Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: JaMau24 Bowling Scores

Nice shooting! is this a typical house shot? Have you ever bowled on other oil patterns? If so, what do you shoot?
    BowlingVids.com -- USBC Tennessee (2204-27181) California (222-32895)

IndexGenie.com -- In The Bag --> Roto Grip Wrecker - Roto Grip Hyper Cell - Storm Polar Ice Hybrid

Chats: 326

Quote Originally Posted by circlecity View Post
    Nice shooting! is this a typical house shot? Have you ever bowled on other oil patterns? If so, what do you shoot?
    Thanks! Yeah, this is just a typical house shot league. I have bowled on other patterns in practice, and in some tournaments, and obviously it's a lot more difficult. I really haven't done it as much as I'd want to, and it's hard to give myself an average, but I'd say I've probably averaged somewhere around 200 (give or take a few pins) on PBA/sport shots. I'd really like to join a sport league, but every single year I run into the same problem, which is getting wrapped up into too many leagues and it being more money than I prefer to spend each week. I think eventually I'll join one, though.

Chats: 204

I don't even think it should be an option. I mean, if a bowler is averaging >210 in a sanctioned league, there's really nothing more to prove and it's time to get that PBA card and take that next step towards tournaments or leagues with large cash payouts or maybe even the PBA tour. At some point the high school athlete has to compete at the college level and the college athlete at the pro level.
    In Bag: (: .) 900 Global Zen Master; (: .) Brunswick Perfect Mindset; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 196; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.5mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 185

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Default Yes we did bowl some sports patterns

Quote Originally Posted by JaMau24 View Post
    Thanks! Yeah, this is just a typical house shot league. I have bowled on other patterns in practice, and in some tournaments, and obviously it's a lot more difficult. I really haven't done it as much as I'd want to, and it's hard to give myself an average, but I'd say I've probably averaged somewhere around 200 (give or take a few pins) on PBA/sport shots. I'd really like to join a sport league, but every single year I run into the same problem, which is getting wrapped up into too many leagues and it being more money than I prefer to spend each week. I think eventually I'll join one, though.
    I remember that summer league we did a different one every Friday, or was it Saturday night! As I remember you would win your share of them, and take the pot home with you on more then one occasion!! You adapted well to the various patterns, and I remember you winning the US Open pattern one night! It was a one night elimination, where you bowled until it was a two person bowl off for the prize money!

The pots were not huge, but big enough to cover the entry fee, and a night out on the town!!

I remember down in NKC AMF, I Iceman bowled a 275 on the turnpike pattern! Was told by the manager it was the highest score bowled that session! My
    average would be much lower then The Dudes... but I have my moments... LOL ,,,, and at my age, that's good with me!

But You are the Dude!! I think with some practice, and bowling them more often you would handle them very well, and would be right up there in the 230's!

You through a very unique style of ball,,, and it looks like a two finger bowler, but you use your thumb hole. Great Rev's, and Speed, unbelievable pin action.
    I can only imagine what you could do with that NEW DV8, THE DUDE!!
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Quote Originally Posted by MICHAEL View Post
    I remember that summer league we did a different one every Friday, or was it Saturday night! As I remember you would win your share of them, and take the pot home with you on more then one occasion!! You adapted well to the various patterns, and I remember you winning the US Open pattern one night! It was a one night elimination, where you bowled until it was a two person bowl off for the prize money!

The pots were not huge, but big enough to cover the entry fee, and a night out on the town!!

I remember down in NKC AMF, I Iceman bowled a 275 on the turnpike pattern! Was told by the manager it was the highest score bowled that session! My
    average would be much lower then The Dudes... but I have my moments... LOL ,,,, and at my age, that's good with me!

But You are the Dude!! I think with some practice, and bowling them more often you would handle them very well, and would be right up there in the 230's!

You through a very unique style of ball,,, and it looks like a two finger bowler, but you use your thumb hole. Great Rev's, and Speed, unbelievable pin action.
    I can only imagine what you could do with that NEW DV8, THE DUDE!!
    Yeah that was fun! We do need to consider getting in a sport league at some point, but I'll have to drop a league.

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    I don't even think it should be an option. I mean, if a bowler is averaging >210 in a sanctioned league, there's really nothing more to prove and it's time to get that PBA card and take that next step towards tournaments or leagues with large cash payouts or maybe even the PBA tour. At some point the high school athlete has to compete at the college level and the college athlete at the pro level.
    Well, to be honest Aslan, it doesn't just take an average of over 210 to think you can be a pro. In fact, you'd have to be so detached from reality to believe that. I believe I am no where close to being as good as those pro bowlers. For some tournaments, they are averaging better than me and they are on a PBA shot, and I'm on a typical house shot. If I got my PBA card, and competed with them, I'd get blown out of the water.

Again, consider this a reality check, but averaging over 220 isn't THAT difficult anymore and over 210 is a lot easier than that. If you want, you can check some of the pros USBC page and look at what they averaged in their leagues before they went pro. Most of them average AT LEAST 240 and some probably closer to 250 on typical house shot patterns. It's simply just way to easy for them. For me to be averaging 234 right now, it's really good, no doubt, but I'm no where close to being as good as them, and I'll never be stupid enough to believe it.

