Page 204 of 225 FirstFirst ... 104154194200201202203204205206207208214 ... LastLast
Results 2,031 to 2,040 of 2245

Thread: Aslan's Scores (of the non-lady kind)

Chats: 204

Tuesday Men's League: THS

Week 19

593 Series: 189-193-211

Grudge Hybrid looked great in practice...5 strikes on 5 shots. But, first 5 shots in Game 1 were X, 9 /, 8 /, 9 /, 7 1. Looked like once again I wasn't going to be able to use it and switched to the Aura Mystic. Went X, X, X, 9 - before realizing even the Aura Mystic seemed to be struggling to carry...so I went with the Vintage Gold Rhino in the 10 and closed things out with a X 7 /.

Game 2 I used the Vintage Gold Rhino for the first 9 frames going 9 /, X, X, 6 2, X, 9 /, 7 -, X, X before switching to the Fortera Exile and finishing with a X 7 /.

Started off Game 3 with a split before finding my groove. The lane seemed to breakdown a bit late, forcing me in to 11-13 and I couldn't carry the way I usually can further outside.
    7 2, X, X, 9 /, X, X, X, 9 /, 6 /, 8 / X.

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 8.97 pins
    Strikes: 51%
    Spares: 68% picked up

Single Pin spares: 85% (6/7)
    Most common single-pin leave: 10-pin (4x)
    Also left a single 6-pin and 5-pin (2x).

Multiple Pin spares: 55% (5/9)
    Most common multi-pin leave: n/a

Splits: 0% (0/2)

Average over 3 games: 197.67.
    Average had I picked up all single-pin spares: 201.67.

I can always "nit pick"...but if you break it down...two of my opens were splits and two were washouts...the other was a 5-pin that I pulled my shot and 'tapped' the pin but the pin didn't fall over. As I stated last week; "big picture":

1. In the last 6 weeks; I was over my average 5 out of 6 of those weeks.

2. This may not be my best performance, but it's probably the 2nd most consistent performance I've had this season behind 10/20 when I almost shot a triplicate (193/190/196).

3. In the last 5 weeks, I'm 32 for 41 (78%) on single-pin spares...but in 4 of the 6 weeks...I was 27 for 28 (96%).

4. Our team hasn't been as dominant lately...BUT...we are still in 1st place and we've still yet to be swept by any team this season. We're still at LEAST 8 points ahead of the nearest team. And, we've been in 1st place the entire season.

5. My average is now up to a season high of 184.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Pyramid Force Pearl; (: .) Brunswick Rhino Gold; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 15.5mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Week 20 Position Round

558 Series: 234-169-155

8 /, X, X, X, X, 8 /, 9 -, 8 /, X, X X 8. I was able to move a little inside with my feet and use the Grudge Hybrid. Only open was on a single 3-pin that I missed because I wasn't wearing my glasses (Covid mask) and thought it was a 5-pin.

Game 2 I tried to stick it out with the Grudge Hybrid, but it was clear that I was hitting weak...at least on the right lane....so I switched to the Aura Mystic with the new surface (240/800/2000/R. Compound) I added to it this afternoon. 7 /, X, 6 3, X, 8 -, 9 /, X, X, 7 /, 9 -. Surprisingly, even though I was playing deeper than usual, I made good shots on the left lane...but left a 7-pin in the 10th and guttered trying to pick it up. Can't do that in the 10th. Right lane was a struggle due to some bad shots early and transition late.

X, X, 8 /, X, 6 2, 9 /, 7 /, 8 1, 8 -, 9 -.
    Game 3 wasn't as bad as the score indicates. Struck a couple times on the right lane...but it was still a struggle to keep up with the transitioning. The left lane was a much bigger problem. I was SO deep...inside 3rd arrow and standing more than 10 boards left of center on the approach...that I was outside my comfort zone and that led to a lot of pulled shots as I would tend to square my shoulders at the line rather than keep my shoulders open. To top it all off...a split in the 8th, a split in the 9th, and then a missed 5-pin in the 10th.

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 8.81 pins
    Strikes: 43%
    Spares: 52% picked up

Single Pin spares: 40% (2/5)
    Most common single-pin leave: n/a
    Left a single 3-pin, 5-pin, 7-pin, 9-pin, and 10-pin.

Multiple Pin spares: 58% (7/12)
    Most common multi-pin leave: 6-10 (4x)

Average over 3 games: 186.00.
    Average had I picked up all single-pin spares: 197.00.

Bad News: What can I say? 169 and a 155...two missed single-pins in the 10th frames....embarrassing. Still unable to to play the "inside line".

Good News:

1. The scores were a bit 'misleading'. The only open in Game 1 was because I wasn't wearing my glasses and 2 of the 4 opens in Game 3 were splits.

2. I shot a 234. It was enough to win me high game and the card game...so I drank for free tonight.

3. Most importantly...the team took 3 out of 4...during position round...and we REALLY needed some separation from ourselves and the rest of the pack. A bad showing would have put us a bad week away from dropping out of 1st place for the first time this season. This 3-point win puts us comfortably ahead of the pack again.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Pyramid Force Pearl; (: .) Brunswick Rhino Gold; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    Ball Speed: 15.5mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Week 21

586 Series: 231-181-174

Game 1 was solid. Missed a single 10-pin in the 7th to break up an 8-bagger. That was my only open. Unfortunately, I lost my strike line in the 9th and had to settle for a couple spares to finish things out.

