Page 26 of 226 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676126 ... LastLast

Thread: Aslan's Scores (of the non-lady kind)

Chats: 32

Looks better than it has here lately good shooting
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Chats: 204

Sunday Morning Sport Shot League:
    PBA Shark Pattern

720 Series: 197-165-209 (clean)-149
    Game 1 would have been clean except for a chopped 3-10 baby split in the 3rd. Game 2 I missed a 1-3-6 leave in the 1st and then was clean until a chopped 2-4-5 leave in the 9th. Too many spares though and not enough strikes. Game 3 was clean. Game 4 was my "letdown game". I started off with a couple open frames, was then clean through 8, but finished by missing a couple single-pin spares for a disappointing 149.

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 8.51 pins
    Strikes: 30% (1 turkey, 2 doubles, and 6 singles)
    Spares: 72% picked up

Single Pin spares: 81% (9/11)
    Most common single-pin leave: 6-pin (4x).
    Never left a single 1-pin, 7-pin, 8-pin, 9-pin, nor 10-pin.

Multiple Pin spares: 66% (12/18)
    Most common multi-pin leaves: 1-2-4, 6-10, 1-2-8, 2-4-5, and 3-10 (2x each).

Splits: 66% (2/3)

Average over 4 games: 180.00.
    Average had I picked up 100% of single pin spare leaves: 185.50.

Overall, mixed feelings. I mean:

Positives:
    - Won side pot TWICE.
    - Was competitive with a couple really good bowlers (170-200 sport averages) on the other team.
    - Picked up a nice spare using a back-up ball.
    - May have picked up a couple awards (200+ game and 50+ pins above average).
    - Had a clean game.
    - Reached my goal of a 700 series (4 games).
    - All 4 games were above my average.

Negatives:
    - Team lost all 4 points.
    - Got knocked out of brackets in first game.
    - Missed the last 2 single-pin spares which cost me 100% on single-pin spares.

It was fun though. I got to see Bunny's husband pick up a 6-7-10 which was awesome! It showed me that I can compete on sport patterns; even the tough Shark pattern and that I could compete with these other scratch bowlers. And to win the side pot once much less TWICE in the same morning was pretty cool. Paid for my bowling and entries into the side pot and brackets.

Next week we start bowling the PBA Wolf…so I gotta go online and figure out a plan of attack!!
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    PBA Shark Pattern

It was fun though. I got to see Bunny's husband pick up a 6-7-10 which was awesome! It showed me that I can compete on sport patterns; even the tough Shark pattern and that I could compete with these other scratch bowlers. And to win the side pot once much less TWICE in the same morning was pretty cool. Paid for my bowling and entries into the side pot and brackets.

Next week we start bowling the PBA Wolf…so I gotta go online and figure out a plan of attack!!

You bowled well! So now we know to just make sure you have some $$$ riding!! I was thinking afterwards maybe we should have walked out with you since you came in and cleaned up on two handicap pots. It is the 909 after all! We wouldn't want you to get "Munsoned!"

Seriously though, good bowling!!
    Proud Member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums
    14's Deadly Aim, First Blood, HyRoad Pearl, Tropical Breeze, Rising Star, Maxim Spare

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    PBA Shark Pattern

720 Series: 197-165-209 (clean)-149
    Game 1 would have been clean except for a chopped 3-10 baby split in the 3rd. Game 2 I missed a 1-3-6 leave in the 1st and then was clean until a chopped 2-4-5 leave in the 9th. Too many spares though and not enough strikes. Game 3 was clean. Game 4 was my "letdown game". I started off with a couple open frames, was then clean through 8, but finished by missing a couple single-pin spares for a disappointing 149.

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 8.51 pins
    Strikes: 30% (1 turkey, 2 doubles, and 6 singles)
    Spares: 72% picked up

Single Pin spares: 81% (9/11)
    Most common single-pin leave: 6-pin (4x).
    Never left a single 1-pin, 7-pin, 8-pin, 9-pin, nor 10-pin.

Multiple Pin spares: 66% (12/18)
    Most common multi-pin leaves: 1-2-4, 6-10, 1-2-8, 2-4-5, and 3-10 (2x each).

Splits: 66% (2/3)

Average over 4 games: 180.00.
    Average had I picked up 100% of single pin spare leaves: 185.50.

Overall, mixed feelings. I mean:

Positives:
    - Won side pot TWICE.
    - Was competitive with a couple really good bowlers (170-200 sport averages) on the other team.
    - Picked up a nice spare using a back-up ball.
    - May have picked up a couple awards (200+ game and 50+ pins above average).
    - Had a clean game.
    - Reached my goal of a 700 series (4 games).
    - All 4 games were above my average.

Negatives:
    - Team lost all 4 points.
    - Got knocked out of brackets in first game.
    - Missed the last 2 single-pin spares which cost me 100% on single-pin spares.

