Page 187 of 225 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187188189190191197 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 2246

Thread: Aslan's Scores (of the non-lady kind)

Chats: 204

Wednesday Miller/Coors Master's Trios League: THS

544 Series: 168-175-201

PinPal Stats:

Game 1 I missed a 7-pin...then a 4-6 split in the 4th and a 8-10 split in the 10th.

Game 2 I left a 1-2-4-10 washout in the 6th followed by a missed 4-pin in the 7th.

Game 3 started out with 9 /, 7 /, 8 /, 9 / before opening on another 4-pin in the 5th. Managed to stay clean the rest of the way: 9 /, X, X, 9 /, X X X...but those last 3 strikes were about as weak as I've thrown.

First Ball Average: 8.97 pins
    Strikes: 45%
    Spares: 66% picked up

Single Pin spares: 62% (5/8)
    Most common single-pin leave: 10-pin (4x)
    Also left a single 4-pin (3x) and 7-pin.

Multiple Pin spares: 70% (7/10)
    Most common multi-pin leave: 1-2 (3x)

Splits: 50% (2/4)

Average over 3 games: 181.33.
    Average had I picked up all single-pin spares: 192.67.

After an epic performance last week...destroying the top competition and in the process shooting my highest score ever and raising my average to over 200...we play a team where we have about 36 pins advantage (on average) over each bowler...and I have to strike out in the 10th frame of Game 3 just to manage one game over 200.

We took 10 out of 12 scratch points...I took all 4 of mine. But the other team took 2 scratch points and all 5 of the handicap totals. And, my average falls back under 200...short lived tenure as a legitimate bowler. I just never had a good shot. I had to play much closer to the 1st arrow than the 2nd arrow. I could get to the pocket...but had trouble carrying. Very little miss room to the right...as is evident by all the 1-2 leaves.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Pyramid Force Pearl; (: .) Brunswick Rhino Gold; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 185; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 15.5mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

599 Series: 196-211-192

PinPal Stats:

Game 1 I started with a washout...then remained clean the rest of the way...but didn't put too many strikes together.

Game 2 I started with a chopped 4-6. Managed to stay clean until a chopped bucket in the 7th...but managed a X, X, X, X, 9 to close out the game.

Game 3 I really struggled to carry. My only open was my only missed single-pin (10-pin) of the night...but only 4 strikes and two were singles.

First Ball Average: 9.03 pins
    Strikes: 47%
    Spares: 76% picked up

Single Pin spares: 87% (7/8)
    Most common single-pin leave: 10-pin (6x)
    Also left a single 4-pin (2x).

Multiple Pin spares: 66% (6/9)
    Most common multi-pin leave: 1-2 (2x)

Splits: 100% (1/1)

Average over 3 games: 199.67.
    Average had I picked up all single-pin spares: 203.67.

This is the second place team in the league and came into the night 8.5 points back of us and 7 points ahead of the 3rd place team. We had beaten them 9-8 the first time we bowled them...by far the closest match of the season. And, it was extra bad for me because I lost 3 individual points to their best bowler.

This time we beat them pretty good...16-1. The 3rd place team of high average ladies beat the last place team 16-1...so it looks like the ladies are back to being our primary competition. We should still have a 15.5 point cushion over them though.

Missed a 600 series by a pin...didn't manage to get my average back up over 200. But, I avenged my poor performance earlier in the season...and I think I still have the high game and high series on the season. Should be smooth sailing until we face the ladies again. Not sure if I can correct my struggles by being more consistent...or if I need to fix my line/ball.

I also have to figure out what's going on with my knee. Strangely, it doesn't bother me so much when I'm actually bowling...but it aches 24/7 when I'm not bowling. On the one hand, I don't want to miss any bowling if I get knee surgery...when I just am starting to get my game back. On the other hand, if I address the knee now, maybe I can salvage fall season...but probably not.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Pyramid Force Pearl; (: .) Brunswick Rhino Gold; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    Ball Speed: 15.5mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post

599 Series: 196-211-192

PinPal Stats:

Game 2 I started with a chopped 4-6. Managed to stay clean until a chopped bucket in the 7th...but managed a X, X, X, X, 9 to close out the game.

I also have to figure out what's going on with my knee. Strangely, it doesn't bother me so much when I'm actually bowling...but it aches 24/7 when I'm not bowling. On the one hand, I don't want to miss any bowling if I get knee surgery...when I just am starting to get my game back. On the other hand, if I address the knee now, maybe I can salvage fall season...but probably not.
    What do you mean, “a chopped 4-6” ? I’ve only seen that made once.

