Page 47 of 226 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147 ... LastLast

Thread: Aslan's Scores (of the non-lady kind)

Chats: 204

Monday Practice: AMF Carter Lanes: low oil synthetics

I got to my center a tad late so of course the whole place was full and there was a 45min- 1hr wait for lanes. So I took my chances and went to the most garbagy lanes on the planet hoping that this time the ball return would at least "sort of" work and they have applied oil at least once since the weekend.

520 Series: 165-172-183
    Took some time to get used to the lanes. They were very dry...but still bowlable. Definitely not the flooded lanes I experienced in the Cheap-O league back in 2013. Game 1 my spare shooting was a disaster but I struck enough to make up the difference. Game 2 I only had 3 open frames (1 split). Game 3 I switched to the Rhythm and after missing a 6-10 was clean the rest of the way.

513 Series: 169-180-164
    Game 4 I was a chopped 5-9 and 2 splits away from clean. Switched to the Encounter (A) for Game 5 and was a 1-10 washout and a chopped 2-4-5-7 away from clean. Game 6 I balled down to the Encounter (N) and was a chopped 3-6 and 2 splits away from clean.

182-196
    Game 7 I switched to the Slingshot. Mad a bad shot in the 4th and had a couple washouts but was otherwise clean and struck a fair amount. Game 8 was my best game. The only frame I didn't knock over either 9 or 10 pins with the first ball was in the 7th when I left a 5-7 split.

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 8.63 pins
    Strikes: 43% (4 turkeys, 5 doubles, and 17 singles)
    Spares: 55% picked up

Single Pin spares: 88% (15/17)
    Most common single-pin leaves: 10-pin (4x).
    Never left a single 1-pin, 3-pin, nor 8-pin.

Multiple Pin spares: 36% (11/30)
    Most common multi-pin spare leaves: 6-10 (4x).

Splits: 0% (0/8)

Average over 8 games: 176.38.
    Average had I picked up 100% of single pin spare leaves: 178.75.

Another strong practice. Strike rate was strong again and single-pin spare shooting was much improved over last week. And while I didn't have any clean games nor 200+ games...I also eliminated the sub-160 games. The multi-pin spare shooting number was lower than I would like, but I once again had more splits than what I'm used to and that impacted it. It's the tradeoff of striking...more likely to split.

I continued to work on having an easy swing, a quiet shoulder, and an effortless release. But right about Game 7 I also started to really focus on staying behind the ball through the entire swing. I've been getting better at staying "more" behind the ball...but am still following through off to the side (like a impoverished man's PDW). So I worked on getting that follow-through more in line with my head/ear...and staying balanced.

The key will be tonight during league, minus the wrist brace, to see if I can repeat that swing and follow-through and not break that wrist. If I can't maintain a good bent, wrist angle...then the shots is going to be much flatter. Might still be manageable with a stronger ball...but we'll see.

The practice was also more difficult because I was out of "my element". I was coaching my daughter at the same time. There was a young, drunk couple next to us that was constantly talking to me and acting all drunken. The ball return was completely trashed and made a ton of noise. And it's an old AMF circular style and didn't send the ball to the proper side...so I had to keep bending over it to pick up my ball. And the scoring counsel was in an odd place (compared to what I was used to) so I kept bumping into it between shots.

League night Tuesday. Then no bowling until practice Monday next week. I might go through "withdrawls".
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Chats: 32

I've been wandering what I'm going to do also. No league Friday due to holiday and then no league Sunday due to traveling league coming in to our lanes am I really going to survive with no competitive bowling until Dec. 7th?
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

I'm still waiting for the thread that is titled - Aslan's Scores of the lady kind

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by Mudpuppy View Post
    I'm still waiting for the thread that is titled - Aslan's Scores of the lady kind
    I think are enough horror movies out already we do not need any more info on that front.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Banned
    Chats: 68

I've seen his daughter, so it has happened in the past.

I haven't seen the mother, but based on the daughter, she's probably not bad looking.

She sure didn't get her looks from Aslan.

So I'm left to conclude there must have been a serious amount of alcohol involved.

And based on his current situation, it sounds like there was a flag on the play.

We can hope. Although, I have to think classygranny would probably complain about that thread and Bowl1820 would not approve.

This is a family website...and my X-rated excapades...all be it rare recently...and all be it, I think somewhat entertaining...are not for the eyes of children.

Right now...I'm in a bit of "limbo" on the "lady front". "Technically" still married...which puts a damper on dating. Living with said future X-Wife (puts a REAL damper on dating!). And until she finds a suitable employment opportunity...I am forced with a decision of having a rommate and living in an akward situation and not really having any dating prospects in the meantime...or pushing through with a divorce preceeding that at this time would likely result in neither of us being able to afford to live in California.

But, with Mudpuppy being an experienced married man I'm sure he understands...after 15 years of marriage...living with someone akwardly and not having sex (nor really wanting to given the options) is pretty much what marriage is about. The only difference between NOW and 2011 is in 2011 I got to have sub-par "relations" every couple weeks or so. Now I get to have "more exciting" relations once every 6 months or so but only if I'm willing to spend the $200.

But...I'm just a good lotto ticket away from bursting from this situational cacoon...and emerging as a hot, player butterfly...entertaining the ladies of LA and Orange county with my wit and humor and bowling prowess. Just gotta hit that jackpot...and troubles will be in the rear view mirror!
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

But...I'm just a good lotto ticket away from bursting from this situational cacoon...and emerging as a hot, player butterfly...entertaining the ladies of LA and Orange county with my wit and humor and bowling prowess. Just gotta hit that jackpot...and troubles will be in the rear view mirror!

Good luck with winning the lotto! YOUR odds are approximately 1,000000000000000000000000000 to 1! You are much more likely to get hit with a frozen turd, being flushed from an airplane toilet, by some hot movie star chick then winning! So beware,,, when walking around airports! Not trying to bust your bubble, but, HELLO,,, Aslan,,, reality CHECK!!!
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Reality is over-rated.

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by MICHAEL View Post

Good luck with winning the lotto! YOUR odds are approximately 1,000000000000000000000000000 to 1! You are much more likely to get hit with a frozen turd, being flushed from an airplane toilet, by some hot movie star chick then winning! So beware,,, when walking around airports! Not trying to bust your bubble, but, HELLO,,, Aslan,,, reality CHECK!!!
    I thought for legal reasons, airplanes only dumped toilet tanks over the mid-west.

Something about any Lawyer worth a damn was either on the east, or west coasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike White View Post
    I thought for legal reasons, airplanes only dumped toilet tanks over the mid-west.

Something about any Lawyer worth a damn was either on the east, or west coasts.
    That would explain Missouri.

Page 47 of 226 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147 ... LastLast