Page 94 of 226 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144194 ... LastLast

Thread: Aslan's Scores (of the non-lady kind)

Still awaiting to hear it's with the Mother of his Daughter. It will be like a romance novel or watching Days. I may even plan a trip to CA when they do decide to renew their original vows. So exciting!!
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Go on the date just in hopes of getting lucky. That's better than bowling.

And this other girl, were you trying to be exclusive with her or was it more of hey let's hang out a bit and see where it goes.

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Get the date or the practice over with ? You " guess " you have a date, was it arranged by someone against your will ? Is she old enough to drink ? lol
    The date. I love bowling. I hate dating. I like the sex part...but the rest of it is annoying. Bowling is 70% awesome, 10% work, and 20% horrible (when it's not working out). Dating is 15% good (the sex part), 55% annoying, and 30% dreadful.

Quote Originally Posted by bubba809 View Post
    Still awaiting to hear it's with the Mother of his Daughter. It will be like a romance novel or watching Days. I may even plan a trip to CA when they do decide to renew their original vows. So exciting!!
    Yeah. That's not going to happen. She lives in Iowa and I live in California. And I don't think either of us want to go back down that road.

Quote Originally Posted by NewToBowling View Post
    Go on the date just in hopes of getting lucky. That's better than bowling.
    It can be. But there's a 90% chance it won't be. See...kids in their teens to low 30s...dating is about "hooking up". Dating in your late 30s and 40s is about finding "the right person". So there's rarely ever sex on the first date. And even when there is, you're at least 30% sure it was a mistake. Besides...my diet isn't working as well as planned so I'm gonna need to keep the clothes on as long as possible.

But I do appreciate the confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by NewToBowling View Post
    And this other girl, were you trying to be exclusive with her or was it more of hey let's hang out a bit and see where it goes.
    What other girl? The one on my bowling team?

She's an interesting case because she's much younger than I am (about 14 years) but her and I have many similar interests. It's rare to find someone that much older or younger that shares so many things in common. So I was really looking at it as a very good potential match. But the "downside" to that scenario is there are going to many other areas where there's just too big of a gap where you just don't have a lot of the same shared experiences. And even though she's not necessarily a "10"...youth tends to give women at least a 1-2 point bump in terms of physical attractiveness. Would she have been in "my wheelhouse" physically when I was her age? Maybe, maybe not. But as an older gentleman (and I use the term "gentleman" loosely), she is definitely in my wheelhouse.

But as time progressed I saw some warning signs I didn't like. For example;

1) She, like most gals her age, is at a point of confusion where she doesn't know what she wants out of life. And there really is no responsibility in her life. She goes from job to job and from parents house to roommates to living with grandma and grandpa...she's not at the age where the responsibilities of life have set in.

2) She gets a LOT of hugs from a LOT of older gentlemen in the league. She's quite friendly, and loves the attention and free drinks it gets her. But then she returns to the lanes and starts badmouthing and belittling the older gents that are buying her drinks saying they are "creepy" and trying to get in her pants. Ya think?? I mean...how dumb are women? Is it just an age thing? At what age does it finally click with women that if you meet a guy at a bar and he buys you a drink...he's probably with a 99.5% certainty hoping to bang you? Am I Rainman because I figured this out in my low 20s?

And now she's dating the younger guy on our team...which I think was her plan all along when drafting him to the team. And he's a nice guy and a solid bowler...so I got no beef. My only slight criticism is that when she brought her hotter, younger friend to the league night a few weeks ago...he was all over her like flies on poo...and completely ignoring girl #1. So who knows. Maybe he's a nice guy, maybe not, or maybe guys in general are just not "nice guys" by nature. Who knows? It doesn't really matter. It was probably a blessing in disguise.

Love you honesty Aslan (and of course your writing style). Can't you tell there are numerous posters on here very interested in your dating experiences probably more so than your *boring* bowling scores?? I for one am that married guy with 2 kids and no social life other than Caliou or PJ Masks (Google is your friend). Bowling night is my big night out. Please continue with your Details in Dating with Aslan...please.

Love you honesty Aslan
    You either honestly love me or love my honesty. I'm gonna assume it's #2...even in this day and age.