I haven't bowled on that pattern but I figured it would give you some problems congrats on the good scores. I think most of us would be happy with those on the first time playing a pattern.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    You bowled well! So now we know to just make sure you have some $$$ riding!! I was thinking afterwards maybe we should have walked out with you since you came in and cleaned up on two handicap pots. It is the 909 after all! We wouldn't want you to get "Munsoned!"

Seriously though, good bowling!!
    I was kinda worried that some of the guys might get "disgruntled" that in week 1 I establish a 141 sport average, don't participate in any side pots/brackets...then in week 2 participate in side pots/brackets and average 180. But, it is what it is. I can't help that in week 1 nobody asked me to participate in side pots/brackets and it was my first time bowling a sport pattern...then in week 2 I was asked to participate and bowled better.

Is "Norco" really a "bad" area? I've been there a few times to take my daughter horseback riding (Horsetown USA) and it doesn't seem bad at all. A town has to be pretty destitute to mug a guy for $26!! I'd be way more worried they'd take my new 4-ball roller bag!!

Chats: 39

Nice shooting dude.....180 on a sport pattern is pretty good for someone who hasn't even been bowling a year .
    Company League Average: 198.1
    City League Average: 186.5
    WTBA Sport pattern League Average: 172.9
    Current Arsenal: Roto Grip Nomad Pearl, Wrecker, and Hyper Cell; Track 920A and 505A; Storm Tropical Breeze; Plastic Spare Ball

Quote Originally Posted by Hampe View Post
    Nice shooting dude.....180 on a sport pattern is pretty good for someone who hasn't even been bowling a year .
    Thank you sir.

Tuesday Practice: low oil synthetics

391 Series: 138-120-133
    Game 1; 3 missed single pin spares and a missed 6-10...only 1 strike. Game 2 even worse spare shooting, add in a few splits. Game 3 same. Worst series I've shot in a LONG time!

513 Series: 193-143-177
    Game 4 I opened with a split but was then clean through 8 before chopping a 2-5. Strike rate was more respectable. Game 5 I just couldn't make very many multi-pin spares. Game 6 I was clean through 9 before chopping a 1-5 leave in the 10th.

571 Series: 235-149-187
    Game 7 was one of the best scores I've shot...a LOT of strikes and I was only open in the 3rd when I missed a single 10-pin. Game 8 I came back down to Earth missing THREE single 10-pins and a single 3-pin before leaving a 6-7-10 split in the 10th. Game 9 I put on a spare shooting CLINIC and was clean through 9 before leaving a 7-10 split in the 10th.

514 Series: 157-164-193
    Game 10 was splits and sub-par spare shooting but was rescued by striking out in the 10th. Game 11; more spares...only 1 strike...clean except a washout in the 8th and another 7-10 split in the 10th. Game 12; missed 2 single 10-pin spares and a washout...but struck enough to salvage a decent score.

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 8.63 pins
    Strikes: 29% (5 turkeys, 6 doubles and 11 singles)
    Spares: 51% picked up

Single Pin spares: 61% (24/39)
    Most common single-pin leaves: 10-pin (20x).
    Never left a single 1-pin, 8-pin, nor 9-pin.

Multiple Pin spares: 43% (21/48)
    Most common multi-pin spare leaves: 4-7 (6x).

Splits: 14% (3/15)

Average over 12 games: 165.75.
    Average had I picked up 100% of single pin spare leaves: 177.50.

Other than a respectable spare pick-up rate, a 235 game, and a 5-7 split I picked up in Game 2....practice tonight was ABYSMAL. Remember Iceman's thread about that evil 10-pin....I was 8 for 20!!! And yes...it was about 60% mental. Sure, the lanes were drier than usual and the Slingshot was pulling ever so slightly left so I missed a LOT of them 1-2 inches to the left...BUT...even more detrimental was me seeing that pin TWENTY TIMES and I was so beaten down by it...that I was practically shaking in fear as I threw the ball.

Just, not my night. And because it wasn't "my night", I was even more aggravated at the cosmic bowlers around me...walking up while I was on the approach...making out with their ugly girlfriends ON the approach...welcome to practicing in cosmic conditions because my lanes are too ****ing cheap to give league bowlers affordable times to practice with the lights on.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Hey aslan, do you have an app for your phone or what ever to enter your shots to get the stats?

Quote Originally Posted by fortheloveofbowling View Post
    Hey aslan, do you have an app for your phone or what ever to enter your shots to get the stats?
    i use "strike out stats" its a little cheaper than some of the other stat trackers and gives a great detailed list of all your stats, you can track pin fall, multiple leagues, and practice sessions, and apply which house your bowling at, what pattern and what ball you use for that game. the only draw back i have is not being able to apply "notes" to games like "switched balls in frame 6" or "too jumpy off the break" that would be a welcome addition to this app but overall i give it 4.5/5
    "watching pros throw countless strikes in a you tube video, is like watching
    super models in bikini's eating cheeseburgers on the hood of a pickup. sex sells"

Page 26 of 226 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676126 ... LastLast