Page 143 of 226 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153193 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 2254

Thread: Aslan's Scores (of the non-lady kind)

Chats: 204

Older Brunswick synthetics: low-moderate oil

587 Series: 190-202 (clean)-195

A weird chopped 1-3-6-8 in the 2nd frame of Game 1....clean the rest of the way until a missed single 4-pin in the 3rd frame of Game 3...but only 8 strikes (2 doubles) in that time period. Fortunately I put a 5-bagger together in Game 3 before opening in the 9th on a chopped 1-2-4-10.

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 8.79 pins
    Strikes: 42% (1 5-bagger, 2 doubles, and 5 singles)
    Spares: 68% picked up

Single Pin spares: 81% (9/11)
    Most common single-pin leave: 10-pin (5x).
    Never left a single 1-pin, 2-pin, 5-pin, nor 8-pin.

Multiple Pin spares: 50% (4/8)
    Most common multi-pin leaves: 1-2 (2x)

Splits: n/a

Average over 3 games: 195.67.
    Average had I picked up 100% of single pin spare leaves: 200.00.

This was a weird sub situation because I was subbing for a team that was missing their two 'bowlers'...so I was bowling with two bowlers that had about 100 averages....one of whom said she was battling pneumonia. And they were up against the 1st place team...that rarely lost in 12 weeks.

So, I figured my 'job' was to bowl my best...and just allow the other two players the chance to get a point here and there. I would have felt 'weird' ( I don't want to say 'bad') if I just came in there and stole 3-4 points from the 1st place team...just subbing. I've already had two instances where the opposing team wasn't too happy that I subbed against them...taking 3-4 points, with two 100-average bowlers, when the 1st place team had only lost 9.5 points in 12 weeks...seems a bit 'shady'...even for me.

First game I think I was using WAY too much ball with the Dark Encounter at 1500 with no polish. But, I was hitting right/light...still hard as a real beginner/novice bowler to see when a ball is losing energy versus when it's "not making the turn". I also tend to come "out of the gate firing hot"...which is why I have rough first games sometimes...too much energy, excitement, nerves...nothing hurting or aching yet...so that doesn't help either.

In game 2, I tried the Lethal Revolver (500 abralon/polished)...but I think RobM was right in this case...I think with the weather the southwest has been enduring...using anything less than a polished pearl...is gonna be tough. I threw 9 of 14 strikes once I finally moved to the Loaded Revolver (OOB/polished).

Very similar to the last time I subbed on Friday (589 series)...ONE game where I can run some strikes together...but this series was much more consistent and the spare shooting much improved....and I did my job...we took of 1 of 3 points...I had the highest scratch series of the 7 bowlers..but the other team was all-male (4-person teams) and in Game 3 they had about 848 scratch...about 1150 team handicap series...which I think beat both the high team handicap game AND high team handicap series thus far for the season. I guess they didn't like that the/our team took Game 2.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Wednesday Practice: older Brunswick synthetics; thinner pattern

621 Series: 169-256-196

First game wasn't so bad; only opens were a few splits.

Game 2 was obviously strong. The two asian girls next to me were pretty impressed. Only open was a missed 2-pin...barely.

Game 3 was 1 frame away from a clean game...a friggin misfire.

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 8.91 pins
    Strikes: 55% (1 6-bagger, 1 turkey, 3 doubles and 4 singles)
    Spares: 61% picked up

Single Pin spares: 66% (2/3)
    Left a single 2-pin, 5-pin, 5-pin, and 7-pin.

Multiple Pin spares: 60% (6/10)
    Most common multi-pin leave: 2-4-5 (2x)

Splits: 25% (1/4).

Average over 3 games: 207.00.
    Average had I picked up 100% of single pin spare leaves: 210.00.

Sometimes, when I walk over to sub and don't get picked up...I like to roll a series just to taunt them and show them what 'they' "could have had". 1 out of four times I look awesome, 1 out of 4 times I look horrible, and half the time it's mixed.

I didn't bother with the non-polished Dark Encounter. And after about 4 frames...I switched to the Loaded Revolver. Even then, I had to add some loft to my shot because the lane was just playing really narrow.

The old guy on the nearest team was watching me..and making a face that he wished his low average teammate hadn't shown so I could have subbed for them again.

Worked on a lot of physical stuff (approach, release, etc...) in my last 2 lessons and in that timeframe: I'm averaging 188.10 (over 41 games). It's a weird time where I feel like stuff is finally coming together...but it's nowhere near perfect.