Standard disclaimer: I am not a doctor. The knee issue may be caused by a muscle imbalance. A friend of mine was telling me just last week that a physical therapist had saved him from knee surgery by figuring out that his quads were too tight compared to his hamstrings. Hope you get it resolved.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    What do you mean, “a chopped 4-6” ? I’ve only seen that made once.
    My bad. Chopped "4-7"...which I'm sure you've seen made more than twice.

Standard disclaimer: I am not a doctor. The knee issue may be caused by a muscle imbalance. A friend of mine was telling me just last week that a physical therapist had saved him from knee surgery by figuring out that his quads were too tight compared to his hamstrings. Hope you get it resolved.
    It's been better as of late. Losing some weight will almost certainly help.

Adult PBA Weekly Tournament: Brunswick 37ft Rhino pattern

408 Series: 118-147-143

Pinpal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 7.44 pins
    Strikes: 15% (1 double and 3 singles)
    Spares: 44% picked up

Single Pin spares: 66% (4/6)
    Most common single-pin leaves: n/a.
    Never left a single 1-pin, 2-pin, 7-pin, nor 8-pin.

Multiple Pin spares: 38% (8/21)
    Most common multi-pin leaves: 1-2-4-7 and 1-2 (3x each).

Splits: 0% (0/1)

Average over 3 games: 136.00.
    Average had I picked up 100% of single pin spare leaves: 142.67.

Just miserable. I hate this pattern. In warm-up, it seemed like I had a shot straight up the 9-10 board standing a little right of center. But, it wasn't to be. If I missed right...AT ALL...I'd miss the headpin. Any miss...even a half board left...and it'd go through the nose or hit brooklyn. I didn't even bother with the outside shot...which was terrible last week. I tried to move a little inside and play up 12-13 boards...but the same problems as playing the track.

The former PBA pro that runs the tournament said he liked my form...but I probably needed a ball with more surface. I thought getting the Thug Life down to 1000 would be enough, especially with a shorter pattern. But, nope. Longer pattern next week...so maybe I gotta drop the surface down to 500 and see if that helps.

600 Series: 219-226-155

PinPal Stats:

Game 1 was ruined by a chopped 2-5-8 in the 10th frame. Honestly, I have no idea how my 16lb ball deflected enough to allow the 8-pin to remain. Seemed like it was heading straight for it.

Only open in Game 2 was a chopped 2-5 in the 5th frame. I pulled the shot, but thought the 2-pin would still take out the 5-pin...it did not.

Game 3 I had moved my feet left of center and my line inside the 2nd arrow...and I just didn't have the hand to get the ball to make the turn. In addition, I was starting to make bad shots...pulling the ball. Missed a couple single-pins, ended up with a split in the 8th, then chopped a 2-4-5-8 bucket in the 10th.

First Ball Average: 9.16 pins
    Strikes: 59%
    Spares: 38% picked up

Single Pin spares: 60% (3/5)
    Most common single-pin leave: 4-pin (2x)
    Also left a single 2-pin, 3-pin, and 10-pin.

Multiple Pin spares: 25% (2/8)
    Most common multi-pin leave: n/a.

Splits: 0% (0/2)

Average over 3 games: 200.00.
    Average had I picked up all single-pin spares: 206.67.

The night didn't go that well. A 600-Series is always nice, but;

- 155 is my lowest score in that league to date.
    - The poor 3rd game cost me an individual point and cost the team the total for that Game...so that's 2 points.
    - Spare shooting was abysmal.
    - The team won 9 points to 8...our closest match to date.

Cranker
    Chats: 0

For the 3rd game, how big a move was it from your original line and why did you move? Did you see something in your ball motion that prompted you to move or was it a move just because you thought you should move because it's the 3rd game?

Anyway, as you said a 600 series is always nice so good job but I know it must be frustrating finishing with a 155.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Two thoughts:
    1. When you see that your ball isn’t making the turn when you move way inside your subconscious mind will tell your arm to pull the ball.
    2. Have you tried slowing it down when you have to make the big move inside?
    John

Two thoughts:
    1. When you see that your ball isn’t making the turn when you move way inside your subconscious mind will tell your arm to pull the ball.
    I think that's probably true. That 3rd game, and really anytime I start to move inside...I just subconsciously feel like it's not coming back and I usually pull it.

2. Have you tried slowing it down when you have to make the big move inside?
    I need to. The monitors were clocking me at 18.58-19.56 (at the pins). That's too fast for my minimal hand. Not sure what I'm doing to cause the speed increase. I think I'm moving my feet too fast...gotta work on it.

