Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Team Names (pushing the envelope)

Chats: 19

Default Team Names (pushing the envelope)

Alright... So I'm in a really fun league, and team name creativity is important. We went with one that is REALLY, REALLY pushing the envelope (so much so that I don't even think I'm going to post it here). And it's hilarious. But it makes me uncomfortable, too... And the puns are almost too numerous to count.

But it got me thinking:

It's a small league. We all know eachother pretty well. I don't think there will be a problem with our league. But does the USBC have any kinds of rules about team names being appropriate? I did a search but couldn't find anything...
    Not helping the situation since 1983.

Bowling Average: 180
    Bowling Handicap: Beer
    Bowling Style: Completely Wheels Off
    Righty / Lefty: Righty
    Bowling Balls: Lane #1 Droid (Strike Ball), Storm Crossroad (Strike Ball. I hate the smell...), Hammer No Mercy (Retired Strike Ball. We had a good run. RIP, old friend!), Ebonite Magnum (Spare Ball), Ebonite Maxim (Spare Ball)
    Best Game: 267
    Best Series: 695 (just 5 more pins... I don't wanna talk about it!)

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Are you going to leave us HANGING!!! LOL.... Ok... put on your title, and this will work, "This has a ratting of R"!! Do not proceed if you are under the age of 18!!
    Problem solved? Ok... what is it?
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by ArtVandelay View Post
    (so much so that I don't even think I'm going to post it here).
    Lame.

The best name I've heard back in the day was "Texual Chocolate"....referring to the Kwame Kilpatrick texting scandal combined with the band from "Coming to America".
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 175; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.7mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Chats: 1

Must be from Mi to know all about that.

Alright... The following post may contain content some might find inappropriate (or hilarious)

Bowling Balls: Lane #1 Droid (Strike Ball), Storm Crossroad (Strike Ball. I hate the smell...), Hammer No Mercy (Retired Strike Ball. We had a good run. RIP, old friend!), Ebonite Magnum (Spare Ball), Ebonite Maxim (Spare Ball)

Our team name (all of our last names are German...) is: The Third Streich.

So far, some of the puns we've come up with are:
    Strike with Fuhrer
    We want a lot of (Karl) Marx
    If I leave a split, I'll be so mad I'll invade Poland.
    Quit your Stalin'!
    Not another NEIN!!!

Yeah, we're all going to hell! It's actually a team name we'd been throwing around for about 5 years, but never had the guts to use it. This year, someone stole one of our other team names (Big Bowl Movement) and our team captain put us down for that instead.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Strike with Fuhrer
    Quit your Stalin'!
    Not another NEIN!!!

Yeah, we're all going to hell! It's actually a team name we'd been throwing around for about 5 years, but never had the guts to use it. This year, someone stole one of our other team names (Big Bowl Movement) and our team captain put us down for that instead.
    lol,,, I like Quit your Stalin, Not another NEIN,,, well, actually they are all rather funny/in a punie sort of way!"
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Chats: 256

ArtVandelay,

While the names are a bit racy, I wouldn't count them out. The USBC would really care less, it would likely be someone in the center that would say something and then the league officers would discuss it.

We typically get the raunchy type names, 4 Balls 2 Splits(for a 2 man-2 woman team) and the like.

My Thursday night team this year will be Splits for Brains. We have also been I Can't Believe It's Not Gutter, WGAS(Who Gives A S#!$), Rockin' Pins, etc.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Quote Originally Posted by Jaescrub View Post
    Must be from Mi to know all about that.
    Yes...I am.

Everyone from California is originally from somewhere else. Mexico primarily...followed closely by anywhere in Asia, followed by Oregon, then Northern California, then Idaho. And the annoying thing is...everyone originally from Northern California, Oregon, or Idaho...all they talk about is how much they miss it...as if Ariel Castro is chaining them to their houses in SoCal....friggin MOVE already. I'm for anybody moving out of SoCal so I don't have to deal with as much traffic.

But yes, grew up and lived most of my life in Michigan.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    Ball Speed: 14.7mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Strike with Fuhrer
    Quit your Stalin'!
    Not another NEIN!!!

Those names are not only not offensive....they aren't even funny. Let me help ya out:
    - Sour Krauts
    - Old Ausfarts
    - Ich Liebe Dich Strikes
    - Haarschmuckfachgeschäfts

You're welcome.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast