Page 188 of 225 FirstFirst ... 88138178184185186187188189190191192198 ... LastLast
Results 1,871 to 1,880 of 2246

Thread: Aslan's Scores (of the non-lady kind)

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by boatman37 View Post
    Yep. I was in a tournament in March with a 47' Scorpion. My first time ever on a sport pattern. As a lefty if I missed by 1 board left I'd take out the 4-7 and 1 board to the right and I'd go Brooklyn. Oddly my best game that day was a 219 scratch but I think every one of my strikes were Brooklyns that game. My average for the tournament was 157
    Yeah, the biggest difference I'm seeing between these sport/challenge patterns and a THS is on the outside. I've played THS shots where you could miss 3-12 boards right...sometimes barely miss guttering...and the ball could make it back to 'near' the pocket...sometimes striking, sometimes leaving a flat 10-pin. I have virtually no miss room on these challenge patterns. It's almost better to pull it and hope you Brooklyn or at least don't split.

I can't get mad at the pattern for Monday night. I wasn't making good shots. I'd have struggled on a THS the way I was bowling Monday.

With all due respect i think the bigger issue is 12/31 on non split spares.

Wednesday Miller/Coors Master's Trios League: THS

570 Series: 202-196-172

PinPal Stats:

Game 1 started off great... 9 /, X, X, X, X... Then, the wheels fell off. I crushed the pocket and watched a pin fly across the deck...leaving a 9-pin...which I missed. I then left a 7-pin...and missed it. I then left a 10-pin...and missed it. Going into the 10th frame, I needed a strike and a spare to win. I struck and then left a 1-2-10 washout...which I picked up. It would be my only victory...and I think our team's only point of the night.

Game 2 started off strong with a turkey...but then I made a couple bad shots...recovered...but realized I needed to make a ball change. I ended up missing a spare in the 9th thanks (in part) to the youth league girls on the pair next to us shrieking just as I released the ball. My opponent easily beat me.

Game 3 I just couldn't find the right line. My spare shooting improved, but an open on a 2-10 split in the 8th doomed me. I made a ball change to the Scandal Pearl and struck in the 9th, but then left a 7-pin on a pocket hit in the 10th...and missed it...perfect, disasterous ending to the night.

First Ball Average: 9.09 pins
    Strikes: 43%
    Spares: 58% picked up

Single Pin spares: 63% (7/11)
    Most common single-pin leave: 7-pin (4x)
    Also left a single 2-pin (1x), 4-pin, 9-pin, and 10-pin (2x each).

Multiple Pin spares: 50% (3/6)
    Most common multi-pin leave: n/a.

Splits: 0% (0/1)

Average over 3 games: 190.00.
    Average had I picked up all single-pin spares: 204.67.

This was an EPIC DISASTER for the following reasons:
    1) Our team lost it's first match of the season.
    2) The loss was to the 2nd place team.
    3) Going into the night we had a 13.5 point cushion, and are now probably 2.5 points back in 2nd place.
    4) I JUST had eye surgery to have a cataract removed yesterday. I'm not making excuses, but it is a bit distracting with one eye looking through a corrective lens and the other still dilated.

Last time we bowled this team, we beat them 13.5 to 3.5. Their PBA50 coach seemed unable to give them much of an advantage. I put up my highest series (679) and my highest game (268) against this team last time we bowled them. Our #2 spot bowler easily took care of their worst bowler and our anchor took 2 of 3 from their anchor.

Well, THIS TIME...their worst bowler was replaced by their PBA50 coach. I know their 2nd bowler had some injury issues...so I can't necessarily accuse them of adding a ringer just to beat us...but I also am a bit curious. I felt bad for my teammates more than I did for me. Our anchor really struggled against their anchor. Their anchor is a woman in her 60s...as consistent as I've ever seen...averaging 207 coming into the night. Our anchor was second highest average at 203. And I really felt bad for our #2 guy...a young kid...who actually bowled really well...but was up against a pro that put up a 725+ series.

I was so disgusted with my spare shooting that I bowled a game of lowball before I left. Didn't do too bad...a 47...77 when ya factor in a few gutters...although 2 of the gutters were very close.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Pyramid Force Pearl; (: .) Brunswick Rhino Gold; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 185; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 15.5mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Quote Originally Posted by fortheloveofbowling View Post
    With all due respect i think the bigger issue is 12/31 on non split spares.
    Oh yeah...I can't argue that. I wouldn't have been nearly as mad (at myself) if I had picked up those spares but not made the finals. If I can't carry, I can't carry...but there's no excuse for my spare shooting the last couple nights.

Adult PBA Weekly Tournament: Brunswick 42ft "The Deep" pattern

416 Series: 156-135-125

Pinpal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 8.42 pins
    Strikes: 19% (1 double and 4 singles)
    Spares: 37% picked up

Single Pin spares: 63% (7/11)
    Most common single-pin leaves: 6-pin and 10-pin (3x each).
    Never left a single 1-pin, 2-pin, 5-pin, nor 8-pin.

Multiple Pin spares: 15% (2/13)
    Most common multi-pin leaves: 1-2-4 and 4-6 split (2x each).

Splits: 25% (1/4)

Average over 3 games: 138.67.
    Average had I picked up 100% of single pin spare leaves: 151.67.

