Page 185 of 226 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189195 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 2251

Thread: Aslan's Scores (of the non-lady kind)

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Decent night!
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-300; high series-739

Chats: 204

Thursday Men's League: THS

Last night of the season roll-off. I don't think it actually counts toward my average.

445 Series: 141-156-148

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 8.47 pins
    Strikes: 31%
    Spares: 40% picked up

Single Pin spares: 62% (5/8)
    Most common single-pin leave: 4-pin (5x)
    Also left a single 3-pin, 6-pin, and 10-pin.

Multiple Pin spares: 28% (4/14)
    Most common multi-pin leave: 2-10 split (2x).

Splits: 0% (0/5)

Average over 3 games: 148.33.
    Average had I picked up all single-pin spares: 157.33.

Game 1 was horrid spare shooting....missed 3 single-pins and just couldn't get a line to hold...constantly transitioning left.

Game 2 I failed to pick up 4 multi-pin spares...including one in the 10th.

Game 3 I finally started making better shots...but the ball change gave me dilemmas due to a recent surface adjustment...and 3 of the 4 opens on multi-pin leaves...were splits.

I guess I'm glad there wasn't much money at stake. Bad spare shooting, faster than usual transitioning lanes, dealing with a ball surfacing issue that was unexpected, and far more splits than usual...that results in one of my three lowest series in this league and one of only 5 sub-450 series dating back to early August 2016.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 185; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Chats: 55

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    Thursday Men's League: THS

Last night of the season roll-off. I don't think it actually counts toward my average.
    Unless your league does a special fun night like 9-pin no tap, then your season end/sweeper/roll-off or whatever it's called does count toward your average. Common misconception that is covered by USBC rule 113b 2. 2. Games are counted toward individual averages.
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!
    High Series - 704; High Game - 290 (a long time ago) Current Average - 150

Quote Originally Posted by classygranny View Post
    Unless your league does a special fun night like 9-pin no tap, then your season end/sweeper/roll-off or whatever it's called does count toward your average. Common misconception that is covered by USBC rule 113b 2. 2. Games are counted toward individual averages.
    Good news! That drops my sandbagging average to 178!

Wednesday Miller/Coors Trios League: THS

This is the "party" week before the league starts...this is gonna be my primary summer league.

595 Series: 195-224 (clean)-176

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 8.76 pins
    Strikes: 36%
    Spares: 90% picked up

Single Pin spares: 80% (8/10)
    Most common single-pin leave: 10-pin (3x)
    Never left a single 1-pin, 5-pin, nor 8-pin.

Multiple Pin spares: 100% (11/11)
    Most common multi-pin leave: 2-4 and 2-5 (2x each).

Splits: N/A

Average over 3 games: 198.33.
    Average had I picked up all single-pin spares: 205.67.

Game 1 was a missed 4-pin in the 2nd frame away from a clean game. Game 3 was a missed single 6-pin away from a clean game and a strike on the first ball of the 10th away from an all-spare game.

First time bowling in this center and not on fresh conditions. This is a smaller, 24-lane center...a little hard for me to see the boards as the lanes are very light and the lights are bright.

I needed to move about 3.5 left with my feet and 1.5 left with my eyes to start things off. Not sure if it is the center or just that it isn't fresh conditions. Also had to move my target out to the arrows...versus just above the dots. Made my 2:2 move right in Game 2 and started using the Warning Sign. Also needed to move my target midway between the dots and arrows. Switched to the Scandal Pearl in Game 3, but had to move 1 board right with my eyes and 2 boards right with my feet...and move my target back to the arrows.

I think I need to put the Scandal Pearl in the dishwasher. It has really been underwhelming lately. Maybe I'll wait until my Siaair pad shipment arrives.

I was worried I might not be good enough for this league...because it is a mix of head-to-head scratch and handicap...but it's only a 6-team league and of the 9 (of 18) bowlers that showed up for the party...only 2 of them could match me.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Wednesday Miller/Coors Master's Trios League: THS

624 Series: 180-213 -231

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 9.15 pins
    Strikes: 52%
    Spares: 68% picked up

Single Pin spares: 77% (7/9)
    Most common single-pin leave: 2-pin, 4-pin, and 10-pin (2x each)
    Never left a single 1-pin, 6-pin, 7-pin, nor 8-pin.

Multiple Pin spares: 57% (4/7)
    Most common multi-pin leave: n/a.

Splits: 0% (0/1)

Average over 3 games: 208.00.
    Average had I picked up all single-pin spares: 212.33.