I'm at about 570 games on this arsenal...planned on switching it out at 600...probably gonna have a new arsenal selected and drilled up near the end of the month. Not 100% sure which options I'm going with...but I'm leaning towards an interesting experiment where I drill up the:

- Radical Reaxx Pearl
    - RotoGrip Defiant Edge
    - Ebonite Innovate

All 3 have identical "specs" with the only exceptions being differential and PerfectScale scores. It's not completely narrowing down to just one variable (which would be ideal)...but this comparison takes cover stock material (all pearls), core symmetry (all asym.), and RG (all 2.49) out of the equation.

So, I'll be relying on one of 4 things to turn this "experiment" into an arsenal that will actually have any value beyond academics:
    (in order of least likely to do anything to most likely to do something)

4) Drilling Layouts
    I haven't had much luck with changing drill layouts and seeing much of a difference. I think drilling layouts are more for folks that have a really good shot and release and mechanics...and just need a slight bump one way or the other. But, without a really consistent release....I'm not sure how much drilling comes into play.

3) Differential
    If you believe in the power of SPECS...then this is your only hope. All specs identical...except differential. The Reaxx Pearl has a 0.054, the Defiant Edge has a 0.052, and the Innovate 0.041. That may seem like a small thing...but 0.054 to 0.041 is a huge range in terms of differential. If these balls all do EXACTLY the same thing...then differential really means virtually nothing. I'm not ready to say that yet.

2) Manufacturer Differences
    The more knowledgeable bowling ball folks seem to all agree that some manufacturers make balls that roll sooner (on average) than other manufacturers. These "folks" may disagree on that order a bit...but you'd be surprised how close their interpretations are. Radical is on top of the list (in terms of hooking soonest). Ebonite is either last (hooks latest)...or very close to last. Rotogrip...is somewhere in the middle. Thats a near perfect spread. If there is ANYTHING to bowling ball manufacturers having slight differences in terms of when a ball hooks...I should see a difference.

1) PerfectScale (bowlingball.com's tool)
    I KNOW...I'm like one of maybe 5 people that think there's value in this scale. I know it's not perfect...I know it's just numbers...it's a tool...not a system...I get all that. But thus far...I'd go out on a limb and say that PrefectScale has been a better predictor of ball strength or ball path....than anything...EXCEPT for maybe RG.

The jury is still out on RG. I think using RG can be a good spec-based way to put an arsenal together...I agree with Rob on that...I'm just not sure how one would apply and use RG when the other variables aren't constant...including manufacturer.

But using my calculations...this arsenal (#3) should be stronger (overall) than Arsenal #2....actually maybe much stronger than Arsenal #2. The Reax Pearl will likely be the strongest ball I've ever thrown...and the Defiant Edge...somewhere in the top 3-6. The Innovate is much weaker...but perhaps will give me a better look/option when the lanes are playing the way they have been.

I'm not 100% confident about the low RGs though. I've not had good luck with lower RG EBI balls. But, optimistically...the Melee Jab was lower RG and to date, that was the ball I've thrown the best.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Chats: 0

Bowling This Month's length rating is very accurate (it is a measured value on a controlled lane surface), Total hook is a relative judgement. They rank out like:
    Radical Reax Pearl - 13 & 52 (Length & Hook)
    RotoGrip Defiant Edge - 14 & 50
    Ebonite Innovate - 16 & 48
    that's probably around the just noticeable difference between early to middle and a bit more distinction between middle and late.

Chats: 32

All 3 have identical "specs" with the only exceptions being differential and PerfectScale scores. It's not completely narrowing down to just one variable (which would be ideal)...but this comparison takes cover stock material (all pearls), core symmetry (all asym.), and RG (all 2.49) out of the equation.
    The covers maybe the same type pearl in this case which in my opinion means absolutely nothing in modern bowling but all of them are different formulations from different manufacturers it's like saying I bought three of the same car just because they all are green.

Technically the Ebonite Innovate is not asymmetrical at all other than in the sense that all balls are asymmetrical. The asymmetrical listings for your cores are Defiant Edge .17, Reax Pearl .13, and the Innovate is .08 which is not truly an asymmetrical core as only balls with a mass bias greater than .10 are required to be marketed as asymmetrical. As you can also see all your balls have different amounts of asymmetry so it's hardly a constant.

