Page 91 of 226 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141191 ... LastLast

Thread: Aslan's Scores (of the non-lady kind)

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    I feel you my friend I sucked all weekend last week culminated with a loss to my 11 year old daughter 150-168 on Sunday. Of all things I missed three 7 pins over two games. I really don't understand what causes these stretches.
    I shoulda practiced Thursday but was short on cash this weekend due to unexpected car repairs last week. And I probably shoulda practiced a bit over the weekend as well...but same thing...money issues and chores around the house...never made it to the center. And it's very simple when you look at the stats what the problem is, at least statistically, and that's that I couldn't make my spares. 48% strike rate isn't great...but I should have been in the 190s minimum each game...but I couldn't pick up the spares.

Game 1 I struck in the 3rd, 5th, and 7th. So on the one lane...I seemed to have a manageable line.

But on the other lane I was way right. 1-5, 2-pin, 2-4-5, 6-10, 6-10. And normally, I pick up those spares (except the 1-5...that one I struggle with). But this time I put too much hand in the 2-4-5 and chopped it...and completely missed on the 6-10 in the 8th. Three open frames and no doubles = POO!!

Game 2...I seemed dialed in...but missed a single 6-pin in the 3rd frame. Then my BELOVED 8-10 pocket leave in the 5th...which my coach swears has nothing to do with me switching to 15lbs...but for crying out loud...I've rarely ever left that...then switch weights...and now it's a nightly occurrence. Then I missed a single 8-pin (again...rarely ever left it throwing 16lbs) because my slide foot slipped and I yanked the shot left. And AGAIN....3 opens...the only difference was the double to start.

Game 3 I was strongly considering making a move to the Asylum or at least the Dark Encounter...because it just seems like the lanes had broken down enough that I was starting to see transition late in Game 2. But...I was stubborn and stuck with the Lethal Revolver. And I started off with a 4-bagger so it seemed like my line was working...then a chopped 6-10 in the 5th and a single 3-pin leave in the 6th made me move left...then I missed a single 6-pin in the 7th. Only 2 opens and I strung a lot of strikes together to salvage the 212.

Finally in frame 8 of Game 3...I realized my arm was causing a lot of the problem...bending my elbow before the ball comes off my hand...and I struck twice...but the transition/breakdown was horrible. As soon as I found a line...it would change. I almost needed to make a 2:1 move every two frames. Maybe it was that some of the other guys were playing inside my line...and once I got to their line(s)...it was already broken down. That's the most logical explanation. Unfortunately, without dropping my speed considerably...with the pattern being more on the slick side...and with nothing stronger than what I was throwing...I couldn't start left of those guys. By the time I transitioned inside the second arrow...the 3rd game was almost over.

Wednesday hopefully will be better. Monday league is my "fun league" because the two female bowlers are fairly horrible. The other guy on the team is actually really good...but we can only do so much without any help. Wednesday will be more serious. And Friday I have lesson #2 with Mark Baker. I get paid Thursday so I'll be back in business monetarily speaking. Then Saturday I'll head to Northern LA County to try my luck against the "big boyz".

But if I miss single-pins...can't convert 6-10s or 2-4-5s...and can't hit a 6-pin to save my poomachine....then I might as well just stay home Saturday and forfeit the $50. Traffic sucks out that way so I do I want to spend $30 in gas and 3 hours sitting on the I-5? Just to get my booty handed to me? Probably not...but I also love to bowl and already paid the $50...so I'll probably go regardless.

And I shouldn't take last night so hard...I mean, "technically" I was above my average for the night and managed to almost single-handedly salvage a point for the team in Game 3...and I won a poker hand...so...it wasn't quite as bad as it felt like at the time.

Bear with me...patience is NOT one of my virtues.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Quote Originally Posted by Jessiewoodard57 View Post
    I'd bet those of us spending too much have one thing in common ....not married
    Well...if Diana Z would ever return my calls...

I am married. Wife bowls with me. She was the one that purchased bowling shoes for me January of this year so we could bowl more.

Chats: 0

widowed so no one to answer to
    Roto Grip Sinister, Storm 2Fast, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Joy Ride, Storm Phase, Storm Sky Rocket, Storm Mix, 14#equipment..Disabled bowler bowl from a wheel chair.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums and a ball contest winner!

Wednesday League: low-oil synthetics, easier house shot, a good deal of hold in the middle.

656 Series: 232 (clean)-221-203

Game 1 I was solid. I had 7 strikes through 9 frames until finally making a bad shot in the 10th. I would have liked to have been in the 250s...but I never complain about a clean game. Won the poker hand with a 4 of a kind and advanced in all 3 brackets.

Game 2 was more of the same; but I whiffed on a 4-7 leave in the 6th frame for my only open frame of the game and that cost me pretty big. Still managed to survive in all 3 brackets I was in...but I could tell in the 9th and 10th that the lanes were starting to break down.

Game 3 was rough. The strike line was gone and it took me 6-7 frames to finally start striking again. I was around the pocket...but in the first 6 frames I left 3 single 7-pins and 2 single 10-pins...all pocket hits that just weren't carrying. And, unfortunately, I finally missed a single 10-pin in the 4th for my only open of the game. Luckily, 203 was enough to win two of the brackets and help the team take all 4 points for the second straight week.

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 9.24 pins
    Strikes: 54% (1 4-bagger, 2 turkeys, 3 doubles, and 2 singles)
    Spares: 84% picked up

Single Pin spares: 87% (7/8)
    Most common single-pin leave: 10-pin (5x)
    Only left 10-pins and 7-pins.

Multiple Pin spares: 80% (4/5)
    Most common multi-pin leaves: 3-6 (2x).

Splits: n/a.

Average over 3 games: 218.67.
    Average had I picked up 100% of single pin spare leaves: 222.33.

Another solid outing although it must be said that these lane conditions are the easiest in Orange County so I'm not gonna buy my PBA card just yet.

The good thing is our team took all 4 points for the second straight week and are slowly climbing up the standings. It's also a bit more profitable bowling well:

Last 2 weeks in this league:
    Cost: $44 (dues) + $30 (brackets) + $6 (poker) + $6 (side pot) + $1 (mystery score 1 week) + $6 (skins) = $49
    Winnings over two weeks in this league = $59 (last week) + $89 (this week) = $148

In Game 1 I wanted to get a drink but only had $3 cash on me...so I actually had to wait until I won the poker hand so I could buy a drink. But yeah, it's a nice feeling to actually make more money bowling than I'm spending...even if it's not a bunch.

Still got a LOT of work to do. My spare shooting was encouraging, but my strike rate fell off from last week and some of my strikes tonight were gifts from this oil pattern. But I definitely needed this little confidence boost heading into this weekend's tournament.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Chats: 32

Wow another nice set. Apparently you found where Ice's old lane man from his 300 games must have retired to LOL.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Chats: 256

Nice shooting Aslan.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Chats: 0

Nice set Aslan . A week to be happy with.
    Roto Grip Sinister, Storm 2Fast, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Joy Ride, Storm Phase, Storm Sky Rocket, Storm Mix, 14#equipment..Disabled bowler bowl from a wheel chair.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums and a ball contest winner!

Solid set. You'll do great this weekend. Focus and stay posative.

Page 91 of 226 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141191 ... LastLast