Page 46 of 226 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146 ... LastLast

Thread: Aslan's Scores (of the non-lady kind)

Banned
    Chats: 68

Aslan, I found a candidate for your girlfriend.

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    Have you been using the wrist brace in practice?
    Yup. My teammates want me to wear it during league play. But, I can't. I look at it as a training tool only and it's not even USBC approved.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike White View Post
    That was horrifying.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

horrifying,,, a little strong there bud!! Mike an X girlfriend maybe???? LOL LOL If she is an X girlfriend, your ruined her!!!

Aslan,,,, she loves to bowl,,,, picture the two of you,,, collecting undrilled bowling balls, and a HUGE closet full of them?? hummmm

Maybe,,, just maybe: "A Wounder Life"

she does have a nice voice!!
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike White View Post

That was awesome!!! I honestly could picture the two of you guys together. Her with the signs of "Pin up Pin Down," and "Rev Rates" and you with your PinPal stats, it really is a match made in Heaven!!

Mike and Mike and Bubba finding ugly, obese women with videos online ASIDE...I figure I'll actually post a score update...

Tuesday League Night: low-medium oil synthetics

490 Series: 172-127-191

In Game 1 I was still trying to figure out what ball I wanted to ues and what line...one of the drawbacks to my new system...not enough time in practice to figure things out quickly. Was clean through 5 but then missed a SINGLE 7-PIN and then dropped the ball and missed way right...then finished clean; but only 2 strikes the whole game.

In Game 2 I was an absolute disaster. It took me 3 more frames to figure out the ball/arsenal situation and once I did...it didn't help much. If I wasn't missinge a 4-pin or 6-pin, I was leaving difficult multi-pin spares like the 1-3-5-6 or 2-8 sleeper. Only 1 strike.

Game 3 I finally settled in. I missed a 7-PIN again in the 3rd frame but was otherwise clean. Only 3 strikes though.

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 8.31 pins
    Strikes: 18% (1 double and 4 singles)
    Spares: 64% picked up

Single Pin spares: 73% (11/15)
    Never left a single 1-pin, 2-pin, 3-pin, 8-pin, nor 9-pin.

Multiple Pin spares: 50% (5/10)
    Most common multi-pin leave: 1-2 (2x).

Splits: 0% (0/1)

Average over 3 games: 163.33.
    Average had I picked up 100% of single pin spare leaves: 175.00.

A disappointing night, but more disappointing because of my expectations than the actual performance. I actually improved over last week and helped our team salvage a point. It just felt like a huge disappointment because:

- a 127 is just unacceptable
    - I have a goal to try and get the strike rate up to 35% or higher by the end of the season and then tonight; < 20%.
    - I have really focused a LOT on improving my single-pin spare shooting and getting to 80% or higher by the end of the season...and I just really struggled again. The stats look better than the actual situation because 3 of the made single-pin spares were 5-pins. I DID go 2 for 2 with 10-pins...but the 7-pin is giving me fits lately. I changed my allignment for it...didn't work...I may have to slightly change my target as well.
    - 2 straight weeks we lost 3 of 4 points. We're still at the top of the standings...but if our anchor doesn't snap out of his 2-week funk...thats gonna push me out of my comfy #3 position and add pressure for me to put the team on my shoulders...which I don't think I'm ready for.

As to the help in finding me a woman...I'll try to help you guys out a little just so you can find a cab that at least takes you to the same NEIGHBORHOOD of the general area...

THIS....would be ideal in terms of physical appearance:

In terms of a bowler...aim more towards this:

Now, obviously those are HIGH targets. But see, you aim HIGH...and then if you miss, you're still in a good situation. You guys are aiming more at like a Rosanne Barr/Cathy Bates level...which is FINE for you guys...I don't judge...much...but Aslan is YOUNG, EDUCATED, FUNNY, man with a job. Lets now give away the BMW just because it has a few scratches.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    Now, obviously those are HIGH targets. But see, you aim HIGH...and then if you miss, you're still in a good situation. You guys are aiming more at like a Rosanne Barr/Cathy Bates level...which is FINE for you guys...I don't judge...much...but Aslan is YOUNG, EDUCATED, FUNNY, man with a job. Lets now give away the BMW just because it has a few scratches.
    Yeah, shoot for the moon, and when you miss... you're lost in space.

