Thread: Cold Blood Ball Review

Default Cold Blood Ball Review

Here is my Cold Blood Ball Review. Let me know if there are any questions regarding this ball or any other Hammer products.

BOWLER INFO:
    PAP/Track: 5 1/8” x 1” up
    Axis Rotation: 25 degrees
    Axis Tilt: 12 degrees
    Rev Rate: 440
    Ball Speed: 16-18mph

LANE Patterns Used:
    41' House Shot, 2013 ITC Sectional Singles Pattern (43'), Kegel Kode Challenge Series (40’ & 45’)

1st Ball Layout: 50 x 5 ¼ x 35
    2nd Ball Layout: 60 x 4 ½ x 60

Likes: I was very excited to hear about this ball coming out since I liked the First Blood ball. For me the Frist Blood was a little too much over/under, until I put some surface on this ball. I drilled my 1st Cold Blood the same so I can compare the 2 balls. The Cold Blood is about 6 boards stronger overall with the extra traction earlier than my First Blood with the surface adjustments that I made to it (3000 Abralon). There is still enough push in the front part of the lane with the Clean N Sheen process of the cover, and this ball is very STRONG mid-lane motion ball that continues through the pin decks.
    I have an Amp with the same layout (surface 2000 Abralon), and the Cold Blood was a few boards stronger in the backend than the Amp, which is what this ball is designed to be. I am going to be adjusting my surface on the Amp to have a little more difference between the Cold Blood & Amp.
    The 2nd Cold Blood (pin down) is for the heavier patterns that I may bowl on in the future. I may adjust the surface on this ball to give it a little more length as it is too much ball for what I see in my area.

Dislikes: Might be a little too much ball for the lighter patterns, which it is not designed to be used. There are plenty of options within the Hammer line for the lighter patterns.

With the success of the First Blood from last year, the Cold Blood is thirsty for more oil to play in. This is a ball that bowlers will need to have in the bag to combat the heavier medium to heavy lane patterns. The great thing about this ball is the backend movement it has. It simply does NOT quit turning… Again this ball will be about 3-5 more boards overall with an earlier movement than the First Blood, but with still a big backend motion that does not quit. The Cold Blood compliments the current Hammer lineup very well and I feel this ball will be a ball that most styles of bowlers will enjoy to have in their bag.

This ball is available through your local pro shop on October 8th, so make sure you add this new gem to your Bowling Arsenal.

PICTURES AND/OR VIDEOS
    Cold Blood – 50 x 5 ¼ x 35 - http://i678.photobucket.com/albums/v...ps4330b4f0.jpg
    Cold Blood – 60 x 4 ½ x 60 - http://i678.photobucket.com/albums/v...psccb83fcb.jpg

Chats: 221

nice review