But no, I try not to change my speed (intentionally) unless I really have no choice. Changing my speed usually means moving up in the approach...and then my timing gets a little 'messy'.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonNJ View Post
    For the 3rd game, how big a move was it from your original line and why did you move?
    Yes. The problem is the difference between burning up and having a bad line.

So, in warm-up...on the right lane...I was hitting the pocket HARD on the right lane...and leaving a 10-pin. I thought maybe a slight move outside would solve that...it didn't. I tried a vertical targeting change...move the target a little closer to me....also didn't work.

That's when I thought, "okay...maybe it's hitting weak because it's burning out...maybe I need to move in?" Well, that didn't work. So, maybe I needed to push my target OUT...out to the arrows. Bingo! So that was how I got lined up on the right lane.

Game 1 I had trouble because the Thug Life would seem like it wanted to go through the nose...or leave me a 4 or 9...but when I moved IN...I'd leave a 2-pin combo...which tells me my line is too far in. Usually when I KNOW I need to move in...and that works...but then I start hitting light...that's my cue that I need a ball change because the lanes are transitioning.

So, Game 2 I switched to the Warning Sign...and things were looking fine.

As I started Game 3...I was starting to go through the nose again...leaving 4-10s and such. So, I move in...but the Warning Sign can't make the turn...time for the Scandal Pearl...maybe there's some carrydown to deal with. Well, the Scandal Pearl wasn't working either...either there wasn't carrydown and it was burning out...or my line had just gotten too far inside for my speed/hand combination.

Add to that...I wasn't making great shots and started pulling the ball...and was not shooting spares well...and it just made for a miserable Game 3.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonNJ View Post
    Did you see something in your ball motion that prompted you to move or was it a move just because you thought you should move because it's the 3rd game?
    As stated above...definitely based on what I was leaving and seeing.

Generally speaking:
    Through the nose - 1:2 left
    Brooklyn = 2:3 left
    4 and/or 9 pins = 1:1 left
    2-pin combo = 1:2 right (or ball change depending on when it happens)
    Leave the headpin = 2:3 right (usually this is only an issue in a strange house/sport or challenge pattern...usually not an issue once league play starts)
    6 and/or 8 pins = 1:1 right (or ball change depending on when it happens)
    Pocket hit leaving a flat 10 = ????? could be a slight move right, vertical target change, or ball change.
    Strike with ball exiting too far towards 7-pin = vertical target change or slight move left
    Strike with ball exiting too far towards the 10-pin = vertical target change or slight move right or ball change.

That real hard part is:
    1) These systems ONLY work if you throw good shots. If I tug it or have no hand or can't get low enough or any number of stupid things I'm capable of doing...then what happens is meaningless and I need to just throw the same shot next time and hope to be better.
    2) Whether you are lined up wrong or the ball is burning up or you're experiencing carrydown...they all look very much alike...and result in the same leaves. Three different pros can watch the same shot and same result and tell you three different reasons why you left the 10-pin.

Adult PBA Weekly Tournament: Brunswick 42ft "The Deep" pattern

419 Series: 118-157-144

Pinpal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 7.81 pins
    Strikes: 12% (1 double and 2 singles)
    Spares: 44% picked up

Single Pin spares: 40% (4/10)
    Most common single-pin leaves: 6-pin (4x).
    Never left a single 1-pin, 2-pin, 5-pin, and 10-pin (3x).

Multiple Pin spares: 47% (8/21)
    Most common multi-pin leaves: 3-6-10 (4x).

Splits: 0% (0/4)

Average over 3 games: 139.67.
    Average had I picked up 100% of single pin spare leaves: 159.33.

Put a lot of work into adding some surface to all of the balls in my arsenal, which I figured I'd need for the longer pattern. But, the pattern only has 17.14ml of volume...turned out not to need the surface.

Just played badly. Couldn't make easy spares...if I missed to the right...I'd miss the 3-pin...if I pulled it even a little...through the nose. Just miserable.

The surface experiment is over...if they are going to make the pattern longer but drop the oil volume...then what's the point?

Ughhh. Very disappointing.

High Roller
    Chats: 0

Yep. I was in a tournament in March with a 47' Scorpion. My first time ever on a sport pattern. As a lefty if I missed by 1 board left I'd take out the 4-7 and 1 board to the right and I'd go Brooklyn. Oddly my best game that day was a 219 scratch but I think every one of my strikes were Brooklyns that game. My average for the tournament was 157
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Page 187 of 225 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187188189190191197 ... LastLast