Sunday Sport League: PBA Dick Weber 39' Pattern

643 Series: 150-212-146-135

Game 1 I was all over the place. I went 4 for 6 on single-pin spare opportunities. Didn't pick up one multi-pin spare and only struck twice. Game 2 started out similar, but I put a turkey together in 4,5,6, then an open frame, then struck out. The Game 3 was back to reality with washouts. And Game 4 I just couldn't strike to save my *$$. The 135 doesn't really do it justice since I went 4 for 5 on single-pin spares.

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 8.56 pins
    Strikes: 32% (1 5-bagger, 2 turkeys, 1 double and 1 single)
    Spares: 34% picked up

Single Pin spares: 64% (9/14)
    Most common single-pin leaves: 6-pin and 7-pin (3x each).
    Never left a single 8-pin nor 9-pin.

Multiple Pin spares: 6% (1/15)
    Most common multi-pin leaves: 1-2-4-8 (2x).

Splits: 0% (0/3)

Average over 4 games: 160.75.
    Average had I picked up 100% of single pin spare leaves: 169.75.

Not sure if I'm improving or if I just have an easier time with this pattern. Second week in a row where I set a new season high in both single game and series. And my 212 game helped our team take a point. Obviously the multi-pin spare pick-up rate was horrible…but I can't beat myself up too much about it when only about 1/3 of those were truly "make-able" spares.

Definitely kept my target "out" further than usual. I wouldn't say I was up to my old "lofting" ways…but I was certainly getting the ball further down the lane than I have been recently.

Had a chance to throw a few practice games on the pattern afterwards (w/MWhite) so I took advantage.

681 Series: 155-160-164-202
    Game 1 was more of the same. 3 for 3 on single-pin spares…only a few opens…just couldn't strike. Game 2 it was a 5-man challenge (.25 per man)…won by the highest average (190+) guy. I only had 2 open frames…but again only 1 strike. Game 3 it was just me, Mike, and the high average guy again playing for $0.25 each. Mike gave him a run for his money…but ultimately he won again. I only had a few open frames and 2 of the 3 were splits. In Game 4 it was just me versus Mike…no money on the line. Once again, had a few opens, but this time I ran 5 strikes together in frames 5 through 9 to barely beat MWhite.

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 8.33 pins
    Strikes: 30% (1 5-bagger, 1 double, and 6 singles)
    Spares: 60% picked up

Single Pin spares: 85% (6/7)
    Most common single-pin leaves: 5-pin, 6-pin, and 10-pin (2x each).
    Other single-pin leave was a 3-pin.

Multiple Pin spares: 52% (11/21)
    Most common multi-pin leave: 6-10 (5x).

Splits: 0% (0/3)

Average over 4 games: 170.25.
    Average had I picked up 100% of single pin spare leaves: 173.25.

Midway through the 2nd game I put my wrist brace on. I figured it was practice so I should put it on. Still trying to "train" my wrist to stay more cupped and under the ball.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Chats: 32

Aslan looks to me like the scores were higher with the wrist brace the d*** things are legal if it helps you use it. Congrats on the high scores there anything 200+ on a sport patterns is some darn good bowling.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    Aslan looks to me like the scores were higher with the wrist brace the d*** things are legal if it helps you use it. Congrats on the high scores there anything 200+ on a sport patterns is some darn good bowling.
    My wrist brace is NOT USBC approved. That is why it is merely a "training aid"...and stays quiet in the bag during league play.

Chats: 32

I wasn't aware that there was an approval process for wrist braces for USBC Sanctioned League play? This isn't the PBA where they think they need to make a mint off of every product anyone tries to use. Don't give those morons any ideas or well be required to buy shirts from them for $45 bucks that have ads for KMART on the back.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Page 46 of 226 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146 ... LastLast