To even think about getting your PBA card and make the commitment to compete with the pros, I fully believe you have to be averaging 210 or more on SPORT or PBA patterns, and I know for a fact I can't do that. It's extremely difficult.

The PBA has very low requirements to get your PBA card. To get your PBA card, you have to have a 200 average in your most recent league, or a 190 average in a sport/pba league. A bowler with an average between 200 and 220 on a typical house shot has no chance at all to be a good pro bowler, and anyone between 220-240 better damn well be good at sport/pba patterns. A 190 average in a sport or pba league is a lot tougher than a 200-220 average on a typical house shot, but even still, to only average 190 on those tough shots is nothing when most the pros are averaging at least 220 on all those tough shots.

So why is the requirement so low, you may ask. Because the PBA appreciates your donation to them of $300 for a FULL membership as you go bowl their tournament and fail miserably.
    Last edited by JaMau24; 11-09-2013 at 02:25 AM.

Chats: 256

Most of them average AT LEAST 240 and some probably closer to 250 on typical house shot patterns. It's simply just way to easy for them. For me to be averaging 234 right now, it's really good, no doubt, but I'm no where close to being as good as them, and I'll never be stupid enough to believe it.
    Absolutely agreed. Averaging over 240 on a house shot is a must for anyone looking to go pro. Couple regional pros in my Tuesday league that are averaging in the 240+ range. One of them, I had mentioned before on this board, is an 18/19 year old two hander that averages 250+. He will bowl regionals, but not go on tour. Couple of others that bowl in this same center that bowl regionally actually went and bowled in the WSOB. One placed 44th, another 60th, the last one 95th.

So, it is not as easy as you may make it seem Aslan. Maintaining an average in the 220-230's is a whole other level from maintaining a 210. Forget about 240's unless you can really just focus on bowling and not much else.

I would not think of even bowling a Regional event with my average currently at 231. Like Jason said, those guys are on a whole other level.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Blog Entries

Default Well SAID Jason, but

Well said, BUT, I am not sure you don't have what it takes to roll with the big boys! Maybe you could use more experience on Sports Patterns, but that doesn't mean you couldn't be as good on them, as you are on TYPICLAL House Patterns! LOL,,, LOL,,, Nothing typical about house patterns in my opinion!

House Patterns and lanes are never the same around here and you KNOW THAT,,, most times they are an enigma, and it takes a while to figure them out!!
    They should call them: Untypical House Pattern Surprise! LOL

You have a gift,,, and its too bad I am not Rich,,, I would sponsor you for a cut of the action!! Don't ever think your not a gifted bowler! Do you have bad days, YES,,, do Pro's have REAL BAD DAYS,,, Hell yes!!!! Maybe Rich on bowlingball.com, is rich enough, and would be interested in sponsoring you, and that DV8 Dude would be a great start toward your PBA future!!!!!!

You have what it takes,,, Maybe not as good looking as Iceman, but you have the talent!!! Never stop Dreaming! Dreams are the stuff that reality is made of!!
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Around 200 is pretty good for limited games on harder oil patterns. I'm at 208 now but am only bowling 3 games a week on a THS. So, I know that a sport/pba pattern would just eat me up for a while. But, eventually I would like to see how hard they are first hand.
    BowlingVids.com -- USBC Tennessee (2204-27181) California (222-32895)

IndexGenie.com -- In The Bag --> Roto Grip Wrecker - Roto Grip Hyper Cell - Storm Polar Ice Hybrid

Blog Entries

Default Iceman's thoughts on Typical Sports Patterns!!

Quote Originally Posted by circlecity View Post
    Around 200 is pretty good for limited games on harder oil patterns. I'm at 208 now but am only bowling 3 games a week on a THS. So, I know that a sport/pba pattern would just eat me up for a while. But, eventually I would like to see how hard they are first hand.
    Hard?? I don't think that's the right word for this reason! I bowled a 275 on a Turnpike last year, freshly laid down. Did I do it the first game that day? Hell no! lol,, but after I found out they were JACKING WITH ME AT THE AMF in North Kansas City,,, I worked on it,,,,,, different angle, different touch, made adjustments, and guess what,,, by the 3rd game I had a 275! The highest bowled on that pattern that day! I was not on that league, and it was my first experience bowling sport patterns, but I had read a lot about them. I remember the mgr telling me to take the sheet home and frame it!!

For a, (I hate the term TYPICAL, nothing typical about any pattern IMHA) , it can blow you away at first! But then you learn the way to play them, and its not as big a deal as most people make it out to be. KNOWLEDGE, is the KEY!!

KNOWLEDGE, Talent, and practice! Talent is the one thing you either have, or don't have,,, athletic gift for the game!! Jason you have that in Spades!!

Bowling Sports Patterns is difficult ONLY because one doesn't know how to adjust and attack it!
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast