Page 205 of 225 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205206207208209215 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,050 of 2245

Thread: Aslan's Scores (of the non-lady kind)

Chats: 256

It's been a long time!! Great to see you are still at it Aslan!! Keep it going.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    It's been a long time!! Great to see you are still at it Aslan!! Keep it going.
    I'm like herpes or a sore back...you can't ever get rid of me...ya just gotta learn to live with me.

Second Day of New Arsenal Practice: THS (post-junior league)

186-174-178-228 (clean)

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 8.80 pins
    Strikes: 47%
    Spares: 73% picked up

Single Pin spares: 100% (9/9)
    Most common single-pin leave: 10-pin (5x)
    Also left single 2-pin, 3-pin, 4-pin, and 8-pin.

Multiple Pin spares: 57% (8/14)
    Most common multi-pin leave: 3-6 and 4-7 (2x each).

Splits: 0% (0/2)

Average over 4 games: 191.50.
    Average had I picked up all single-pin spares: n/a

Good practice on better lane conditions. Got to go through all 4 strike balls in order and see what adjustments needed to be made when switching from one to the next.

The Force Pearl looked amazing. I didn't throw it a lot only because I didn't need to. I took it out in the 8th frame of Game 4 and rattled of a 5-bagger to finish off the practice session. And we're not talking weak ones...these were legit, perfect strikes. So, like the Fortera Exile that it is replacing...I think the Force Pearl is gonna be a good ball for me.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Pyramid Force Pearl; (: .) Brunswick Rhino Gold; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 15.5mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Tuesday Men's League: THS

Week 25

644 Series: 190-242-212

First league night with the new arsenal. Wasn't sure how the Optimus Solid would play, but it did really well. Unfortunately, I started off making some horrible shots and opened in the 8th on a corner pin. Ended up going: 6 /, 7 2, X, 9 /, 9 /, X, X, 9 -, X, X 8 /.

Game 2 I started off missing another corner pin. But, I then struck on 8 out of the next 9 shots before making a bad shot on the 2nd shot in the 10th.
    9 -, X, X, 9 /, X, X, X, X, X, X 7 -.

I was able to manage the transition in Game 3, for the most part. I kept things clean until a missed 4-pin in the 8th. I made a bad ball change in the 9th, but salvaged a 200+ game: 9 /, X, X, 6 /, X, X, X, 9 -, 9 /, X 9 -.

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 9.24 pins
    Strikes: 57%
    Spares: 57% picked up

Single Pin spares: 55% (5/9)
    Most common single-pin leave: 4-pin, 5-pin, 6-pin, and 9-pin. (2x each)
    Also left a single 10-pin.

Multiple Pin spares: 60% (3/5)
    Most common multi-pin leave: 2-4-5-8 bucket (2x)

Splits: n/a

Average over 3 games: 214.67.
    Average had I picked up all single-pin spares: 226.33.

Negatives:
    - Our 2nd bowler continued to struggle. I gave him Rob's advice from the thread...but who know's if he'll read it. Bowlers love to complain and hate to take advice...so, who knows?

- Only really got to use the Optimus Solid. Used it right up until the 9th frame of Game 3 when I switched to the Pyramid Force. Should have switched to the Yeah Baby Sinful instead.

- Not a good spare shooting night. Only made 1 out of 5 corner-pin spares. Unacceptable.

POSITIVES

- Fifth straight week above my average.

- The team took 3 out of 4 and remains in first place...at least one more week.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Pyramid Force Pearl; (: .) Brunswick Rhino Gold; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    Ball Speed: 15.5mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Nice night!
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-289; high series-739

Week 26

615 Series: 202-222-191

A little more transition with the Optimus Solid this time around. Made it until the 8th frame before I switched to the Yeah Baby Sinful in the 9th. Spare shooting was not optimal. . Ended up going: 8 -, X, X, X, 8 /, 8 /, X, 9 /, 9 -, X X X.

Game 2 I actually believed I "might" have my first perfect game. But, reality set in when my speed dropped about 2.3mph on a shot in the 7th and went through the nose and left a 6-pin...which I proceeded to miss terribly. X, X, X, X, X, X, 9 -, X, 6 3, 8 / 7.

As usual, Game 3 was all about managing transition. Switched to the Force Pearl again, but regretted the decision and probably should have switched to the Special Ops...even though the Force Pearl did an adequate job finishing things out: X, 9 -, 9 /, X, 7 1, 9 /, X, 9 /, X, X X 7.

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 9.20 pins
    Strikes: 57%
    Spares: 53% picked up

Single Pin spares: 57% (4/7)
    Most common single-pin leave: 10-pin (4x).
    Also left a single 5-pin, 6-pin, and 9-pin.

Multiple Pin spares: 50% (3/6)
    Most common multi-pin leave: 6-10 (2x)

Splits: n/a

Average over 3 games: 205.00.
    Average had I picked up all single-pin spares: 216.67.