Honestly considered not going tonight. It's just so disappointing. On these patterns, every shot has to be perfect. Maybe a board miss room left or right...maybe. And the hand has to be perfect...one shot seems like it's lined up...then your release isn't perfect...and you barely hit the pocket. Even picking up multi-pin spares is harder....because the ball doesn't move the way you think it will.

But, gotta figure these out if I ever want to get better...as humiliating as it is.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Pyramid Force Pearl; (: .) Brunswick Rhino Gold; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    Ball Speed: 15.5mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

672 Series: 233 (clean)-224-215

PinPal Stats:

Wasn't 100% confident in the Thug Life to start. Just seemed like maybe the Warning Sign was going to be the better option to start...but I just didn't have enough time in practice to try it out and confirm. Just seemed like I didn't have very much miss room. Anything 1-2 boards right of target and I'd struggle to carry the 2-pin. Took me until about the 8th frame to really feel comfortable. Slipped on the approach in the 9th leaving me a 5 /...but at least I covered. Struck out for a 233.

The last couple strikes in that 10th frame just seemed a bit weak and figured I needed to make a ball change going into Game 2. Seemed to find the pocket and carry better once I made the change...but had to move my line a bit in the 4th, 5th, and 6th...which led to a 8 1, 9 -, and 9 / before going X, X, X, X, X, 9 to finish.

Tried to stay with the Warning Sign in Game 3...but after a 6 /, X, X, 9 /, 9 -, 9 /, 9 / I decided maybe it was time to pull out the Scandal Pearl to deal with what appeared to be some carrydown. X, X, X, 9 / to finish.

First Ball Average: 9.34 pins
    Strikes: 57%
    Spares: 78% picked up

Single Pin spares: 81% (9/11)
    Most common single-pin leave: 10-pin (3x)
    Never left a single 1-pin, 3-pin, 6-pin, nor 8-pin.

Multiple Pin spares: 66% (2/3)

Splits: n/a

Average over 3 games: 224.00.
    Average had I picked up all single-pin spares: 231.00.

I was hoping to get a 687 and regain my top spot in individual series...taking it from the anchor on our rival team that beat us last week...but couldn't manage those extra 15 pins.

Luck was a factor...one brooklyn strike...2-3 weak strikes. Spare shooting was better...and the only single-pins I missed were two 10-pins that I just barely missed to the right...guttering inches before hitting them.

Always a good night when I get a clean game and can throw 3 200+ games. Kinda depressing that I can do this on a THS but can only average in the 130s on challenge patterns. Just kinda sad that bowling is so pattern dependent...hard to really know how good or bad you are when averages are so meaningless.

But...our team took 17 of 17 points and should be back in 1st place by a half point given that the 3rd place team probably took at least 4 points from the top team tonight.
    Last edited by Aslan; 06-19-2019 at 11:05 PM.

Chats: 32

Wow... Nice night bud. Yeah bowling on challenge patters is different. Ones that fit my game I'm good on ones that don't I need to go home lol
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

612 Series: 202-207-203

PinPal Stats:

We bowled on the worst pair of lanes of the 3 pairs we get assigned for our league. I don't know what it is about this pair...at the end of the house...but i just can't seem to get a good line on this pair. Sometimes the lanes on the end have more volume or less volume because its where the machine starts or ends. Sometimes the lanes on the end are more subject to environmental factors. But, I started with the Thug Life....switched to the Warning Sign 5 frames in...took me a few frames to get dialed in...then struck well to salvage the 200+.

Game 2 I had a few opens...but managed to run some strikes together to salvage another 200+.

Switched to the Scandal Pearl and ran 5 strikes together to start the 3rd game. Made a bad shot in game 6 and I think I just mentally 'gave up' at that point. The strikes seemed weak...the line still wasn't right...so I took out the 300A and tried it...but I use that ball so infrequently that I really had no idea where to play that ball...so that led to one spare, one strike, and finished with 2 opens in the 9th and 10th.

First Ball Average: 9.09 pins
    Strikes: 54%
    Spares: 46% picked up

Single Pin spares: 66% (4/6)
    Most common single-pin leave: 10-pin (2x)
    Also left a single 4-pin, 6-pin, 7-pin, and 9-pin.

Multiple Pin spares: 33% (3/9)

Splits: 0% (0/2)

Average over 3 games: 204.00.
    Average had I picked up all single-pin spares: 211.67.

Normally a consistent night of 200+ scores would be a big victory...but SO many of those strikes were weak...and I never 'really' had a good line to the pocket...and in Game 3 I really threw in the towel once my shot at a 300-game went away....which isn't a good strategy....I'm just tired of putting SO much into bowling and I just can't get over that hump.

Chats: 32

Yeah bowling back to back 600+ series must suck!!! lol I understand what you mean though but how often do we have a good hit but can't score well last night you hit like crap but scored well. Sometimes we have to take what we can get.

Last 2 weeks ball hit has been good feels better seems like it looks better but I've got 2 575 series to show for it.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    Yeah bowling back to back 600+ series must suck!!! lol I understand what you mean though but how often do we have a good hit but can't score well last night you hit like crap but scored well. Sometimes we have to take what we can get.

Last 2 weeks ball hit has been good feels better seems like it looks better but I've got 2 575 series to show for it.
    Yeah...ya know...I've thought about this often. I think I'll make it a new post though.

Page 188 of 225 FirstFirst ... 88138178184185186187188189190191192198 ... LastLast