Page 225 of 225 FirstFirst ... 125175215221222223224225
Results 2,241 to 2,246 of 2246

Thread: Aslan's Scores (of the non-lady kind)

Chats: 204

Wednesday Night Established Men's League

Week 29

Still in first place, but only because the 2nd place team is struggling almost as much as we are. I had been home sick with a sinus illness for the past two days, but felt well enough to bowl...sort of.

479 Series: 168-164-147

X, 7 /, X, S8 1, X, X, X, 6 3, 9 -, 7 -.
    Wow. Felt good. Let like I was making good shots. But, the lanes were playing very dry and I kept having to move left...much deeper than I usually play. Missed a 6-pin in the 9th which destroyed my score and my confidence.

7 2, X, X, 8 /, 6 1, S8 -, 8 /, 9 /, 8 1, XXX.
    Switched to the Scorpion Sting (SS) for game 2....and thought that would help...because I usually have to adjust right when I switch from the Trident Odyssey to the SS. But...struggles with multi-pin spares forced me to strike out in the 10th just to salvage a 'bad' score.

6 2, X, 9 -, X, 8 1, 9 /, 8 /, 8 /, S8 1, X 9 /.
    Same problems as Game 1. Kept having to move left to counter the lane conditions...and was well inside my usual comfort zone. Switched to the Rhino Gold in the 8th...again moving right to adjust for the weaker surface on that ball; but nothing. Too many opens, too few strikes....means I throw my 7th lowest scoring game in this league.

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 8.67 pins
    Strikes: 39%
    Spares: 40% picked up

Single Pin spares: 60% (3/5)
    Most common single-pin leave: 4-pin (2x)
    Also left a single 3-pin, 6-pin, and 10-pin.

Makeable spares: 47% (8/17)
    Multiple Pin spares: 41% (5/12)
    Most common multi-pin leave: 2-5, 2-4-5, 3-9, 2-4-7-8 (2x each)

Splits: 0% (0/3)

Average over 3 games: 159.67.
    Average had I picked up all single-pin spares: 166.33.

Positives
    - ????

Negatives
    - Team lost 3 out of 4...again. That's 3 of 16 over the past 4 weeks. We're still in 1st, but that's only because the 2nd place team only could manage one point as well.
    - A sub-40% strike rate is abysmal.
    - Really struggled on the left-side with multi-pin leaves. Maybe because I'm not used to shooting those as much.

Just one of those nights. Maybe bowling sick had something to do with it...I dunno.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Pyramid Force Pearl; (: .) Brunswick Rhino Gold; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 185; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 15.5mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    When the ball isn’t carrying it’s easy for the brain to switch from if “I stand here and hit my target I will make this spare” to “Oh no, I have to make this spare”.
    Sounds like my second game last night…. 6-8 counts on the first 7 frames, the “oh no I have to make this spare” thought happened quite a lot on some tough shots. Somehow struck in the 8th, and finished off solid 181 clean game lol.

Week 30

Still hanging on to first place...about 4.5 points ahead of the 2nd place team...who are also struggling.

517 Series: 168-170-179

X, S7 -, X, X, X, 9 -, 7 2, S8 -, 9 /, 8 /X.
    I wasn't as consistent as I have been, and it seemed like any minor miss or difference in hand position and I wasn't going to strike and seemed to get a maximum penalty (splits) each time I did miss.

X, 9 -, 9 -, 7 1, X, X, 9 /, 6 /, X, 8 /X.
    It wasn't a terrible game, but missing 2 straight 10-pins early on just angered me to no end. Switched to the Scorpion Sting (SS) and moved right to see if I could get a better line in the 6-9 area (vs 9-12 area). But, it wasn't all carry...I was pulling shots and just wasn't 'clicking'.

8 /, X, X, X, 7 2, X, S8 1, X 9 /, S7 2.
    Stuck with the SS for all of game 3. Not a terrible game, but the splits continued to come and really hit me hard in the 10th.

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 8.91 pins
    Strikes: 46%
    Spares: 41% picked up

Single Pin spares: 50% (3/6)
    Most common single-pin leave: 7-pin and 10-pin. (2x each)
    Also left a single 2-pin and 6-pin.

