Page 197 of 225 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198199200201207 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,970 of 2245

Thread: Aslan's Scores (of the non-lady kind)

Chats: 204

Friday Mixed League: THS

562 Series: 183-177-202 (clean)

Chopped a 3-6 in the 3rd and then a pocket 7-10 in the 4th. I don't usually switch balls that early in the night...but ut just seemed like Grudge Hybrid was too strong for the lower oil volume on these lanes. I had already moved 1:2 left on one lane and that led to the pocket 7-10...I was gonna need to at least moved 1:2 on the other lane after the 3-6 leave...so maybe I just didn't have the right ball in my hands. Switched to the Aura Mystic and went 9 /, X, 6 /, X, 9 /. Maybe it was too early...but something still felt off...so I switched to the Fortera Exile in frame 10 and went 9 / 9 on a bad shot.

Game 2 I had to make some adjustments. I had JUST resurface the Fortera Exile that morning...and I put a 360/R. Compound/resin polish surface on it. The resin polish...especially when freshly applied...usually means I got to adjust right when I make the switch...sometimes a lot, sometimes a little, sometimes not at all. Took me a couple frames on the right lane to figure it out...then I went X, X, X until a couple bad shots led to two opens and a couple spares to finish out the game only 1 pin above my average.

Decided to switch to the Vintage Rhino Gold to end out the night. I moved back outside to try an up and in shot that usually works well with that ball...but moving right just wasn't a good idea. I ended up just constantly going through the nose until about the 8th frame. Fortunately, I stayed clean the entire game...minor highlight in an otherwise disappointing night.

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 8.73 pins
    Strikes: 36%
    Spares: 72% picked up

Single Pin spares: 87% (7/8)
    Most common single-pin leave: 2-pin, 5-pin, and 7-pin (2x each)
    Never left a single 1-pin, 3-pin, 4-pin, 8-pin, nor 9-pin.

Multiple Pin spares: 60% (6/10)
    Most common multi-pin leave: 2-4-5-8 bucket (3x)

Splits: 0% (0/2)

Average over 3 games: 187.33.
    Average had I picked up all single-pin spares: 191.33.

I think I'm going to change my progression on these lanes the rest of the season and go Mystic, Rhino, Exile. The Grudge is too strong to use more than 1/2 to 3/4 a game...and switching the Exile too early...before there's reasonably carry down at the breakpoint...doesn't work. The bad news is our team got smoked for the second straight week...the good news is I got a clean game out of it and threw my highest series in this league since November 1st.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Pyramid Force Pearl; (: .) Brunswick Rhino Gold; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 15.5mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Thursday Men's League: THS

527 Series: 166-152-209

Struggled in Game 1 on the left lane.

Similar to last week (3 splits), 4 splits kept me in the 150s. A 4-6-7-9 in the 1st frame, a 4-6-7 in the 4th, a 6-7-10 in the 5th, and a 2-7-8 on the first shot of the 10th. I was at least able to convert the 2-7-8.

Made the move to the Fortera Exile for Game 3 and started off with a 4-bagger. Opened on a terrible shot in the 5th...then it was 4 straight splits, a strike, and a split to fill the 10th.

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 8.48 pins
    Strikes: 39%
    Spares: 65% picked up

Single Pin spares: 85% (6/7)
    Most common single-pin leave: 10-pin (3x)
    Also left a single 3-pin, 4-pin (2x), and 6-pin.

Multiple Pin spares: 53% (7/13)
    Most common multi-pin leaves: 6-10, 3-6, and 4-6-7 split (2x each)

Splits: 20% (1/5)

Average over 3 games: 175.67.
    Average had I picked up all single-pin spares: 179.33.

Last week I shot a 529 series and made the closing comment: "I felt good...just had trouble with splits. Amazing how one open (Game 1) can really knock a score down."

Well, this week was a 527...splits killed Game 2...and one open in Game 3 left me 'barely' a 200-game. The bummers for tonight...I split with my opponent...and no clean games.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Pyramid Force Pearl; (: .) Brunswick Rhino Gold; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    Ball Speed: 15.5mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

521 Series: 187-164-170

Did pretty well in Game 1...just pulled a couple bad shots.

Did okay in Game 2....definitely wasn't throwing as good a shots as Game 1.

Threw even more bad shots in Game 3...started out with 2 opens...and ended with 2 missed single-pins.

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 8.38 pins
    Strikes: 37%
    Spares: 55% picked up

Single Pin spares: 66% (6/9)
    Most common single-pin leave: 10-pin (5x)
    Also left a single 3-pin, 6-pin, 8-pin, and 9-pin.

