Page 212 of 225 FirstFirst ... 112162202208209210211212213214215216222 ... LastLast
Results 2,111 to 2,120 of 2245

Thread: Aslan's Scores (of the non-lady kind)

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Nice night!
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-289; high series-739

Chats: 204

Tuesday Men's League: THS

Week 6

571 Series: 222-180-169

Started off on a bad note with a missed 10-pin. Had a 4-bagger before experiencing transition and made the move to the Optimus Solid in the 9th.
    9 /, 9 /, 9 /, X, 9 -, 8 1, 6 /, X, X, 9 / 6.

Then it was a combination of bad shots and bad carry before I finally made the move to the Fortera Exile in the 6th. But, I had trouble finding my line. Adjusted a bit right when I should have just made a slight vertical adjustment...and made some bad shots = bad score.
    9 /, 9 /, 9 /, X, 9 -, 8 1, 6 /, X, X, 9 / 6.

More inconsistent shooting...and a bad spare shot in the 9th.
    9 /, X, X, 6 3, 9 -, 9 /, 9 /, X, 9 -, X 7 2.

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 8.94 pins
    Strikes: 39%
    Spares: 63% picked up

Single Pin spares: 69% (9/13)
    Most common single-pin leave: 10-pin (6x)
    Never left a single 1-pin, 3-pin, 4-pin, nor 8-pin.

Multiple Pin spares: 50% (3/6)
    Most common multi-pin leave: n/a

Splits: 0% (0/1)

Average over 3 games: 190.33.
    Average had I picked up all single-pin spares: 204.67.

Ughhh! Tough night from a carry stand-point. And spare shooting was only so-so.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Pyramid Force Pearl; (: .) Brunswick Rhino Gold; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 15.5mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

County Wide Boys: THS
    New Synthetic Over Old Wood Lanes

Once again asked to sub. After tonight, may never get asked to sub by any team in the 5-county wide area.

391 Series: 141-110-140

Same as last week. Struggled to find a line that worked. Tried a new approach to shooting single corner pins...didn't work.
    8 -, X, 8 /, 8 1, 9 -, 8 1, X, - /, 9 -, 7 / X.

Switched to the Optimus Solid in the 10th frame of Game 1...thought that might be the answer. Nope! Worst game I've thrown in a LONG time!
    X, 7 2, 9 -, 7 2, 9 /, 7 -, 7 2, 7 /, 6 -, 7 2.

Switched to the Fortera Exile. Still a disaster...just managed to pick up a few spares this time.
    8 -, 9 /, 9 -, 6 /, 7 2, 7 /, 9 /, 8 /, 8 /, 6 1.

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 7.74 pins
    Strikes: 12%
    Spares: 40% picked up

Single Pin spares: 42% (3/7)
    Most common single-pin leave: 10-pin (3x)
    Also left single 2-pin, 3-pin, 4-pin, and 9-pin.

Multiple Pin spares: 40% (8/20)
    Most common multi-pin leave: 1-2, 2-4-5, and 6-9-10 (2x each).

Splits: 0% (0/4)

Average over 3 games: 130.33.
    Average had I picked up all single-pin spares: 141.67.

There's nothing to say here that won't get me kicked off the site for foul language and profanity.

If I ever bowl like this again, the only "good thing" to come of it is that it's going to move me that much closer to either going to Camp Bakkes or to the IRTC in Arlington. I don't have the $4,000...but I'll start putting money away each month into an account...even if I have to just quit bowling and put the money I would spend bowling into the training fund. I figure it'll cost $3,965 for Camp Bakes and $3,970 for a few days of lessons down in Arlington at the ITRC. I could take 2 years off bowling leagues and put $40 a week in an account.

And THIS is why I argue so much with Rob about the inside line.

On a normal night...I start out aiming 8-board and standing about 18-19.
    By the end of the night...5-man league...10 bowlers...I end up aiming 10-11 and standing 21-22.

Last night I started aiming 10-11 and standing 22-23.
    By the end of the night, I was aiming 17-18 and standing 33-36.

And you see the results. I bowled like a kid off the street. You could have grabbed some 6-year old, rented em shoes, gave em a plastic dragon ramp and a 9lb house ball and they'd have probably struck the same 12%. And to make it worse...I did it as a SUB. ****ing the bed as a regular is one thing. But as a SUB...you're a gun for hire. And if your gun doesn't work...you may as well never come back. Nobody wants a guy with a 155 average stinking up their roster.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Pyramid Force Pearl; (: .) Brunswick Rhino Gold; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    Ball Speed: 15.5mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Blog Entries
    Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    County Wide Boys: THS
    If I ever bowl like this again, the only "good thing" to come of it is that it's going to move me that much closer to either going to Camp Bakkes or to the IRTC in Arlington. I don't have the $4,000...but I'll start putting money away each month into an account...even if I have to just quit bowling and put the money I would spend bowling into the training fund. I figure it'll cost $3,965 for Camp Bakes and $3,970 for a few days of lessons down in Arlington at the ITRC. I could take 2 years off bowling leagues and put $40 a week in an account.
    If you haven't already, there's a book and DVD by Mark Baker you can check out. I've bought both and it really helped me transform my game and become more consistent. Only thing is that it will take some time to change your game. It's not advised to work on more than one thing at the same time. The best part is you don't change your game completely, you just incorporate his findings into your game. It's a lot cheaper and you could improve your game in the 2 years you would stop bowling.

