Thread: ROTO GRIP - RUMBLE Review

Default ROTO GRIP - RUMBLE Review

The layout selection used was based on the Storm VLS system and suggestions made by Mr. Steve Kloempken of Storm. My thanks to Mr. Kloempken for his suggestions, time and knowledge.

Ball specs – 15 lbs 2 oz, 2.75top weight, and 3.5-inch pin.

The Rumble was drilled with a low RG layout as follows; using Dual Angle terminology - 2 inch pin distance, 60 degree drill angle and a 40 degree VAL angle. Using Storm’s drilling methodology the layout is 2 X 5.5 X .75 pin buffer. An X-hole was needed and placed in the P2.5 location. The surface was left OOB which is 2000 dull.

The Rumble is the latest symmetrical, solid in the HP2 line. I initially threw the Rumble on the USBC White #2 pattern. What surprised me the most was the length down the lane the Rumble provided. With the cover at 2000 I was expecting an earlier read. The chosen layout combined with a .030 differential and mild cover provided a smooth and predictable motion on the back end. The flare rings were fairly tight. I would rate hit and carry as above average. The Rumble is definitely more of control ball when compared to the big backend of the Wrecker (hybrid) and Shatter (pearl) in the HP2 line.

With the selected layout, the Rumble will allow me to play with more closed angles and closer to the friction on fresh medium and perhaps fresh medium-light conditions. Unless you have a lot hand the Rumble will need to see some friction to get it going.

John Brodersen
    RG amateur staff
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by John Brodersen; 09-27-2013 at 04:31 PM.