Page 141 of 226 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151191 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 2254

Thread: Aslan's Scores (of the non-lady kind)

Cranker
    Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    Yeah. That's what I'm thinking. Anybody have experience using a ball spinner and how to PROPERLY sand/polish bowling balls? And yes, I know SOME of you do. Because I'm not sure if I'm doing the polishing/sanding correctly.

For sanding...I'm just spinning it, applying pressure, then flipping the ball over and repeating. But I'm not sure how long I should sand each time...is there a standard way to flip the ball around?

For polishing...I've always applied a generous coat of resin polish....let it dry to a white film...then hand polished it with a cotton cloth. Now that I have the spinner, I polish it the same way...then put it on the spinner to remove the polish with the cloth.
    You can usually email your ball manufacturer and they'll tell you how to resurface your ball. Storm used to have a resurfacing guide on their website but with their website redesign, my link to is gone.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by JasonNJ View Post
    You can usually email your ball manufacturer and they'll tell you how to resurface your ball. Storm used to have a resurfacing guide on their website but with their website redesign, my link to is gone.
    Here's the one thats on the storm site at the moment

http://www.stormbowling.com/medias/R...Guide_2012.pdf

There was a newer one than that, but the recent ones are basically the same just styled different.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 32

I learned using bowls charts I have them printed out and pasted on the wall where the washtub is that I use the spinner in

Mike not be such a bad guy if he gave you a free ball spinner

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by NewToBowling View Post
    Mike not be such a bad guy if he gave you a free ball spinner
    No Ice...he's like most Mikes...he's a far cooler guy when you get to know him.

Tuesday Night League: Fairly new synthetics, tougher house pattern

529 Series: 160-162-207

As the scores hint to, Games 1 and 2 were almost identical. 2 splits and an open...in Game 1 it was 2-4-10 split in the 4th, a 1-2-4-10 washout in the 6th...then a 5-7 split in the 10th. The right lane was NOT my friend! In Game 2, it was a 4-7-10 in the 3rd, a 4-6 split in the 4th, and a chopped 6-10 in the 6th. Each game I think I scattered a few strikes about. Game 1 I tried the Dark Encounter...but it seemed to either go through nose (and leave me with a split) or miss right and leave me a washout.

Game 3 I switched to the Loaded Revolver....which is the only ball I have in my arsenal that I haven't screwed up on the ball spinner. Had a 3-10 baby split in the 3rd that I couldn't convert...but just as many strikes as Game 1 and 2 combined and I even ran a few of them together.

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 8.62 pins
    Strikes: 37% (1 turkey and 9 singles)
    Spares: 63% picked up

Single Pin spares: 100% (6/6)
    Most common single-pin leaves: 2-pin and 10-pin (2x).
    Also left a single 5-pin and 9-pin.

Multiple Pin spares: 46% (6/13)
    Most common multi-pin leaves: 1-2-4-10 (2x)

Splits: 0% (0/5)

Average over 3 games: 176.33.
    Average had I picked up 100% of single pin spare leaves: n/a

What's funny (in an aggravating way)...is that last week had I picked up all my single-pin spares....my average would have been 176.33. So, essentially, the only stat to pay any attention to is that this week I picked up 100% of my spares....last week only 60%. Every other stat is not only close to last week....but meaningless. Hey....13/13 on single-pin spares in the last 2 outings...maybe I can put together an epic run like Norm Duke...go 3 years never missing one. Probably not though.

Our team would have swept this team...but our anchor was home sick with food poisoning and our team is already down a bowler...so -20 pins per game...we won the first game by like 8-9 pins, they won the 3rd game by 21-24 pins, and we won the 3rd game by 8-9 pins...and I think we lost total points by just 5 pins. This team was very nice though...I like it when the other team makes a point to shake everyone's hand at the end of the match...too many teams have given up on that, IMO.

I'm still a fish out of water on this pattern...so I need to fine tune my equipment. I just can't seem to find a breakpoint...or maybe too much surface is leading to the weak hits...not sure??? Sweeps at South Pointe in Vegas in a couple weekends. I get there early...so I'll get some practice in...this is an important sweeps for me because:

A) I'm entering with about a 165-170 average. Last sweeps I entered with an average in the 160s...I finished 4th or 6th and it was the only sweeps where my winnings almost covered my trip. That was at the Orleans...where I had bowled about 35 games. This'll be at South Point...where I only have about 10 games in.

B) Currently I don't really have a "job" per se. At least not in the usual sense. I have taken on some hobbies as projects...but Mudpuppy Cliff Notes version....any free Vegas money that doesn't involve an STD, selling hair or blood, pawning something, or an Oceans Eleven style crime...would be welcomed at this point.

So yeah...if I can time things just right...where I've adjusted to a tougher pattern...yet my average hasn't recovered...I at least got a 'shot' at some serious dough. And if I get serious dough...I need to not blow it all at the craps table before I leave Vegas. But, one thing at a time.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post

Game 3 I switched to the Loaded Revolver....which is the only ball I have in my arsenal that I haven't screwed up on the ball spinner. Had a 3-10 baby split in the 3rd that I couldn't convert...but just as many strikes as Game 1 and 2 combined and I even ran a few of them together.

So what's the problem with the balls on the spinner? Maybe we can help.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    So what's the problem with the balls on the spinner? Maybe we can help.
    Just the same ole issue with surface manipulation. Seems like on a THS in the summer...there's really no point to anything but a polished ball.

538 Series: 164-173-201

Like last week, Games 1 and 2 I just couldn't find my line...and the spare shooting was sub-par.

I struck almost as much in Game 3 as the first 2 games combined. But a missed 4-pin in the 2nd frame and a 4-6 split in the 9th frame kept the score down.

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 8.82 pins
    Strikes: 39% (1 4-bagger, 2 doubles, and 5 singles)
    Spares: 52% picked up

Single Pin spares: 50% (4/8)
    Most common single-pin leaves: 5-pin (3x).
    Never left a single 1-pin, 3-pin, 7-pin, 8-pin, nor 9-pin.

Multiple Pin spares: 54% (6/11)
    Most common multi-pin leaves: 2-4-5 (2x)

Splits: 0% (0/3)

Average over 3 games: 179.33.
    Average had I picked up 100% of single pin spare leaves: 193.00.

Still struggling to find my line at that house. One more week, then sweeps. And next season the team has two new bowlers so I'll be the 6th man...probably'll never get my line figured out there.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Join the club! Polish in the summer. Surface in the winter. The entire southwest is a desert, after all!

Older Brunswick synthetics: low-moderate oil

576 Series: 196-212-168

Game 1 I couldn't seem to carry...a couple opens...decent spare shooting...finally started striking to salvage a decent game.

Game 2, only open was on a chopped 3-6-10 in the 4th.

Game 3 I lost my line...and missed my first single-pin in the 10th.

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 8.72 pins
    Strikes: 43% (2 4-baggers, 1 double, and 4 singles)
    Spares: 66% picked up

Single Pin spares: 80% (4/5)
    Most common single-pin leave: 10-pin (4x).
    Also left a single 4-pin.

Multiple Pin spares: 61% (8/13)
    Most common multi-pin leaves: 2-4-5-8 bucket (2x)

Splits: 50% (1/2)

Average over 3 games: 192.00.
    Average had I picked up 100% of single pin spare leaves: 196.00.

Then there's nights like these where I start to feel like I'm on the 'verge' of something.

535 Series: 146-212(clean)-177

Game 1 I was baby split, single 4-pin, and a chopped 1-2-8-10 away from an All-Spare game. The Dark Encounter and Lethal Revolver were just losing way too much energy on what was playing like a rather dry pattern.

Game 2 I was a couple frames away from a Dutch 200...but a couple doubles helped push the clean game over 200.

Game 3 the lanes started to transition and I probably needed to ball down to a weaker/longer ball...but the Loaded Revolver was as weak as I had. Had a turkey, but also had 3 straight opens...so that led to the 177.

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 8.35 pins
    Strikes: 29% (1 turkey, 2 doubles, and 3 singles)
    Spares: 68% picked up

Single Pin spares: 57% (4/7)
    Most common single-pin leaves: 4-pin and 10-pin (2x each).
    Also left a single 2-pin, 3-pin, and 8-pin.

Multiple Pin spares: 73% (11/15)
    Most common multi-pin leaves: 2-4-5 (3x)

Splits: 0% (0/1)

Average over 3 games: 178.33.
    Average had I picked up 100% of single pin spare leaves: 186.00.

Took all 3 games and total points...and since it was position week...we at WORST...finished the league 2nd to last in the standings (30 teams). Since it was position week, we got $13 each for our efforts. Going into sweeps with a 170 average...so if I can just figure out South Point...I got a real chance to score some $$$.

I've only bowled 7 games at South Pointe...average in the mid 170s with a 40% strike rate and very below average spare shooting. I'll need better spare shooting to have a decent shot.

Page 141 of 226 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151191 ... LastLast