Book: The Game Changer
    DVD: The System

Quote Originally Posted by Cdolcejr View Post
    If you haven't already, there's a book and DVD by Mark Baker you can check out. I've bought both and it really helped me transform my game and become more consistent. Only thing is that it will take some time to change your game. It's not advised to work on more than one thing at the same time. The best part is you don't change your game completely, you just incorporate his findings into your game. It's a lot cheaper and you could improve your game in the 2 years you would stop bowling.

Book: The Game Changer
    DVD: The System
    I have the DVD and took private lessons from Mark for over a year.

The only downside to the video is the need to videotape yourself.

I go to the point in the video where I needed to analyze my swing and my daughter came with me to video me...but she didn't stand in exactly the right places and it was dark in there. I couldn't see exactly what I was "supposed to" see. And then my laptop died and I could only afford this cheap replacement with no memory near what I'd need to analyze swing videos.

I was hoping, once finances settled down, to use The System as a sort of substitute for coaching but getting a good video camera and tripod and comparing my approach to the video. But, right now I went from having a no tripod, a decent camera, and a barely suitable computer...to no suitable computer, no tripod, and I lost my camera. So, I kinda went backwards. And that whole DVD is video dependent.

Once I find my camera, that'll be a start. I have NO IDEA where I put it. I stashed it somewhere out of the way and I remember thinking, "Now, remember where you put it...because otherwise you'll forget and won't be able to find it"...well, I was right. I'm due for an upgrade on my cell phone. If I upgrade the cell phone 'enough'...maybe I won't need to find the camera or get a better computer. I'll still need the tripod though. And I can't just get an old cheap one at Goodwill...I'll have to get one that holds a smartphone.

Week 7

657 Series: 245-254 (clean)-158

Strong first game, but nothing spectacular. To be honest, 2-3 strikes were Brooklyn.
    X, X, 9 -, X, X, 9 /, X, X, X, X X 9.

Best game in quite awhile. Had to deal with the pressure of the front 7 AND my teammates giving me **poo**; which was distracting. A couple of the strikes were Brooklyn and one was through the nose...so it wasn't perfect. I guess it was good that I left the 10-pin in the 9th because it allowed me to switch balls without facing what would have been a much tougher decision had it been a weak strike. But, the Optimus Solid barely carried the strike in the 10th as well.
    X, X, X, X, X, X, X, 7 /, 9 /, X 8 -.

Switched to the Exile in Game 3. Figured I'd have a real good shot at my first 700 series with my best ball in my hand going into the Game 3.
    9 -, 9 /, X, 9 /, 9 /, 8 1, 8 /, 7 /, 7 2, 9 / X.

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 9.29 pins
    Strikes: 55%
    Spares: 64% picked up

Single Pin spares: 75% (6/8)
    Most common single-pin leave: 10-pin (2x)
    Never left a single 1-pin, 2-pin, nor 8-pin.

Multiple Pin spares: 60% (3/5)
    Most common multi-pin leave: n/a

Average over 3 games: 219.00.
    Average had I picked up all single-pin spares: 226.33.

And there it is. A MASSIVE improvement over last Thursday...but...I can't get across that 700-game finish ;

Nice shooting except the last game. I would have had a hard time switching balls with 499 after 2. Still a decent night. Steve
    Current arsenal...Roto Grip Nuclear Cell, Hustle PBR, Roto Grip Gem, Idle Helios and Own It Spare. 300 rev rate, 16 mph off hand, 13.3 tilt,61 degrees rotation pap 4 9/16 over 1 1/8 up.

Quote Originally Posted by SRB57 View Post
    Nice shooting except the last game. I would have had a hard time switching balls with 499 after 2. Still a decent night. Steve
    Actually, I switched balls twice.

I switched to the Optimus after leaving a flat 10-pin in the 9th frame of Game 2. But, the strike in the 10th was weak...the Optimus deflected and barely carried it...so even though I pulled my second shot in the 10th (which told me nothing)...I decided it was time to get out the Exile to give me more pop on the backend. Normally the Exile comes out late in Game 2/early in Game 3 anyways...so it was probably time.