You are correct that that rg's are a constant in this case but do not think that means all of these balls will have a similar length and break point as the surface on each of these balls are different also.

We've discussed this before and your still seeing similarities where they don't exists. If you start with a hypothesis and a means to test it but the conditions you expect to be fixed are variable it really tells you nothing and will cause you to make poor conclusions.

4) Drilling Layouts
    I haven't had much luck with changing drill layouts and seeing much of a difference. I think drilling layouts are more for folks that have a really good shot and release and mechanics...and just need a slight bump one way or the other. But, without a really consistent release....I'm not sure how much drilling comes into play.
    I agree with this somewhat you can enhance or take away a bit from a ball with a drilling but you can't make a tomato into a potato just from drilling it somewhat differently and those differences are best seen in those with a consistent release and the ability to throw repeatable shots. I do believe you can screw up a perfectly good ball by mismatching the drilling to what the bowler intends or how it matches with his style.

3) Differential
    If you believe in the power of SPECS...then this is your only hope. All specs identical...except differential. The Reaxx Pearl has a 0.054, the Defiant Edge has a 0.052, and the Innovate 0.041. That may seem like a small thing...but 0.054 to 0.041 is a huge range in terms of differential. If these balls all do EXACTLY the same thing...then differential really means virtually nothing. I'm not ready to say that yet.
    First this isn't your only hope as there are a myriad of differences between these balls besides the differential if they all roll the same or don't it won't be because of the differential. I'm personally not a believer in differential making a large difference in balls. Differential controls the flare of the bowling ball as long as the ball flares enough to expose fresh surface to the lane it really doesn't matter if those rings are .25 of inch apart or .75 of an inch fresh ball is fresh ball. I've had a few low dif balls and they hook just as much as my higher dif balls and honestly the only difference I've seen is I have it in my head that I carry somewhat better with the higher differential equipment but that could just be a matchup thing or just in my head.

2) Manufacturer Differences
    The more knowledgeable bowling ball folks seem to all agree that some manufacturers make balls that roll sooner (on average) than other manufacturers. These "folks" may disagree on that order a bit...but you'd be surprised how close their interpretations are. Radical is on top of the list (in terms of hooking soonest). Ebonite is either last (hooks latest)...or very close to last. Rotogrip...is somewhere in the middle. Thats a near perfect spread. If there is ANYTHING to bowling ball manufacturers having slight differences in terms of when a ball hooks...I should see a difference.
    There is some truth in this but probably not in the way your thinking. It's not that all Brunswick/Radical family balls hook earlier than Roto/Storm it's just that they react differently to oil. I completely agree with Rob's idea that somewhat Brunswick family of balls tend to start to hook earlier when they encounter less oil than Roto/Storm balls. That tends to make Brunswick balls appear to have somewhat less backend motion (there can still be a lot) to a comparable Roto/Storm ball. If the ball is designed to have longer length it will still be longer the roll hook phase is just a little different.

1) PerfectScale (bowlingball.com's tool)
    I KNOW...I'm like one of maybe 5 people that think there's value in this scale. I know it's not perfect...I know it's just numbers...it's a tool...not a system...I get all that. But thus far...I'd go out on a limb and say that PrefectScale has been a better predictor of ball strength or ball path....than anything...EXCEPT for maybe RG.

The jury is still out on RG. I think using RG can be a good spec-based way to put an arsenal together...I agree with Rob on that...I'm just not sure how one would apply and use RG when the other variables aren't constant...including manufacturer.

But using my calculations...this arsenal (#3) should be stronger (overall) than Arsenal #2....actually maybe much stronger than Arsenal #2. The Reax Pearl will likely be the strongest ball I've ever thrown...and the Defiant Edge...somewhere in the top 3-6. The Innovate is much weaker...but perhaps will give me a better look/option when the lanes are playing the way they have been.

I'm not 100% confident about the low RGs though. I've not had good luck with lower RG EBI balls. But, optimistically...the Melee Jab was lower RG and to date, that was the ball I've thrown the best.
    As far as perfect scale goes I'm not a fan. I much prefer Laneside reviews or BTM's stats but if you have no other idea than I guess it's better than nothing. Rg. has it place but it's not the end all of arsenal development either. You have to look at everything surface, rg, core characteristics, and manufacturer to try and determine how a ball will fit. I'm not sure really that this lineup is particularly stronger than your previous line up it maybe longer with more backend than your previous lineup.

The Reax pearl is not the strongest ball you've thrown in either overall hook or backend. The 900 Global Bullet Train was overall stronger than any of the balls here most likely and as far as backend goes the Defiant Edge will have more backend motion than the Reax.

The Reax has the most surface and probably the strongest or close to strongest cover with the Defiant Edge of your balls. It will be the strongest ball overall. The Defiant Edge will be the next strongest and have the most backend due to the lower surface and manufacture it will also cover the most backend boards. The Innovate I really don't have much of an idea on I'm not a fan of this era of Ebonite balls the best thing I can say of it is hopefully it will suffice when you need something less and I guess at the least it'll take games off your other arsenal for practice.

I would strongly suggest a length drilling for the Reax. There was a reason why Radical replaced the Original Reax with the Version 2 so quickly. The Reax had a tendency to hook earlier and roll out from what people expected from a pearl the surface on that ball is much more aggressive than what you think at 500/4000. That surface may take more care than your typical pearl too. Good luck
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Quote Originally Posted by JJKinGA View Post
    Bowling This Month's length rating is very accurate (it is a measured value on a controlled lane surface), Total hook is a relative judgement. They rank out like:
    Radical Reax Pearl - 13 & 52 (Length & Hook)
    RotoGrip Defiant Edge - 14 & 50
    Ebonite Innovate - 16 & 48
    that's probably around the just noticeable difference between early to middle and a bit more distinction between middle and late.
    Interesting...and exactly what I'd expect given the small differences in manufacturer chemistry/design and the differential.

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    We've discussed this before and your still seeing similarities where they don't exists. If you start with a hypothesis and a means to test it but the conditions you expect to be fixed are variable it really tells you nothing and will cause you to make poor conclusions.
    Give me an example.

First this isn't your only hope as there are a myriad of differences between these balls besides the differential if they all roll the same or don't it won't be because of the differential. I'm personally not a believer in differential making a large difference in balls.
    I find it curious that you feel there is a myriad of differences between the 3 balls...yet other than differential and manufacturer...there are either no differences or differences very minor. And I agree, I don't think differential is going to really separate these 3 balls on it's own...but I may be wrong.

I'm not sure really that this lineup is particularly stronger than your previous line up it maybe longer with more backend than your previous lineup.
    I think thats absolutely a possibility. Given similar RGs, I would expect similar length with slightly varying backend motions. And that's fine. I'm not getting my PBA card anytime soon....I don't need 8 bowling balls so I can mix and match depending on the animal pattern I'm bowling on. I just need an arsenal that won't run out of energy and hit like a nerf ball and make me shoot 7-pins and 10-pins all night.

The Reax pearl is not the strongest ball you've thrown in either overall hook or backend. The 900 Global Bullet Train was overall stronger than any of the balls here most likely and as far as backend goes the Defiant Edge will have more backend motion than the Reax.
    Again, possible. PerfectScale ranks the Reaxx Pearl 224.8 and the Bullet Train 222.8...so essentially the same. And I'm hopeful about the Defiant Edge...just a bit gun shy after the Asylum.

The Reax has the most surface and probably the strongest or close to strongest cover with the Defiant Edge of your balls. It will be the strongest ball overall. The Defiant Edge will be the next strongest and have the most backend due to the lower surface and manufacture it will also cover the most backend boards. The Innovate I really don't have much of an idea on I'm not a fan of this era of Ebonite balls the best thing I can say of it is hopefully it will suffice when you need something less and I guess at the least it'll take games off your other arsenal for practice.
    I'd agree with this assessment.

I would strongly suggest a length drilling for the Reax. There was a reason why Radical replaced the Original Reax with the Version 2 so quickly. The Reax had a tendency to hook earlier and roll out from what people expected from a pearl the surface on that ball is much more aggressive than what you think at 500/4000. That surface may take more care than your typical pearl too. Good luck
    IF this is what I go with and the coach doesn't disuade me...it should be interesting.

On the local THSs...I've had a good deal of success with both the Melee Jab and Loaded Revolver. That leads me to believe that with my current release and houses I bowl at...and my current speed...a ball from a "sooner hooking" brand, with an RG of 2.48-2.50, and a polished/pearl cover/surface...with a symmetric core...thats probably what I should look for. BUT...there are some things that make me nervous:

A) I'm using two balls that don't have a great track record. The Reaxx line was overall a 'bust' and the Innovate, like you elluded to, is from an era of Ebonite that doesn't have a great track record of success. If there's truth to the theory that certain bowling balls are just so BAD...that nobody can really bowl well with them...then I may be in trouble.

