Page 1 of 225 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Aslan's Scores (of the non-lady kind)

Chats: 204

Post Aslan's Scores (of the non-lady kind)

I guess I was supposed to start my own thread...oops.

TIME MACHINE!!!
    8-30-2013

135-128-115-144-177
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Pyramid Force Pearl; (: .) Brunswick Rhino Gold; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 15.5mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

TIME MACHINE!
    9-2-2013
    Cosmic Bowling
    116-126-212
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Pyramid Force Pearl; (: .) Brunswick Rhino Gold; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    Ball Speed: 15.5mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Practice tonight.

432 Series: 159-137-136
    then
    448 Series: 153-158-137

On the POSITIVE side...:
    1) An asian girl bowling next to me said, "You're really good, you're a pro right?"
    I was so shocked at the question that I just stared at her awkwardly and she eventually smiled and walked away.
    2) I shot 6 games, all over my average...and raised my average 1 pin to a 128.

On the NEGATIVE side...:
    1) My ball reactivity is GONE....what BS!! I roll 5-6 weeks and now that damn ball is going straight. I deep cleaned it, even gave it a little rubbing with a 1200 grit sandpaper...nothing. Just a little flare. I went from standing left of 1 dot from the middle to standing one board left from middle. BULLsheet...it's BULLSheet I tell ya!
    2) No clean games...no 525+ series...no scores of 170 much less 190s-200s. Again...BULL sheet!
    Last edited by Aslan; 09-04-2013 at 02:31 PM.

Spent the early AM passing a few kidney stones...so I stayed home from work today. By 10:30AM I was bored so I went to the alley:

433 Series: 113-145-175
    then
    412 Series: 119-122-171
    then
    a 156 game.

Despite a few games in the 110-125 range...which was irritating...and despite that 171 ONLY being that low because I literally missed a 10-pin spare FOUR TIMES!!!....I DID raise my average another point.

394 Series: 165-112-117

Then 2 games: 160 and 96

Rare...just..."rare". First of all, I rarely ever start out strong then finish bad. And I haven't thrown under 105 in about 2 months. My line and targets seemed good...but I was trying to generate hook and it was making my follow-through too "sideways" versus vertical.

And since I was aiming just right of the second arrow (versus just left)...trying to take a better angle into the head pin...I must have thrown...12? balls in the gutter on the first roll?? The first game started out -/ The last game started out - 9, - 9. Lots of 7 2s...lots of S8 1s. A damn nightmare.

Yet...in a shocking display of inconsistency/mathematics...I somehow managed to bowl a 130 average...1 pin above my current average. Crazy.

First Night of Thursday Fun League with Bunny!

349 Series: 147-115-87

Obviously the 1st night is the night you want to do badly...and I knew I'd struggle having never bowled at that lanes and not being used to synthetic lane surfaces...but I have to say I was NOT happy with the 87. No excuse for that. The 115...I was okay with. I figured I'd finish strong in the final game like I usually do...and what a disaster.

Since I ended on such a bad note and need the practice on the synthetic lanes, I stayed afterwards and bowled a few quick games:

407 Series: 130-151-126

I think during league play I was standing way too far right...aiming middle...too much of a straight line shot. So if my ball didn't move...I hit too far to the right...if it moved at all prematurely, I'd go left. During practice I moved back to the left where I usually stand. Still had to aim more middle due to the synthetic lanes, but standing left helped. Also worked on getting DOWN more...not standing straight up and lofting the ball. And worked on my release to try to get some reaction on the backend. Hopefully week 1 was just an aberration. We played a very, very beatable team tonight and even though it seemed like nearly every team was going sandbaggapalooza...we still should have been able to win the first week against what was likely the worst team.

But...had fun...THANKS BUNNY FOR INVITING ME!!
    Last edited by Aslan; 09-13-2013 at 11:42 AM.

Chats: 36

Okay now, nobody wants to do badly - but if you are going to do badly, do it on night one...

Jay
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    IN THE BAG > RG -Hyper Cell Fused, Menace; Storm -Code Black, Reign of Power, Lock; [COLOR=#006400;,Track - Hx-10, [B]"
    High Game/High Series - 299(2)/300(13)/856 (Elmira, NY in 1980); Member of Corning, NY Junior Bowling HOF.
    Tweener; PAP= 4.75 over x .75 up/Tilt 10 degrees/Axis of rotation 40 degrees/Revs = 368 and speed is 16.86 MPH average.

Quote Originally Posted by The German Shepherd View Post
    Okay now, nobody wants to do badly - but if you are going to do badly, do it on night one...

Jay
    Yes sir. Had that been week 2-12...I'd be drilling a new ball before next week or at least spending literally every day at the lanes practicing, starting from scratch, the whole approach/release...everything. Low 400s I can live with...everyone has an off night....it's still above my average technically. But when you can't even break 350...I mean, you might as well just quit and go for a run or play a round of golf or something...because it just aint happenin.

ANd it's about FUN...don't get me wrong. And I had LOTS of fun...but when you roll a sub-115 game...or don't break 100...it sucks all the FUN out of it like a high powered vacuum. The last game...was NOT having fun. I saved my cursing for when the league left and I was by myself practicing...and tried not to curse loud enough for people 2-3 lanes over to hear me...but those final 3 practice games I was letting myself know I was NOT happy with the results.

Thanks for coming out Aslan! I had a great time. Don't let that other team fool you. That old dude consistantly rolls in the 200's. I just want to bowl my best and have fun. I'm so happy to be able to bowl! The lanes are tough at Carter and so much different than the wood at Concourse. You'll go back to Concourse at kick ***, watch.

Chats: 256

Aslan, just keep the attitude of it being fun and you will be fine. Like you said, we all have off nights.

One of my Thursday league partners that I have bowled with for 9 years now has an interesting delivery of the ball which makes his ball hook way too much for a house shot and he will typically have at least 1 game below 100 a week it seems. He can't control the hook and won't listen to anyone telling him what to change to stop his delivery. He doesn't care what his scores are really and is just out to have fun with me and the rest of our team. On occasion he will be on and score in high 100's or even a low 200, but then he'll drop 100+ pins to that game the next time up. Last night he had 2 games under 100 and we s a team still took 3 games total.

In the past this was my only league bowled so I would take his less than stellar performances and get pissed off etc., but in the end what did that achieve other than getting me frustrated? Nothing. Now, I have fun on this league again as I have an outlet that is more competitive on my Tuesday league where I am serious but still have fun with some other guys from my Thursday league who are also competitive.

Only reason I am rambling is to tell you to not get discouraged. Keep at it and learn a little something each week and apply it the next week to see some improvement. I say a little something as if you try to change too many things at a time, you will only end up hurting your game. KISS(Keep It Simple Stupid) is what I always tell my team mates. Small adjustments go a long way to getting the ball to the pocket.

Best of luck to you on the lanes.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Page 1 of 225 123451151101 ... LastLast