Makeable spares: 53% (7/13)
    Multiple Pin spares: 57% (4/7)
    Most common multi-pin leave: 3-9 (2x)

Splits: 0% (0/4)

Average over 3 games: 172.33.
    Average had I picked up all single-pin spares: 181.67.

Positives
    - The pinpal numbers are better. It's one of those nights where you "feel" like you bowled terribly, but you actually did "okay".

Negatives
    - Team lost all 4. That's 3 of 20 over the past 5 weeks.
    - Too many missed single-pins...again.

Really upset with myself. We bowled a good team that was mostly young 2-handers...one of whom actually is a coworker of mine. And I just embarrass myself. And the team is in serious jeopardy of losing the top spot if we can't get our acts together.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Pyramid Force Pearl; (: .) Brunswick Rhino Gold; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    Ball Speed: 15.5mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

This season (2 leagues) can really be divided like this:

First 10 games: Finding form and timing after spending more than a year away from bowling while also dealing with injuries.
    Average (series): 181 (545)
    Line: Up and in just inside/outside 2nd arrow.
    Ball Speed: 12-14mph

Next 26 games: Form and timing are "back", but still dealing with injury issues.
    Average (series): 188 (565)
    Line: Up and in just inside 2nd arrow.
    Ball Speed: 12-14mph

Next 15 games: Form and timing back to 'decent' and bowling somewhat "injury-free".
    Average (series): 191 (575)
    Line: Developed a slightly more angular shot. Standing left of center and aiming just inside 2nd arrow.
    Ball Speed: 12-16mph

Last 6 games: End of season slump.
    Average (series): 178 (536)
    Line: Developed a slightly more angular shot. Standing left of center and aiming just inside 2nd arrow.
    Ball Speed: 15-18mph

Not sure what is causing the current slump. I've had to straighten my line (just a little) because my speed is up, even with my shortened approach. It almost seems like the worse I'm doing, the harder I am trying...leading to worse results.

Sunday Night Established Mixed League

Week 30

Skipped last week because I had to go to the hospital Thursday and my car was still at work. We're battling a team for 2nd, but the 1st place team is starting to pull away. I currently hold the #1 position in handicap series with something like an 869.

536 Series: 195-150-191

Had a good line in practice, standing about 26 and targeting just inside 2nd arrow. But, once the match started, I was consistently hitting the pocket; but no carry (again). I made all 3 single-pin spares, but chopped a 2-5 in the 6th and a baby split in the 8th.
    9 /, 9 /, X, 9 /, X, 8 1, X, S8 1, X, XXX.

Was hoping to stick with the Trident Odyssey a little longer, but had to make the move to the Scorpion Sting (SS) in the 2nd frame. And, this game, the single-pin spare conversions just weren't there. . A big 4 in the 10th was the final bullet.
    8 -, X, 9 /, X, 9 -, X, 9 -, 9 /, X, S6 2.

Stuck with SS for the first two frames. Debated whether to move to the dry and throw the Vintage Rhino Gold, but decided to take out the Pyramid Force. Good ball movement, continued to hammer the pocket, but the carry just wasn't there. Chopped a left side 3/4 bucket in the 2nd frame and barely missed converting the 6-10 in the 9th.
    X, 7 1, X, X, 9 /, X, 9 /, X, 8 -, XXX.

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 9.29 pins
    Strikes: 55%
    Spares: 46% picked up

Single Pin spares: 77% (4/9)
    Most common single-pin leaves: 10-pin (4x)
    Also left a single 5-pin, 7-pin, and 4-pin (3x).

Makeable spares: 53% (7/13)
    Multiple Pin spares: 0% (0/4)
    Most common multi-pin leave: 6-10 (2x)

Splits: 0% (0/2)

Average over 3 games: 178.67.
    Average had I picked up all single-pin spares: 186.33.

Positives
    - Form felt good.
    - Knees and Achilles felt fine.
    - Me striking out in the 10th of Game 3 set the team up for squeaking out at least one point on the night.

Negatives
    - Third straight week, in this league, of dealing with bad carry.
    - Even though single-pin conversion was okay overall, I can't afford to miss so many makable spares when I'm struggling to run strikes together.
    - Team only managed 1 point, so we may be saying goodbye to any hopes of taking first place.