Negatives:
    - Still not entirely sure about my new arsenal. Not sure if I should have made the switch to the Fore Pearl late in Game 3 or if I should have switched to the Special Ops. I think I made the wrong choice given the Force Pearl again jumped through the nose and caused me to have to move left.

- Another bad spare shooting night. Only made 2 out of 5 corner-pin spares. Unacceptable.

POSITIVES

- Fifth straight week above my average with really consistent scores the last 11 games: 199-190-197-193-202-190-242-212-202-222-191.

- The team took 4 out of 4 and remains in first place...at least two more weeks.

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Nice night. You beat me!
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-289; high series-739

Quote Originally Posted by Timmyb View Post
    Nice night. You beat me!
    Don't get used to either.

Week 27

516 Series: 160-180-176

Couldn't seem to find a line with the Optimus Solid in Game 1, so I started with the Yeah Baby Sinful. Missed two corner pins and opened on a split in the 9th. Only struck twice...so, about what one would expect.

Game 2 I got out the Special Ops. I hadn't used it yet...and it seemed stronger than it did when I practiced with it...so my line was way off. I only stuck with it for 5 frames before switching to the Force Pearl. Finished strong: 8 1, X, 9 /, X, X X X.

Game 3 seems to always be about managing transition. Even the Force Pearl's 'magic' couldn't keep the transition from ruining carry:
    8 /, 9 /, 9 /, 6 2, 8 -, 9 /, 9 /, X, X, 7 / X.

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 8.68 pins
    Strikes: 32%
    Spares: 63% picked up

Single Pin spares: 72% (8/11)
    Most common single-pin leave: 10-pin (3x).
    Never left a single 1-pin nor 4-pin.

Multiple Pin spares: 54% (6/11)

Splits: 0/3 (0%)

Average over 3 games: 172.00.
    Average had I picked up all single-pin spares: 181.67.

No positives this week.

Spare shooting was abysmal. The team lost 3 out of 4 while the team 6 points behind us won 3 out of 4. My streak of 11 games of 190+ came crashing down around me in epic fashion. Just not a good night.

This pair...not sure what it is...but I never shoot well on this pair. Hopefully next week things improve.

Week 28

494 Series: 153-189-152

Not sure what was going on. The lanes seemed slicker than usual...and I was missing way right. A LOT of 2-pin leaves...washout scenarios...headpin misses. By the time I thought I had my line adjusted, it was the end of Game 1.

Game 2 I started off with a turkey and seemed dialed in...but then my speed dropped and it seemed like it was a maximum penalty type of situation. If my speed was around 16.4...I'd strike. If I dropped down to 14.5 or even 15.4...I'd go through the nose and leave a split. I left FOUR splits in Game 2! They accounted for every open frame.

By Game 3, I knew I needed to make a change on the right lane...but wasn't sure on the left lane. I also wasn't sure what ball I needed to change TO on the right lane. I didn't do 'badly' in Game 3...only 3 open frames with lanes that were transitioning quickly...I just couldn't carry and again...maximum penalty for speed fluctuation with two more splits.

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 8.53 pins
    Strikes: 37%
    Spares: 40% picked up

Single Pin spares: 100% (6/6)
    Most common single-pin leave: 10-pin (2x).
    Never left a single 3-pin, 4-pin, 6-pin, 7-pin, nor 8-pin.

Multiple Pin spares: 14% (2/14)

Splits: 0/6 (0%)

Average over 3 games: 164.67.
    Average had I picked up all single-pin spares: n/a

I always say that I'm not going to be unhappy when I shoot 100% on single-pin spares...so, I guess I can't be unhappy. And, the numbers are pretty glaringly obvious as to what happened tonight. You can't win at bowling if you're leaving and trying to convert nonsense spares and splits. Fourteen is far too many multi-pin spares and nearly half of them were splits. Not baby splits...we're talking 6-7-10 (2x), 4-6-10, 8-10, 4-6-7, and 6-7 varieties. I mean, Belmo isn't converting those...so obviously I ain't either.

The question is, "why" did I leave them?

1) I need more warm-up time. I threw 3 shots in warm-up and never hit the pocket. 7.5 minutes with 5 players...I don't get enough time to figure anything out...then I spend an entire game trying to figure things out.

2) I need to fix my speed control. I can tell when I'm dialed in. And I can tell when I release the ball and my speed drops. I can feel it and I know that ball is going to go through the nose and I probably will leave a split or maybe get lucky and just shoot a make-able spare. I'll never get a shot at a perfect game if I can't keep my speed consistent shot to shot.

3) It's a new arsenal...I've just resurfaced 3 of the 4 balls...I have to give myself time to learn the new equipment. As difficult as it is...I can't expect to just retire 4 balls and throw 4 new ones...especially drastically different ones...and just immediately pick up where I left off. Gotta manage my expectations.