Multiple Pin spares: 45% (5/11)
    Most common multi-pin leaves: N/A

Splits: 0% (0/2)

Average over 3 games: 173.67.
    Average had I picked up all single-pin spares: 184.67.

In the last 3 weeks: 529, 527, 521. Perhaps I've hit my ceiling.

This week I had thumb issues. I ran out of ultra-slide powder and have been using VISE tape on my thumb in a bigger insert. Seemed to be working fine, but with slightly warmer temperatures as of late....started to get sticking issues...especially in the spare ball that I probably needed to take a strip of tape out of.

Skipped a week due to hazardous winter driving conditions last week.

623 Series: 200-228-195

Game 1 I made 8 good shots and a few bad ones. Kept things clean until the 8th...and I can't complain about a 200-game.

Game 2 I started out with the front 5. Got the 6th shot a little outside and left a 2-7-8 split...which I couldn't convert. Ended with X, X, 9 /, 9 / 7...which was my high game in the league thus far.

Game 3 I needed a 217 to beat my high series in the league. Started off with X, X, 9 /, X, X. But, one of 2 bad shots that game left me with a washout in the 6th and my only open. Needed a double and to stay clean the rest of the way to get that 217...but went 9 /, X, 9 /, 9 / 7.

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 9.09 pins
    Strikes: 51%
    Spares: 78% picked up

Single Pin spares: 100% (9/9)
    Most common single-pin leave: 10-pin (4x)
    Also left a single 2-pin, 4-pin, 6-pin, and 9-pin (2x).

Multiple Pin spares: 40% (2/5)
    Most common multi-pin leave: n/a

Splits: 0% (0/1)

Average over 3 games: 207.67.
    Average had I picked up all single-pin spares: N/A

Used the Aura Mystic all night instead of starting with the Grudge Hybrid. This house just seems to have an oil pattern that breaks down quickly. That means my standard progression was getting to the Fortera Exile (skid/flip ball meant for carry down) before there was any carry down....which makes it a worse option versus a better option. By starting with the Aura Mystic...moving a couple boards right with my target and a board in with my feet...I can get a pretty good line at the pocket. If I need to ball down, I'll try to ball down to the Rhino Gold until I experience carry down...THEN I can take out the Fortera Exile if needed.

Played the 1st place team and they haven't lost a point in two weeks...14-0 coming in. We managed to take 2...but they were still too much for us to handle...especially with one guy absent.

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post

Skipped a week due to hazardous winter driving conditions last week.

623 Series: 200-228-195

Game 1 I made 8 good shots and a few bad ones. Kept things clean until the 8th...and I can't complain about a 200-game.

Game 2 I started out with the front 5. Got the 6th shot a little outside and left a 2-7-8 split...which I couldn't convert. Ended with X, X, 9 /, 9 / 7...which was my high game in the league thus far.

Game 3 I needed a 217 to beat my high series in the league. Started off with X, X, 9 /, X, X. But, one of 2 bad shots that game left me with a washout in the 6th and my only open. Needed a double and to stay clean the rest of the way to get that 217...but went 9 /, X, 9 /, 9 / 7.

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 9.09 pins
    Strikes: 51%
    Spares: 78% picked up

Single Pin spares: 100% (9/9)
    Most common single-pin leave: 10-pin (4x)
    Also left a single 2-pin, 4-pin, 6-pin, and 9-pin (2x).

Multiple Pin spares: 40% (2/5)
    Most common multi-pin leave: n/a

Splits: 0% (0/1)

Average over 3 games: 207.67.

Used the Aura Mystic all night instead of starting with the Grudge Hybrid. This house just seems to have an oil pattern that breaks down quickly. That means my standard progression was getting to the Fortera Exile (skid/flip ball meant for carry down) before there was any carry down....which makes it a worse option versus a better option. By starting with the Aura Mystic...moving a couple boards right with my target and a board in with my feet...I can get a pretty good line at the pocket. If I need to ball down, I'll try to ball down to the Rhino Gold until I experience carry down...THEN I can take out the Fortera Exile if needed.

Played the 1st place team and they haven't lost a point in two weeks...14-0 coming in. We managed to take 2...but they were still too much for us to handle...especially with one guy absent.
    Congrats on a good night bud, it's good to see you rolling well
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    Congrats on a good night bud, it's good to see you rolling well
    You may have spoken too soon....

...I was just thinking about you (Amyers) tonight...wondered where you disappeared to.

506 Series: 189-147-170

Like last week...did pretty well in Game 1...just made a couple bad shots that led to opens.

Also...like last week...Game 2 was a disappointment...which is an under-statement. Threw a turkey in the 10th just to salvage a 147. Five opens and 4 spares.