The first game I had to adjust to fresh conditions having never bowled league in this house before. When I bowled on burnt conditions I was standing a little left a center and targeting the 2nd arrow. But, on fresh, I needed to move a little right of center and target a board right of the second arrow. Made a really awful shot in the 4th and left a 1-2-6-10 washout...and missed a 10-pin in the 7th. Missed a 4-pin on the final ball of the 10th as well.

In Game 2, everything was going well...I just had a tendency to miss right every now and again. My only open was a missed 6-10 in the 5th. By the end of the game, I felt like a ball change was in order. I must have been right...and made the right adjustment when I balled down...because it led to a triple to close out the 10th.

In Game 3, I continued to put another trio of strikes together...so 6 straight strikes after the ball change...but then ran into trouble as the lanes were really starting to transition. I decided to switch to the Scandal Pearl in the 8th and, again, must have been the right choice...because I rattled off 3 straight strikes. Could have tied my opponent and taken 3.5 points (rather than just 3)...but I made a bad second shot in the 10th and ended with a 9 /.

This is the first scratch league I've ever bowled in and was worried I might not be good enough to compete...but it's only 5 teams and thus far I've held my own. I even outscored our #3 bowler in 2 out of 3 of the games...and he came in averaging 7 pins higher than I do normally.

The scoring is scratch individual (games and series) and handicap for total games and series. We ended up taking like 14 out of 17. Our most likely competition is going to come from the team of old ladies what were putting up 180-221 games on the pair next to us. Those ole birds can roll!! And I don't mean that in a derogatory way...they are really talented....super consistent...very effortless swings, consistent speeds, consistent approaches, near perfect spare shooting, etc... It would SHOCK me if they haven't won senior ladies awards (many of them) numerous times in recent history.

Gonna leave the ball surfaces alone for now. I will probably resurface again in 1-3 weeks...try to get the progression to work without having to adjust right when making the ball change...but right now the changes with adjustments are working.
    Last edited by Aslan; 04-25-2019 at 01:01 PM. Reason: S & Gs

537 Series: 194-166-177

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 9.06 pins
    Strikes: 45%
    Spares: 50% picked up

Single Pin spares: 60% (6/10)
    Most common single-pin leave: 10-pin (4x)
    Also left a single 1-pin, 5-pin, 6-pin, and 9-pin.

Multiple Pin spares: 33% (2/6)
    Most common multi-pin leave: n/a.

Splits: 0% (0/2)

Average over 3 games: 179.00.
    Average had I picked up all single-pin spares: 193.67.

Had a little trouble finding my line...but had a decent amount of time in practice to at least get a clue.

A couple missed 10-pins cost me a 200-game in Game 1...but I still felt pretty good.

Game 2 I chopped a 2-4-5-8 bucket I left off a bad shot. Had a Big 4 that I made a good attempt at picking up. Another missed corner pin...this time a 6-pin. Ended up losing 179-166.

Game 3 I started off good...a double...clean through 4...then a washout in frame 5 made me decide on a ball change. Struck in frame 6 with the Thug Life, then switched to the Warning Sign on both lanes. Pulled a shot in the 8th frame and left a 6-7 split...which I damn near picked up. But ANOTHER missed 10-pin in the 9th just killed me...lost a second game and the series.

Our team managed to take 10 of 17 points...and were tied for first coming in...but very disappointing after starting Week 1 with a > 200 average. I was so pissed about the corner pin shooting that I stayed a game after league and played a game of low ball.

I think the main problem was fit. I tried to step down a VISE IT size and use some VISE thumb tape...and it just didn't feel right and made my thumb really tight in the spare ball. During low ball practice I took out 2 of the 3 pieces of tape from the spare ball and that seemed to help.

I'm gonna resurface the Thug life down to a dry sanded 3000 matte to see if I can get an earlier reaction. I'd like to be able to play closer to the 12-board rather than being stuck outside in the 8-9 board area...but the Thug Life just doesn't have the cover to make that move early enough.

Adult PBA Weekly Tournament: Brunswick 39ft Inferno 3:1 ratio

476 Series: 178-116-182

Games 1 I only had a couple opens...but couldn't carry worth a darn.

Game 2 was a complete disaster. Six opens.

Game 3 was only a couple opens...and I managed a couple doubles...but a couple missed corner pins (including one in the 10th) hurt me.

With handicap, I scored high enough to qualify at #3 for the stepladder tournament.

Stepladder Finals: 158-123

Games 1 I barely managed a victory against a talented, young lefty...but fortunately was bowling on the same pair I had bowled on for the qualifying round...

Game 2 was on a new pair and didn't go very well. Six opens...again.

