished Dark Encounter option. But, the Defiant Edge is 16lbs...and I hate to switch weights mid-season....especially with things going so well on Wednesdays.

Close night. Two of our players didn't show up...I'm SO done with this team...and Game 2 we tied. Game 3 they won by a point. It's hard to blame myself since we were -20 pins all night due to absent bowlers, our 3rd bowler was bowling in the 80-100 range, and their anchor was solid. I almost felt bad for their anchor because he left a 6-7 split on ball #2 in the 10th...just needed to hit one of the two pins to get the point...he guttered it.

It's just tiring on Mondays. The team is a mess of mostly bowlers that just show up to drink. The other bowler was almost late which would have forfeited at least two points. And when she was there...the #3 bowler on the other team is the dad of her ex-boyfriend (our ex-#3 bowler)...so she was avoiding him all night by sitting in the bar....of course then we had to sit around and wait for her to come back...which was driving the opposing team nuts and I'm sure they said something to the league person. I think I'm just gonna sub next season...try to sub 3 nights a weeK if I can. If I DO join a league or two...it's not gonna be this team. This is just ridiculous. And I'm tired of the opponents looking at me either feeling bad for me that I have to deal with them or looking at me like I'm part of the problem. I show up every week, on time....granted, I live 1.5 minutes walk...but still.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Wednesday League: low-oil synthetics

Had a lesson at 3:00PM. Did some running around and then came back for leagues at 6:45. Did something to my elbow...probably during the lesson or maybe getting the balls in and out of the car.

548 Series: 181-196-171

Started out good in Game 1 by picking up a 4-9 split. Ran some strikes together...but couldn't make a spare to save my life the rest of the way.

Game 2 I chopped a 3-6-9-10 in the first frame and then was clean to finish...but couldn't run many strikes together. Struggled on the right lane in Game 1 only striking twice; then only struck once on that lane in Game 2.

Game 3 was more of the same, but I had a few opens and that cost me all three brackets.

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 8.94 pins
    Strikes: 43% (1 4-bagger, 2 doubles, and 6 singles)
    Spares: 50% picked up

Single Pin spares: 71% (5/7)
    Most common single-pin leave: 4-pin (3x)
    Also left the 6-pin (2x) and 10-pin (2x).

Multiple Pin spares: 33% (3/9)
    Most common multi-pin leaves: 1-2-8 (2x)

Splits: 33% (1/3).

Average over 3 games: 182.67.
    Average had I picked up 100% of single pin spare leaves: 189.33.

Ughhh. Used the Asylum all night and just couldn't get a good read of the lanes. The lesson went well...and I didn't incorporate any new stuff into my game...just didn't have it tonight. Won $13 in one of the poker games...thats something.

Monday League: long/wide THS, synthetics, plays like a longer sport (48-51ft) with some out of bounds at 1-4.

504 Series: 147-199-158

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 8.69 pins
    Strikes: 25% (1 4-bagger and 4 singles)
    Spares: 60% picked up

Single Pin spares: 70% (7/10)
    Most common single-pin leaves: 6-pin (3x)
    Never left a single 1-pin, 3-pin, 4-pin, 5-pin, nor 9-pin.

Multiple Pin spares: 53% (7/13)
    Most common multi-pin leaves: 4-6 split (3x).

Splits: 0% (0/5)

Average over 3 games: 168.00.
    Average had I picked up 100% of single pin spare leaves: 179.33.

Another Monday. Another disappointment.

Tried a lower speed. Started with the Dark Encounter but quickly went with the Asylum for the first 1.5 games...then the Melee Jab the rest of the way.

I've never really messed with my speed...but at my last lesson my coach helped me with the footwork. Not sure if it messed with my timing a bit or not so much. Struggled with spine tilt though. Can't complain too much about the spare shooting. Not happy that I missed both 7-pins, but I never really missed a multi-pin leave that wasn't a split other than the 1-5-7 which may have well been a split.

Wednesday League: Easier THS.

536 Series: 128-205-203

Just couldn't seem to do anything in Game 1. The Asylum was just not working. I just can't seem to find a good line to play where the Asylum is effective...not sure why. Switched to the Melee Jab in the 10th.

Game 2 I used the Melee Jab through the first several frames...but could never really find a decent line. Switched to the Loaded Revolver late and seemed to find a decent line. A chopped 2-4-8 in the first frame was the only open.

Game 3 I had an additional open frame but ran more strikes together.

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 9.00 pins
    Strikes: 45% (2 turkeys, 1 double, and 7 singles)
    Spares: 47% picked up

Single Pin spares: 77% (7/9)
    Most common single-pin leave: 10-pin (5x)
    Also left the 6-pin (1x) and 3-pin (3x).

Multiple Pin spares: 12% (1/8)
    Most common multi-pin leaves: 5-7 split (2x)

Splits: 0% (0/2).

Average over 3 games: 178.67.
    Average had I picked up 100% of single pin spare leaves: 185.00.

First game under 145 on the season. Good times. Might have dropped my average a couple pins. Probably just form and footwork and release inconsistencies. And my teammates noticed my speed was high...17-17.8 at the pins. I relaxed a little more after that and got back into the high 15s to high 16s (mph).

One obvious question: when you are bowling a 128 game, why on Earth would you wait until the 10th frame to switch balls? My guess is that you waited because you thought you were throwing bad shots. As I have tried to get across to you on several occasions, you can assess your ball reaction on bad shots as well as good shots, particularly on an easy THS. With a 128 result, my guess is that your initial ball reaction was just bad. If you wait for perfect shots to adjust, then you have to throw perfect shots to score, and on an easy THS, that goes against the intent of the oil pattern and ends up in 120 games.

Pin Crusher

PinPal Stats:

What is PinPal? Is that some kind of app?
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-300; high series-739

Page 110 of 226 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160210 ... LastLast