B) Three assymmetric cores means I must have a consistent release. I tried assymetric cores in the Encounters in Arsenal #1...and the Dark Encounter in Arsenal #2. I struggled throwing these balls compared to more symmetric cores...it just seemed like there was less "forgiveness" if you made a release error.

C) I'm a bit cautious on the Innovate. It should be (PerfectScale) the weakest ball I've thrown since the Slingshot and Frantic. However...the specs on the Innovate are completely different than the Frantic and Slingshot. It's a weird habit, and why I think EBI balls of that era aren't as good as they should be...where they try to make a ball with a low RG, then put a really weak core and weak cover on it...and it ends up being a ball that doesn't go long enough...or goes too long. And as my release is improving...I find that I need more and more balls on the LOWER end of the movement spectrum...not higher end. If I had a Hyper Cell or Nirvanna...I can't imagine ever seeing conditions where I could realistically use them. I've been looking at the Hamer Rebel, 900Global Cardinal Boost, and the Brunswick Vintage Danger Zone.

D) 16lbs is back! I have to be more diligent about wearing by forearm brace...the extra pound could aggravate my tennis elbow. I have to be patient as I transition....my rev rate WILL go down a tad...thats okay. Hopefully, once I get adjusted, the 16lb arsenal will help take care of some of the 8-pin and 8-10 leaves

Give me an example.
    you listed that all three balls had identical specs but the specs aren't really identical at all.

1. All three balls have different amounts of asymmetry as I listed earlier and the Innovate isn't even truly asymmetric at .08 it should be considered symmetrical.
    2. All three balls have a different surface. 500/4000 (not even polished as you said all three were in your last post) for the Reax, 1500 polished for the Defiant Edge, and 2000+ polish on the Innovate.
    3. All three balls have different cover stocks. They may be pearl in nature but they are not anywhere close in strength or performance nor were they intended to be.

There is a lot more to looking at how a ball performs than looking at an Rg. listing and seeing what type of cover it has.

Current arsenal

I'm using two balls that don't have a great track record. The Reaxx line was overall a 'bust' and the Innovate, like you elluded to, is from an era of Ebonite that doesn't have a great track record of success. If there's truth to the theory that certain bowling balls are just so BAD...that nobody can really bowl well with them...then I may be in trouble.
    I wouldn't worry too much on the Reax the core is good and I think the main issue with the ball is it looks shiny it says it's a pearl but there is more surface than it looks like there with that 500/4000 surface. The main change with the Version 2 was that it added a polished cover to give more separation between it and the original Reax. with a length drilling an your style I think it may make you a very good piece. The Innovate I can't help you with. I've never seen one roll and yeah I don't like the ebonite of that vintage much but for the third ball in your bag it should be fine.

I've been looking at the Hamer Rebel, 900Global Cardinal Boost, and the Brunswick Vintage Danger Zone.
    You realize the boost is way less ball than the other two on your list don't you? I really like what I've seen from the Rebel I'm still thinking seriously of buying one for my daughter who trends towards Hammer equipment. The Brunswick VDZ doesn't get nearly enough run in my opinion as a great ball but it is. I tend to tire of balls and change over to another being may favorite. I've had mine almost a year now and it's still my favorite ball to throw. Just for me the perfect amount of midlane read with a really nice backend. The Cardinal Boost is a light oil ball and work ok if the lanes are fried nothing bad but nothing special about it.

Current arsenal

@Amyers:
    The problem with the critique of the scientific-based arsenal selection by saying there are too many variables and you'd need to get it to "just one variable" is practically speaking impossible. So, then what do we do? Bowling is an aggravating sport because when you try to seek a "right answer", nearly every bowler looks at your effort and says, "fooey! You just need to (insert something from their 30 years of bowling background)."

So, concerning this dilemma...how does one put together a 3-ball, 4-ball, or 5-ball arsenal of varying ball manufacturers, various time periods of manufacture (technology), assymetry, varying RGs and differentials, varying coverstock materials, and various surfaces?? Here's where that ole timer bowler pops his head in and says, "Fooey!! I always throw a dark colored ball on Thursdays....and a red ball on Saturdays...and I only throw AMF equipment."