Pinpal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 8.00 pins
    Strikes: 18% (3 doubles and 4 singles)
    Spares: 54% picked up

Single Pin spares: 81% (13/16)
    Most common single-pin leaves: 10-pin (5x).
    Never left a single 1-pin, 2-pin, nor 8-pin.

Multiple Pin spares: 38% (10/26)
    Most common multi-pin leaves: 6-10 (4x).

Splits: 0% (0/3)

Average over 5 games: 151.40.
    Average had I picked up 100% of single pin spare leaves: 158.20.

Wasn't terrible. Had to play my "B-Game" by going up the 4-7 board area...standing 9-13. Spent $16 and won $13. Tipped the scorekeeper a couple books...so it cost me $5 to bowl 5 games on a challenge pattern.

Gonna be difficult with this arsenal I have...with no strong solids...to bowl on these tougher patterns. But...it's just gonna take some better accuracy and better shot-making than I'm used to. Finished 3rd out of 13...including some pretty darn high-level guys...I just need to keep getting better so I don't have to rely on my handicap to save me.

615 Series: 193-201-221

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 8.97 pins
    Strikes: 60%
    Spares: 64% picked up

Single Pin spares: 100% (3/3)
    Most common single-pin leave: 10-pin (2x)
    Also left a single 4-pin.

Multiple Pin spares: 54% (6/11)
    Most common multi-pin leave: 6-7-10 split (2x).

Splits: 50% (3/6)

Average over 3 games: 205.00.
    Average had I picked up all single-pin spares: n/a.

I knew it was going to be a good night when I made 3-5 really good shots in practice and knew I had the right ball on the right line.

I was bowling scratch against someone that had 132 average to my 193...so all I really needed to do to take 4 scratch match points was to not have an EPIC meltdown. And, on cue, after doubling, I left a 4-6-7 (which I converted). Okay, no harm no foul. Then, 2 frames later, a 6-7-10 split (did not convert) followed by a 3-10 baby split (which I converted), followed by a Big 4 (did not convert), and then a 3-6-7-10 (converted). So, when all I needed to do was coast to victory...I threw more splits in one game than I ever have!! The double to start, being able to convert 3/5 splits, and a 4-bagger to finish salvaged my average...but holy CARP!

Then, things got better. A chopped 2-4-5 away from a clean Game 2. Then a Game 3 where I struck in all but 3 frames...including a 5-bagger.

I had the 4th highest average going in (199, 199, 195, 193, 186, 183, 182, 173, 163, 161, 156, 143, 143, 134, 132, 119)...will probably stay at #4 going into next week. Next week "The Superpowers Explode" as we face the other good team (a team of old ladies...one of which leads the league in average). I'll be testing my 197 average against their lead bowler that was 186 this week but I think will around 190 after this week.

Adult PBA Weekly Tournament: Brunswick 39ft Inferno 3:1 ratio

498 Series: 150-182-166

Games 1 was miserable. Four opens including in the 10th. Just couldn't find a line with the Thug Life. The 4-5 board line I used last week just wasn't working. I tried to move inside, play straight at the pocket...which worked a little better...but I had to be near perfect.

Game 2 I switched to the Warning Sign. I was able to play a line virtually straight at the pocket...the Warning Sign made a slight move just before hitting the pocket which seemed to give me some carry. But, very little room for error. And a split in the 10th certainly didn't help things.

Only a few opens, and managed to put a handful of strikes together in Game 3.

With handicap, I scored high enough to qualify at #1 for the stepladder tournament.

Stepladder Finals: 183

The finals opponent was last week's winner...a youngster not too far removed from high school bowling. I was fortunate that he had trouble carrying. He stayed relatively clean, but didn't strike much. That, a significant amount of handicap, and a turkey in frames 7-9 was all I needed to pull off the upset.

Pinpal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 8.60 pins
    Strikes: 35% (2 turkeys, 2 doubles, and 5 singles)
    Spares: 53% picked up

Single Pin spares: 66% (6/9)
    Most common single-pin leaves: 5-pin, 6-pin, and 8-pin (2x).
    Never left a single 1-pin, 4-pin, 7-pin, nor 9-pin.

Multiple Pin spares: 47% (8/17)
    Most common multi-pin leaves: 1-2-4 (3x).

Splits: 0% (0/2)

Average over 4 games: 170.25.
    Average had I picked up 100% of single pin spare leaves: 177.50.

Was tempted to skip. Been having some knee issues. Relying much too much on my handicap...but two weeks and two straight stepladder finals, including one 1st place finish. Who'd have guessed that I'd be the 'star' bowler after two weeks?? Not me...

Page 185 of 226 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189195 ... LastLast