Once I kinda figured things out in the 10th with the Aura Mystic....I did okay in the first half of Game 3. 8 /, 7 2, X, X, X... But, decided to make a ball change given the last of the three strikes was weak...the ball exiting the deck almost over the 9-pin. Switching the Fortera Exile didn't work... 9 -, 9 /, X, 9 -, 7 2. Actually...not only the exact same score as Game 3...but similar failure with splits, missed single-pins, and opens in the 9th and 10th.

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 8.73 pins
    Strikes: 39%
    Spares: 45% picked up

Single Pin spares: 57% (4/7)
    Most common single-pin leave: 10-pin (3x)
    Also left a single 3-pin, 4-pin (2x), and 7-pin.

Multiple Pin spares: 38% (5/13)
    Most common multi-pin leaves: 6-10 (3x)

Splits: 0% (0/5)

Average over 3 games: 168.67.
    Average had I picked up all single-pin spares: 178.00.

Another night where I was hampered by splits. Also, oddly enough....I was 3 for 3 on 10-pins...missed a 3-pin, 4-pin, and 7-pin.

In the last 3 weeks: 529, 527, 521...now 506. Not trending in the right direction.

After last week's strong showing...I was hoping for a repeat effort. Last week we played the 1st place team...this week the 2nd place team.

570 Series: 166-158-246 (clean)

Game 1 I had problems with splits. A 2-4-10 in the 6th and a pocket 8-10 in the 8th.

Game 2 I tried to ball down to the Rhino Gold...thinking maybe the Aura Mystic was burning up...losing energy. Seemed like when I moved left...I'd hit light...but if I moved right...I'd go through the nose. So, I figured the Rhino Gold...on a similar line...maybe even a more aggressive line...would be the answer. Unfortunately...I think I was just too far right...almost at 1st arrow...and I couldn't ge the "up and in" shot to work. Another 2-4-10 split in the 1st frame and a 3-9-10 split in the 10th certainly didn't help things. I switched to the Fortera Exile in the 8th frame but had to adjust my line left.

Game 3 I was dialed in with the Fortera Exile: X, X, X, X, X, X, X to start. Unfortunately, I slipped on my approach in the 8th and guttered. I converted and then struck in the 9th. Still had a shot at a 270...would have been my highest sanctioned game...but I went through the nose and left a 6-pin. So, after the front 7 I finished with a - /, X, 9 / 6.

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 8.59 pins
    Strikes: 46%
    Spares: 62% picked up

Single Pin spares: 100% (7/7)
    Most common single-pin leave: 2-pin and 6-pin (2x each)
    Also left a single 4-pin, 7-pin, and 8-pin.

Multiple Pin spares: 33% (3/9)
    Most common multi-pin leave: 2-4-10 split (2x)

Splits: 0% (0/4)

Average over 3 games: 190.00.

My old coach used to say that I have the ability to be an upper 190s average bowler. I think her exact working was, "There's no reason you shouldn't be averaging in the mid to upper 190s." And, I can see what she meant. When I exhibit good form...timing...etc...; I can make very good shots. If I can couple that with a 75-89% single-pin spare shooting rate...the mid to upper 190s isn't that significant. I just gotta figure out how to do that.

Las week I bowled very, very well on Friday night...one frame per game away from a clean series and I bowled my highest score to that date. Now, I've topped that high game a week later...almost striking the front 9...something I don't think I've accomplished yet in my career.

I need to keep this momentum going on Fridays...no more 147 games. And I need to do better on Thursdays.

High Roller
    Chats: 0

Good ending to the night! I have the same issue. I 'should' be a 200-210 bowler if I could just make my single pin spares. I'm only at about a 55% spare lately. Averaging about 6 or 7 opens a night lately. Thats an easy 50 pins per night better even if I still leave a couple of opens. Thats 15-18 pins higher average per game. Spares can be a killer
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    You may have spoken too soon....

...I was just thinking about you (Amyers) tonight...wondered where you disappeared to.
    I've been suffering from kidney failure and some other medical issues Unfortunately here lately so I'm off bowling for now planning on starting back this summer hopefully I'll be fully back for fall league next year. I still pop on here every now and the then to check on everyone. I miss it but at least I'm alive.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    I've been suffering from kidney failure and some other medical issues Unfortunately here lately so I'm off bowling for now planning on starting back this summer hopefully I'll be fully back for fall league next year. I still pop on here every now and the then to check on everyone. I miss it but at least I'm alive.
    My girlfriend is going through the same thing right now. Just got on a transplant list. The last year has literally been hell....
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-289; high series-739

Page 197 of 225 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198199200201207 ... LastLast