Had the Optimus carried better on that first strike...I'd have given it a shot in Game 3. That might have been the better play. It's hard to say. I actually made some bad shots in Game 3...so it wasn't all the ball's fault. I made more than a couple big misses right that barely made it back. And each time I got penalized pretty hard with things like a 5-10 and a 1-2-10.

By the time I adjusted due to running into some traffic around the and arrow...factor in 4-5 bad shots...2-3 frames of dealing with my own transition...it doesn't leave much for just settling in and making good shots. I have better third games when I make the switch late in Game 2 and can get a couple adjustments out of the way then.

And...the mental exhaustion was setting in...knowing I needed 201...knowing it was slipping away frame by frame. Then knowing I needed 191 to beat my high series...and watching that immediately disappear. The night went from me winning the high game side pot, getting the front 7, winning a second high game side pot...probably only the first or second time I've won 2 in one night.........then I'm sitting there with our team losing Game 3 and me with still no 700 series to my name nor even a 690.

Week 8

529 Series: 161-200-168

9 /, X, 8 /, 9 -, X, 8 1, X, X, 8 1, 7 2.

Thought I solved my problems with a ball change in frame 2...but; nope .
    9 -, 8 1, X, X, X, X, 8 /, 8 1, X, X 8 1.

Switched to the Exile in frame 3 and put together a few strikes...but again lost my line.
    6 3, 9 /, X, X, X, 8 1, 8 1, X, 7 /, 7 -.

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 8.87 pins
    Strikes: 45%
    Spares: 29% picked up

Single Pin spares: 50% (2/4)
    Most common single-pin leave: n/a
    Left a single 2-pin, 3-pin, 5-pin, and 6-pin.

Multiple Pin spares: 23% (3/13)
    Most common multi-pin leave: 1-2, 1-2-7, and 5-9.

Average over 3 games: 176.33.
    Average had I picked up all single-pin spares: 183.33.

Just a horrible night. I knew it was going to a bad night in practice. I couldn't find my line. And, I literally couldn't find my line all night. I ended up moving left and continuing to move left...and as I've stated previously...once I get outside my comfort zone...there's nothing I can do.

Just a horrible night.
    Last edited by Aslan; 10-20-2021 at 10:48 AM.

Week 9

536 Series: 133-184-219

Worst game of the season. Worst game in this league since my worst ever 115 back on 9/1/2020. No carry, bad spare shooting, opening in the 10th...that combination isn't good in bowling.
    9 /, 8 -, 8 /, 9 -, 9 -, 8 -, 9 /, 6 /, X, 8 -.

Nearly a Dutch-200, but for a spare in the 3rd and being unable to pick-up a 6-10 in the 10th.
    X, 9 /, 9 /, 9 /, X, 8 /, X, 8 /, X, 8 -.

Needed a 285 to salvage a 600-series. I finally started making good shots in the 3rd game...but my line gave out in epic fashion in the 6th frame and stuck me with back-to-back splits...a 6-7 and a Big 4. I finally made a terrible shot in the 10th.
    X, X, X, X, X, 8 1, 6 -, X, X, 9 / 8.

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 8.90 pins
    Strikes: 38%
    Spares: 55% picked up

Single Pin spares: 75% (6/8)
    Most common single-pin leave: 2-pin (3x)
    Also left a single 3-pin (2x), 6-pin, and 7-pin (2x).

Multiple Pin spares: 42% (3/7)
    Most common multi-pin leave: n/a.

Splits: 33% (1/3)

Average over 3 games: 178.67.
    Average had I picked up all single-pin spares: 185.33.

Another horrible night. I almost quit. If I hadn't recovered after the first game debacle...I was ready to be done for good. I don't know what I'm doing wrong...but something is off. My timing or something. And whatever it is...it's making my strike shot and spare shots "off" and making it nearly impossible to bowl a good game. Then, in Game 3...suddenly everything fell back into place...and I have the front 5....strike in 7 of 10 frames. No ball change tonight...stuck with the Optimus Solid from Frame 8 of Game 1 through the end.

Also not sure if I will make it all season from a health perspective. I am having an achilles issue on my non-sliding foot that is starting to cause a good deal of pain when bowling. Not sure why. I think it's the final step where that leg pushes the body forward . I've noticed a painful bump on the back of that Achilles for some time...but figured it was nothing to worry about. I have a similar bump on the back of my right (bowling) arm that is essentially painless and the doctor says is just a cyst from the frequent bowling.

But, recently, I've ended up limping by the end of Game 2. The bump 'may' just be a harmless cyst...or it 'may' be a sign that my Achilles is in danger of rupturing. And, if that happens...I'm out of commission for some time.

Page 212 of 225 FirstFirst ... 112162202208209210211212213214215216222 ... LastLast