Thread: Boomer's Summer 24

Ringer
    Chats: 0

Default Boomer's Summer 24

New team - for summer we're joining another couple. Not quite sure how well that's going to work out. He's pretty chill - good bowler, ONLY down-and-in but if conditions are OK, he makes adjustments and can really score. She is one of those "I hit the pocket, I deserve a strike" kind of persons, with "pocket" defined INCREDIBLY widely. . . LOL We'll see. They're good people. . .

Week 1 - Other team got us to allow a sub for week 1 (kinda strange) because he wanted to bowl with a winter teammate before he left on a cruise or something. THAT was a logistical mistake as the sub went OFF on us . . . it was a fun mistake as that sub is one of THE nice guys so . . .

Not sure what's going on with me. I've been able to get TO the pocket but getting THROUGH the pocket seems to be the issue. Let's start with Mr. Teal . . .

Game 1 - stupid miss first frame, 3-6-7. After that, went OK, couple of heavy hits and missed one 4-pin but otherwise OK for 204. We lost the point by about 20. Their sub was just getting started.
    Game 2 - whiffed a 10. I NEED to change my inserts - way too big. NOT confident in them and it's causing me issues. Game was strike or nothing. . . 188. Lost the point - their sub was hitting it hard now, 259.
    Game 3 - started BAD. I tried to change from Teal to Zen and that was a mistake. I wanted to change to the Trouble-maker but the insert-ring came loose and then I couldn't get the IT in . . . so back to the Teal and clean from 4 on. 184. We lost all four.

Need to get my head in the game or something. . .

Avg: 204
    High Game: 300 (1) -- High Series (785)
    Mr. Teal (Rhino Pro 15#); Zen Master (15#); Trouble Maker (15#); Nova (15#); White Dot (16#)

Kick at the darkness till it bleeds daylight

Ringer

Week 2 - nowhere to go but up. Yep - we started this week as the #18 team out of 18. We take on a brand new team with a 4-person average of 427. For perspective, our 4 person average (with a vacancy) is 717. That will change when my wife starts bowling (she took two weeks off to attend a meeting and then to fight a migraine) - we handed them 261 pins per game. :0

Game 1 - missed TWO 10-pins (one in the 12th so . . .) - this is going to be an ongoing theme. 210. I bowled fine, but our leadoff just couldn't get her head out of . . . well. We lost the point and were down 34.
    Game 2 - clean except for another 10-pin (I DID pick up one in the 9th so . . . small victories?) and punched out in the 10th to roll over the punchout pot. 192 and we won the point and just a tad over even for total.
    Game 3 - AGAIN with the 10-pin. Missed in the second frame. C'mon! - I did pick one up in the 6th. Their anchor (avg 149) bowled out his ARSE, hitting 247. Thankfully our leadoff was bowling her average; our second bowled great and it came to me, in the 10th frame. In my brain I was saying, "OK, this is the JOB, this is entirely what it's to be to be ANCHOR - do the job." We were up 4 and both of us were on a double. Head's up, baby! He went first (I was doing the scores so had an excuse, LOL) and struck. OK - I strike. Good. He then leaves a ring-10 and picks it up. I have to strike and get count - which I do, strike and ring-10. We win the point and total.

Felt good to DO MY JOB. Felt good for the team to stand up, overcome 261 pins of handicap and take 3 points. I think we're a good team and have potential to do something this season.

Now - about those 10-pins.

Mr. Teal (Rhino Pro 15#); Zen Master (15#); Trouble Maker (15#); Nova (15#); White Dot (16#)

Ringer

And we slid again - on a good note, I didn't miss any 10-pins. . . on the other hand it's because I didn't LEAVE any 10-pins, except there be a 7 pin to go with it. . .

Bowled a better team, with an even better sub. We still couldn't get out of our own way.

Game 1 - decided to focus on 10-pins during warm-up and since we shoot a full frame, each, I could then get a look at the pocket. Thought I had a good line but first three frames belied that belief. 3-10 (chopped), 4 (just whizzed by) and 3-4-6-7-10 . . . OK, move 2 boards and we're clean from then on. C'mon Boomer, let's bowl, please? We lost the point.

Game 2 - weird split - 3-4-7. Then blew a 3-6-10 in the 8th, ringing 7-10 in the 9th and a 3-7-10 (weird, right?) in the 10th. 154. But. . . we won the point.

Game 3 - start off good. little high for a 4, turkey, little light for a 4-7, double then a pocket 7-10, double and 4-7 again. 207. Game started close but their sub decided to really REALLY find himself. We lost game in the 8th frame and it was tight to total but it was juuuuust out of my reach.

Chats: 204

Given ya had 7 splits, I'd say ya actually did pretty well.