Game 2 I ran into a bit of transition. Since my shots weren't very good, I didn't move right away...thinking maybe it was just execution. By the time I realized it was my line and not my execution...I had wasted 4 frames and 3 of the 4 frames were opens due to a split and 2 of 3 chopped 6-10 leaves. I managed to put a 4-bagger together before completely missing a single 4-pin in the 10th.

In Game 3, lanes were transitioning so fast...I couldn't move fast enough to keep up. Only opened twice, but only struck 3 times.

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 8.88 pins
    Strikes: 46%
    Spares: 53% picked up

Single Pin spares: 66% (4/6)
    Most common single-pin leave: 4-pin (2x)
    Left a single 3-pin, 6-pin, 9-pin, and 10-pin.

Multiple Pin spares: 44% (4/9)

Average over 3 games: 195.33.
    Average had I picked up all single-pin spares: 203.33.

Not the greatest night. Team lost 3 out of 4 and the second place team won 3 out of 4...so the race just got that much closer.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post

Week 21

586 Series: 231-181-174

Game 1 was solid. Missed a single 10-pin in the 7th to break up an 8-bagger. That was my only open. Unfortunately, I lost my strike line in the 9th and had to settle for a couple spares to finish things out.

Game 2 I ran into a bit of transition. Since my shots weren't very good, I didn't move right away...thinking maybe it was just execution. By the time I realized it was my line and not my execution...I had wasted 4 frames and 3 of the 4 frames were opens due to a split and 2 of 3 chopped 6-10 leaves. I managed to put a 4-bagger together before completely missing a single 4-pin in the 10th.

In Game 3, lanes were transitioning so fast...I couldn't move fast enough to keep up. Only opened twice, but only struck 3 times.

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 8.88 pins
    Strikes: 46%

Most common single-pin leave: 4-pin (2x)
    Left a single 3-pin, 6-pin, 9-pin, and 10-pin.

Average over 3 games: 195.33.

Not the greatest night. Team lost 3 out of 4 and the second place team won 3 out of 4...so the race just got that much closer.
    You need to remember Bowl1820’s old tag line “Better to adjust too soon and leave nine than too late and get a split” or something like that. On a THS, if you are within a board of hitting your target and didn’t do something completely stupid like grab the wrong ball, line up on the wrong board, or drop the ball behind the foul line, your ball should still at least touch the headpin and the 3 pin. Most of us here are not bowling to make a living. We’re bowling to torture ourselves, er, I mean to have fun.😉 While we might throw it better after a game or so, most of us can not consistently will ourselves to throw it better after a so so shot.

Now, if I could only get myself to listen to my own advise🤔
    John

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    You need to remember Bowl1820’s old tag line “Better to adjust too soon and leave nine than too late and get a split” or something like that.
    Pretty much. I actually had to explain that to my teammates tonight when I made a ball change and they were criticizing/mocking me. See below.

Week 22

655 Series: 222-228 (clean)-208 (clean)

Was throwing the Grudge Hybrid well in practice, but first frame when it counted I left a pocket 10-pin (and missed it). Had to make the tough choice of switching to the Aura Mystic or sticking it out with the Grudge Hybrid. My teammates were surprised that I was making ball change so early and didn't understand my reasoning. But it was quite simple. I had already moved left in practice...and was starting to hit the pocket weak. It just wasn't the right ball for the lane conditions. Moving back right would just cause the ball Grudge to dive through the nose. Moving back left would just leave weak hits. Ended up going 9 -, X, X, X, 8 1, 9 -, X, X, X, X X 8.

Just prior to midway through Game 2, I decided another ball change was in order. Tough choice between making the move to the Rhino Gold or the Fortera Exile. Given it was still early and there didn't seem to be a lot of bowlers pushing oil down the lane that would make me think carry down was an issue...I went with the Rhino Gold.
    9 /, X, 9 /, X, X, X, 9 /, X, 7 /, X X 9.

By frame 3, I threw a shot that wasn't "that bad" and left a 1-2-8 so I figured maybe it was time to bring out the "big gun" and finish things out with the Fortera Exile.
    X, X, 7 /, 8 /, X, 9 /, X, 9 /, X, 8 / X.

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 9.37 pins
    Strikes: 60%
    Spares: 75% picked up

Single Pin spares: 71% (5/7)
    Also left a single 2-pin, 4-pin, and 6-pin.

Multiple Pin spares: 80% (4/5)
    Most common multi-pin leave: n/a

Splits: 0% (0/1)

Average over 3 games: 218.33.
    Average had I picked up all single-pin spares: 225.67.

My best series of the season and my first night with two clean games that I can remember. Team took 3 out of 4 which should keep us at least 8 points out in front going into next week.
    Last edited by Aslan; 02-24-2021 at 12:57 AM.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Tough teammates, mocking you for a change that gets you a 220 game.

