Wednesday Night Established Men's League

Week 34

Final night. We ended up tied for 2nd place...a half point out of 1st. This week was only gonna be for average. I was all ready to throw the Endeavor all 3 games...but then I found out it was $5 hands of cards (usually $1) which gave me more incentive to do well.

508 Series: 137-187-184

X, 8 1, 9 -, X, 7 /, X, S8 /, 6 2, S5 2, 9 -.
Pretty much...everything that could go wrong, went wrong. Pushed a couple shots, pulled a shot. But, in fairness, I also crushed the pocket twice and was left with a 10-pin and an 8-pin...both of which I missed.

S7 /, X, 9 /, S8 1, 9 /, X, X, 9 /, 9 /, XXX.
Switched to the Scorpion Sting in the 9th of Game 1. My line must have been slightly 'off' (1:1 right of where I should have been) or I must have adjusted too much to the right when I balled down...because, in frames 2-4 I left a 4-pin, 4-pin, and 4-9 split. Was able to adjust and started getting good results...but made a couple "so-so" shots in the 8th and 9th...paid a heavy price with a big-4 in the 8th.

S8 1, X, 6 /, S8 1, 9 /, X, 9 -, 9 /, X, XXX.
Made a bad shot in the 3rd...but essentially made good shots the rest of the game. I'd crush the pocket and leave a 10-pin, 9-pin, 4-9 split, and 8-10 split. Even the other team was starting to feel sorry for me. I'm crushing the pocket and I can't buy a strike!

PinPal Stats:
First Ball Average: 8.88 pins
Strikes: 47%
Spares: 38% picked up

Single Pin spares: 50% (4/8)
Most common single-pin leave: 10-pin (3x).
Also left a single 4-pin (2x), 5-pin, 8-pin, and 9-pin.

Makeable spares: 50% (6/12)
Multiple Pin spares: 50% (2/4)
Most common multi-pin leave: 4-9 split (2x)

Splits: 16% (1/6)

Average over 3 games: 169.33.
Average had I picked up all single-pin spares: 184.00.

Positives
- I actually 'felt' like I bowled much better than the score indicates.

Negatives
- Spare shooting, spare shooting, spare shooting...
- Lost $15-$20 in the card game rather than the usual $5-$10.

Still haven't used the Endeavor in league play. But, I did get to use the Outer Limits Pearl for awhile in the 3rd game. It definitely has a ton of backend. Gonna need to move a little left of where I'd move for the Force Pearl.