The "good news" is we split and the 2nd place team split...so with 2 weeks left...we are still 4 points ahead. If we can just have one strong showing next week...maybe just get a +1 point edge going into that position round...then we can lock up 1st place and not have to worry about anything. If not, position round is gonna be a *&$%&!

Week 29

574 Series: 171-181-222

Pretty much a continuation of last week. Continue to struggle with the lanes in the middle of the center. These lanes tend to play "slick". So, in Games 1 and 2...not a lot of strikes...a couple opens...and you end up with scores in the 170s/180s.

Made a change to the Yeah Baby Sinful midway through Game 2, but it wasn't helping much. Figured there might be some carry down at the breakpoint...so I switched to the Force Pearl. Started out with strikes in the front 5. Then, I pulled my shot...twice in a row...and then the lanes started to break down. Once the lanes start to break down...it's really hard to stay ahead of them...especially if any other bowlers were bowling to the left of you during games 1 and 2. I made my spares and was on track for a decent 233...but missed a 4-pin in the 10th.

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 8.75 pins
    Strikes: 31%
    Spares: 75% picked up

Single Pin spares: 77% (7/9)
    Most common single-pin leave: 10-pin (3x).
    Never left a single 1-pin, 2-pin, 7-pin, nor 8-pin.

Multiple Pin spares: 72% (8/11)
    Most common multi-pin leave: 3-6, 1-2-4, and 1-2-10 (2x each).

Splits: 0/1 (0%)

Average over 3 games: 191.33.
    Average had I picked up all single-pin spares: 198.33.

Obviously the biggest difference this week is I didn't get stuck with 6 splits. I got stuck with a couple 1-2-10 washouts...but actually picked 1 of those up. I wasn't 100% on single-pin spares, but I actually made one more single-pin spare than I made last week...because I left significantly more this week than last week.

I bowled slightly over my average, the team took 3 out of 4 and maintained a 4-game lead over the 2nd place team going into the final week of the season...and my final game won me high game and card game which paid my soda bill for the night.

One week left! All we need is ONE POINT and we take the LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP!!...from the sandbagger 2nd place team. We have to give them 109 pins...they get the 4th most handicap in the league...but it is what it is. IF we lose all 4...then we have a best 2 out of 3 game roll off on the "fun night" the following week. So, it's our championship to lose! If we can't win 1 out of 4 next week and lose 6 out of 7 over two weeks...it's hard to make a case we deserve it...even though we've been in 1st place since Week 4.

Week 30

So, the situation is simple:

We had been in 1st place since Week 6....but we had been hounded by a "high handicap" team since Week 22. Prior to that...it had been smooth sailing.

But, like I said...going into the final week, it was simple: We were 4 points ahead and needed ONE point. Just one game and we are league champions. IF we lose all 4...we have to do a best 2 out of 3 next week...which would have been a real problem given two of our bowlers couldn't make it next week.

599 Series: 205-199-204

Game 1 I just made a couple bad spare shots. Chopped a 6-10 and missed a 10-pin. We lost the 1st game pretty handedly.

Game 2 I had switched to the Yeah Baby Sinful and actually was dialed in quite well. Started off with a 4-bagger before missing another 10-pin. Unfortunately I made a huge mental mistake in the 8th frame when I was trying to pick up a 2-7-8 split. Left a 4-9 split in the 10th to really dampen my score...but the team didn't really need a big game out of me. The opponents were struggling in Game 2 and we had the point we needed.

Game 3 we 'celebrated' so I had FAR more alcohol than I usually do when I bowl and it really started affecting me by the 6th frame. I salvaged a 204 despite having trouble seeing the boards...but we were just playing to finish out the night at that point.

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 9.03 pins
    Strikes: 54%
    Spares: 60% picked up

Single Pin spares: 75% (6/8)
    Most common single-pin leave: 10-pin (6x).
    Also left a single 5-pin and 9-pin.

Multiple Pin spares: 42% (3/7)
    Most common multi-pin leave: n/a

Splits: 0/2 (0%)

Average over 3 games: 199.67.
    Average had I picked up all single-pin spares: 207.00.

It was a good night. Our captain was almost emotional about it. We had held 1st place for 24 weeks in a 23-team league against some decent competition. My second league in this house and my second league championship. But, this was a fall league, a big league, and a premier league against well-established bowlers.

Very happy about the finish. Not as happy about my individual performance. No honor scores, a < 50% strike rate, < 75% single-pin pick-up rate, and I'm still not averaging in that 195-200 range where I feel I should be.

Gonna do a challenge league on Tuesdays and a scratch league on Wednesdays over the summer. Gonna try a couple leagues in the Fall and might reach out to a coach if my financial situation is stable. Or, maybe just dive in to my Mark Baker DVD and do more self-practice and put in more work.

Page 205 of 225 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205206207208209215 ... LastLast