Can't you tell there are numerous posters on here very interested in your dating experiences probably more so than your *boring* bowling scores?? I for one am that married guy with 2 kids and no social life other than Caliou or PJ Masks (Google is your friend). Bowling night is my big night out. Please continue with your Details in Dating with Aslan...please.
    I gives the people what they want. They want bowling wisdom...I provide that. They want political debate, I provide them with that. They want to argue endlessly over whether the FDA is evil and whether an alien apocalypse is on the verge of occurring...well, I'll even do that. And yes...when they want me to write my Aslanian version of Penthouse Letters...I provide that as well (with certain restrictions due to the family oriented site and all). Like the Dude...I simply abide.

But really the entertainment value of my dating life hinges on whether classygranny can tolerate it. As the only female bowler on the site...she sometimes must pop in and remind us what we men actually enjoy and remind us that we're not as entertaining as we think we are. That is one of the many roles and burdens of womanhood...to constantly remind men of their deficiencies and overall uselessness.

Sounds like it is time for a new thread....Penthouse Letters By Aslan.....It seems to be what the members want.

Quote Originally Posted by fortheloveofbowling View Post
    Sounds like it is time for a new thread....Penthouse Letters By Aslan.....It seems to be what the members want.
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Bowl1820 would not approve.

Besides, I got scores to post...

Wednesday League: low-oil synthetics, easier house shot, a good deal of hold in the middle, a lot of miss room to the outside.

647 Series: 192-267 (clean)-188

Game 1 was better than the score indicates. My only open was a 2-4-10 split in the 4th until I chopped a 2-4-5 in the 10th. That definitely should have been a 200+ game. But somehow I advanced in all 3 of my brackets, but the team lost. : (

Game 2 was my 2nd 8-bagger to start that I've ever thrown. One of the strikes was a lucky break...but once I threw the 7th and 8th...people were starting to notice. Nobody said anything until I missed (flat 7-pin) in the 9th...then suddenly there was a bunch of groans and sighs behind me...so they were paying attention more than I thought they were. I finally missed pocket in the 10th when I threw it too far right...but I kept it clean and ended up with my new highest sanctioned score ever. Been waiting to update that one in my signature for quite awhile....and it was one of my goals to throw a 266 game or higher this season....so a lot to be happy about despite missing 12 strikes by just 2. And obviously I advanced in all three brackets...but again no side pot...got beat by a 288 scratch.

Game 3 the lanes were finally starting to transition a little bit. I started out with a 6-7 split, then missed (barely) a single 4-pin in the 6th, then a 4-7-10 split in the 9th...had to strike out to salvage the 188. Definitely not enough for me to set a personal best series nor get to 700+. Finished 2nd in two brackets and 1st in the other. The downside is the one that I won I was against my anchor teammate. Didn't quite make a profit this week...but probably almost broke even.

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 9.21 pins
    Strikes: 60% (1 8-bagger, 3 turkeys, 3 singles)
    Spares: 61% picked up

Single Pin spares: 83% (5/6)
    Most common single-pin leave: 7-pin (2x)
    Only left the 2-pin, 4-pin, 7-pin (2x), 8-pin, and 10-pin.

Multiple Pin spares: 42% (3/7)
    Most common multi-pin leaves: n/a.

Splits: 0% (0/3).

Average over 3 games: 215.67.
    Average had I picked up 100% of single pin spare leaves: 219.33.

Tonight I started hearing my first grumblings from some other bowlers about the conditions actually being too easy. Thats something I never thought I'd hear from bowlers. But, for me, it's even worse. If I enter a tournament, I have to use a 190 average. But outside of this one house, I've never averaged over 176. I admit my previous 162 average was probably not reflective of my current skill level...but I ain't really 190 either.

Obviously the run at 300 was fun. It adds a lot of excitement. I tweaked my release in my last lesson with Mark Baker and I don't quite have it down yet. Fortunately, this center didn't punish me for some of the mistakes. I was actually more bummed out that the team lost 3 of 4 points than I was about the 300. This was a team we should have beaten but their first game everyone on their team bowled above their average and the 3rd game the other bowlers on the team just self-destructed. Those thumbless/big hook guys were really, really struggling to keep their shot in the pocket. And once they run out of room....you get disasterous splits and washouts.

Didn't someone mention I should join a scratch league? Well, I know it doesn't count...but next week I think I'm down to 1 pin of handicap...so I'm almost a "scratch bowler". Who'd a thunk it??
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Nice game and series.

Very nice game Aslan. See how one BIG game can really bump that series up?? Just wish we could do that more often...

Chats: 32

Nice game and set. It amazes me the difference between your houses. Is it really that much or is part of it in your head? I bowl leagues in three different houses and there are differences but my differential is about 10 pins.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Page 94 of 226 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144194 ... LastLast