No, the science is NOT perfect. Yes, true scientific analysis would require isolating one variable at a time. But, thats PRACTICALLY SPEAKING...impossible. THEORETICALLY...possible. But, lets say I wanted to analyze ONLY differential of these three balls. I'd have to ask Storm and EBI to change the cores in their 4-year old, retired balls...AND they'd have to all agree to use a common cover....identical surfaceing....and the resin formulations would need to be identical. Given Ebonite never returned my call when I tried to get assistance with a roller bag that broke within 2-3 weeks of purchase...and I have yet to hear back from Brunswick concerning their part in the Motiv scandal and/or comments on the matter...I doubt Rotogrip, Radical, and Ebonite would jump at the opportunity to spend thousands of dollars to help me nail down subtle differences in differentials.

Friday Practice: older Brunswick synthetics; thinner pattern

539 Series: 172-180-187

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 8.70 pins
    Strikes: 36% (2 doubles and 8 singles)
    Spares: 76% picked up

Single Pin spares: 80% (8/10)
    Most common single-pin leave: 10-pin (3x)
    Never left a single 1-pin, 2-pin, 5-pin, nor 8-pin.

Multiple Pin spares: 72% (8/11)
    Most common multi-pin leave: 1-2-8 (2x)

Splits: 50% (1/2).

Average over 3 games: 179.67.
    Average had I picked up 100% of single pin spare leaves: 187.67.

Had a lesson on Thursday and left the new arsenal there to be drilled...but there was some delay...so I have to improvise in the meantime. Since my best 15lb ball is in the shop (used to show hand dimensions, get an IT sized, etc...), I would either have to use the Lethal Revolver and hope that I could still have carry in Games 2 and 3 (very unlikely)....or I could start my transition back to 16lbs...and use a retired ball from my "bowling ball rack of destiny"...which I chose to do. The specs on the C300 Encounters are very close to the Brunswick Loaded Revolver so I decided to use those. No spare ball...my 16lb spare ball is getting re-drilled and getting a slug inserted.

Since I hadn't thrown the old Encounters in some time, hadn't thrown 16lb equipment in awhile, and needed to get used to the very different thumb pitch...I decided to practice during the day to make sure the Encounter option was viable. And the spare shooting was above average...so I figured it wasn't a necessity to have a spare ball for league last night. I have a Hammer Blue Urethane in my trunk that is 16lbs that I guess I could have used...but I forgot about that until just now.

Friday League Night (subbing)
    Older Brunswick synthetics: low-moderate oil

526 Series: 199-176-151

Game 1 I couldn't seem to strike until the 9th frame...but only one open in the 3rd frame when I chopped a left side bucket.

Starting in the 4th frame of Game 2, I was striking fine on the left side...but didn't strike on the left side until the 9th frame. Two opens in the 2nd and 3rd frames didn't help. The same woes continued in Game 3...struck on the left lane every frame except the 9th. No strikes on the right lane. Four opens in Game 3...two related to my new spare ball situation. Harder to clip those corner pins when the lanes have transitioned so much.

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 8.73 pins
    Strikes: 42% (1 4-bagger, 1 double, and 8 singles)
    Spares: 63% picked up

Single Pin spares: 75% (6/8)
    Most common single-pin leaves: 2-pin, 6-pin, and 10-pin (2x each).
    Also left a single 4-pin and 9-pin.

Multiple Pin spares: 54% (6/11)
    Most common multi-pin leaves: n/a (1x each)

Splits: 0% (0/1)

Average over 3 games: 175.33.
    Average had I picked up 100% of single pin spare leaves: 183.33.

Helped the team I bowled with get the first point...and didn't hurt em bad enough not to get the 3rd point...so I figure I did my job.

Had to get new finger inserts in both balls....my fingers are fatter than early 2015 apparently. Missed the 10-pin twice trying to pick it up with a strike ball. I might bring the Hammer Blue urethane with me Tuesday when I sub and use it as my spare ball. But, that ball isn't even drilled for my hand...so...that could lead to more problems than it solves.

The Encounters worked well today. Not ideal...and I still don't like them...but I did notice that they are moving a LOT better now (with my improved skills) than they did in 2014-2015. Gonna have to get used to 16lbs though. Not sure if it was just the added weight or me doing a practice and league night on the same day...after 5 games of lesson on Thursday...but I'm sore more so than usual.

Page 143 of 226 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153193 ... LastLast