Numbers were very similar to 2 weeks ago. Just still in some kind of end of season slump. These scores weren't terrible...just rather unlucky that I had a split in the 9th of one game and the 10th of another game. I don't know if my line is too aggressive, my speed is elevated, or I have too much surface on my balls.

Week 31

Still hanging on to first place...about 3.5 points ahead of the 2nd place team...who have also been struggling.

490 Series: 181-136-173

9 /, S7 2, 8 1, X, 9 /, X, X, X, 9 -, X 9 -.
    Had a decent line in practice...but couldn't maintain it very long. Ended up using the Trident Odyssey on the left lane and the Scorpion Sting (SS) on right lane. Not ideal, and I rarely do that, but I just couldn't get any carry standing 26-30 and targeting 9-11. So, I moved right and used the weaker SS...but it didn't really help much.

X, 5 4, X, 6 3, X, X, 8 1, 9 -, 6 -, 9 -.
    Just...wow. Chopped on 3 multi-pin leaves and whiffed on the 4th. Barely missed a 6-pin in the 8th and a 5-pin in the 10th. What an embaraasing disaster. Switched to the Rhino Gold (RG) for the first 5 frames...switched to the Force Pearl (FP) in the 6th. Abysmal spare shooting.

X, X, 7 2, 7 /, X, 9 -, 8 /, 8 /, 7 /, 9 /S6.
    Decided to just use the RG and play a less aggressive angle. There wasn't enough carrydown to use the FP...and if there isn't enough carrydown...that ball makes insanely hard turns (for a symmetric core). But, the RG has never carried well for me...so, a ton of weak leaves to deal with.

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 8.59 pins
    Strikes: 37%
    Spares: 36% picked up

Single Pin spares: 37% (3/8)
    Most common single-pin leave: 10-pin. (2x)
    Never left a single 1-pin, 3-pin, nor 9-pin.

Makeable spares: 38% (7/18)
    Multiple Pin spares: 40% (4/10)
    Most common multi-pin leave: 3-6 (2x)

Splits: 0% (0/1)

Average over 3 games: 163.33.
    Average had I picked up all single-pin spares: 177.00.

Positives
    N/A

Negatives
    Everything...or nearly everything.
    - One of the worst 5 games I've thrown in this league.
    - One of the worst 5 series I've thrown in this league.
    - The other team was absent, which screws up my progression because there's only 3 people bowling on my line.
    - I got completely *****ed on at least 2-3 shots. A stone 8 in the 1st frame of game 1. A solid hit in the 6th of game 3 that left a 7-pin. A great shot in the 10th of game 3...left a 4-pin that wobbled and wobbled but didn't fall.
    - No card game wins.
    - Don't know if the team is getting any points, but we're not getting all 4 since we didn't bowl our average at LEAST one game.

As my knees and achilles have gotten better, I've been able to improve my timing...which has led me to have to move left. When I first started in this league, I was standing around 18-20 and targeting 7-10 at the arrows. As I've gotten more and more hand and leverage into my shot, I've had to adjust that line to standing 26-29 and targeting that same 7-10 area at the arrows. If I try to move right and throw my current shot, it hooks to the left side of the headpin. But, if I don't get enough hand in the ball standing where I presently stand, I'm gonna miss the headpin to the right.

Gonna fiddle with the ball surfaces again. I think I have too much surface (500) on the SS...which is causing it to limp into the pocket and not make it through to the back of the pin deck without deflecting. I'm also (fingers crossed) going to be getting a couple new balls this weekend. Gonna replace the Rhino Gold with a Brunswick Endeavor. Not a ball I use very often...dry lane conditions kinda thing. But, it should have a little more kick to it than the Rhino Gold. And, gonna finally retire the Force Pearl and replace it with a Radical Outer Limits Pearl. As much as I loved my Force Pearl, I gotta replace it eventually...and I've had good experiences with Radical. I'll still be primarily using the Trident Odyssey and Scorpion Sting...but the Outer Limits Pearl should get a fair amount of Game 3 usage.

The only good things about the other team being absent is I didn't embarass myself in front of 2-3 of the better bowlers in the league.

Page 225 of 225 FirstFirst ... 125175215221222223224225