Nice to see you pulled your weight this week despite the mocking.
    John

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Nice night, Aslan!
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-289; high series-739

Chats: 0

655 series, well done Aslan
    Hammer Purple Urethane. Storm Surge Hybrid, Storm Pitch Purple, Roto Grip Hyper Cell.
    2 Storm Surge Pearl 4x4x2 and a no flare, ,Roto Grip Hot Cell, Roto Grip Haywire.
    2020/2021, Hi Average 219, Hi Game 289, Hi Series 771, 30 Clean 4, 700 Series 16.
    2021/2022, Hi Average 211, Hi Game 256 Hi Series 693, 30 Clean 0, 700 Series 0.
    Proud member of Bowlingboards.com Since 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    Tough teammates, mocking you for a change that gets you a 220 game.

Nice to see you pulled your weight this week despite the mocking.
    Well, one guy used to own a pro shop...so he thinks he knows everything about everything. Today he got on my case for going after the 10-pin when I left an 8-10 split...rather than go after the 8-pin. Apparently the 8-pin was easier to pick up and I could have picked up the spare easier by throwing a ball straight up the left side of the lane...rather than just pick up the 10-pin and hope for a good bounce off the backstop. I think I'm the only guy he can critique that won't get annoyed with him...so he takes advantage of it.

Week 23

563 Series: 174-199-190

Tried moving inside of 2nd arrow and sticking with the Grudge Hybrid...but it was tough finding a line that would work well. A few opens and only one turkey pretty much kept the scores down. Ended up going: X, 9 -, 7 /, 8 1, X, X, X, 8 /, 6 2, 9 / 7.

Switched to the Aura Mystic for Game 2, but that only lasted about 5 frames before I switched to the Fortera Exile.
    Not a heck of a lot better: 7 1, X, X, 8 1, 7 /, 8 /, 9 /, X, X, X 8 /.

Game 3 I started out with a couple opens...but managed to recover and keep things clean for 5 frames while I tried to find a line that would work.
    6 3, 9 -, 7 /, 8 /, 9 /, 9 /, 9 /, X, X, X 8 1.

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 8.67 pins
    Strikes: 36%
    Spares: 60% picked up

Single Pin spares: 71% (5/7)
    Also left a single 4-pin, and 9-pin (2x).

Multiple Pin spares: 53% (7/13)
    Most common multi-pin leave: 3-6 (4x)

Splits: 0% (0/1)

Average over 3 games: 187.67.
    Average had I picked up all single-pin spares: 193.33.

Oh well. Still a night above my current average (barely)...but nowhere near what I accomplished last week.

Week 24

592 Series: 197-193-202

Lanes seemed to be playing "slicker"...but still not "slick" enough for me to use my Grudge Hybrid. So I had to move about 2 and 3 right of my usual starting point and was playing a much tighter line with the Aura Mystic. Ended up going: 9 /, 6 3, 8 /, X, 8 1, X, X, 8 /, X, X X 6.

Game 2 was a disaster. My spare shooting fell into a terrible toilet bowl spiral of doom and I opened all 4 of the first 4 frames. Even though most of my problem was picking up the spares, the fact that I was hitting weak and leaving those spares was also a concern...but it felt a little too early to switch to the Exile...so I switched to the Rhino Gold in Frame 5: 7 -, 9 -, 9 -, 7 1, X, 9 /, X, X, X, X X X.

The last strike in Game 2 was really weak, so I thought I'd give the Exile a shot in Game 3. It was the right choice, but the lanes were starting to transition faster, so it seemed that every shot was just an indicator to move slightly left on the next shot.
    X, 8 /, 9 /, 8 /, X, 6 3, X, 9 /, X, X X 7.

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 8.97 pins
    Strikes: 52%

Most common single-pin leave: 7-pin (3x)
    Also left a single 4-pin, and 10-pin (2x).

Most common multi-pin leave: 6-10 (2x)

Average over 3 games: 197.33.

Negatives:
    - Team AGAIN lost 3 out of 4...and continues to lose ground in the standings. We're still in 1st place...but next week may be the first week in 20 weeks that a team might have a chance of over-taking us.

- Our 2nd bowler is continuing to struggle with his lack of speed and last night spent most of the evening wandering around the center pouting.

- Our #3 bowler annoys me. If I'm struggling, he tells me to change balls...for no real reason. If I change balls because I see something in the way the ball is hitting the pins, he gets all crazy because he can't believe somebody would change balls when they are doing well. Meanwhile, he throws the same ball all night...up the same line...regardless of the results...because he has absolutely no understanding of lane conditions or ball technology.

- I had a chance to BEAT bowler #3 for high game in Game #3. He shot a 203. I had to strike out for a 205. I ended up making a bad 3rd shot...missing well right...and leaving the 1-2-8 for a 202. We acted like he was some All-Star because I failed to strike out...until he looked up at the re-cap and saw that I beat him in series on the night.

POSITIVES

- Another night above my average.

- In the last 5 games, I've bowled a consistent 199-190-197-193-202.

Page 204 of 225 FirstFirst ... 104154194200201202203204205206207208214 ... LastLast