Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi All

Chats: 0

Default Hi All

I found my way over here and just wanted to say hi.

I was a decent bowler, but this year has been a bear. The average is down about 20 pins from last season. I am hoping 2009 will be a better year.

I coach the Juniors at Corbin Bowl and find great joy watching them improve. The kids are great and I am glad to be a part of the program.

I wish you all great bowling in the New Year!

Chats: 19

Welcome!

Amen to 2009... hahahaha. This year hasn't been THAT bad, I've made a bit of improvement, but maybe 2009 can be even better.

It's good of you to coach. You will be a welcome addition to this board.
    Not helping the situation since 1983.

Bowling Average: 180
    Bowling Handicap: Beer
    Bowling Style: Completely Wheels Off
    Righty / Lefty: Righty
    Bowling Balls: Lane #1 Droid (Strike Ball), Storm Crossroad (Strike Ball. I hate the smell...), Hammer No Mercy (Retired Strike Ball. We had a good run. RIP, old friend!), Ebonite Magnum (Spare Ball), Ebonite Maxim (Spare Ball)
    Best Game: 267
    Best Series: 695 (just 5 more pins... I don't wanna talk about it!)

If tonight is any indication, there is hope. The timing was good and the arm swing was back to being long and smooth. I need more work on spares, but even that improved as the night went on!

Super Moderator
    Chats: 12

hello and welcome too the site!
    If ya need anything please just ask and tell all your friends about us !
    ~Brian Hirsch~
    VISE Staff Member
    Bowlingboards.com You're #1 Online Bowling Forums

Super Moderator

Chats: 246

Thong Princess is a great lady my wife and I have had the pleasure of meeting in NC. She's a ballreviews.com poster emeritus, as is janderson, and I'm so glad she's here. Welcome, your highness.

Welcome and Happy new year

Quote Originally Posted by kev3inp View Post
    . Welcome, your highness.
    LOL thank you - I can't wait for July to see you and the wife again. I expect you to be all healed and ready for some competition. My knee is good again. I just may give you and Joe a run for most games bowled

Welcome and pray for the new year to be joyous and high scoring. Most games bowled? Over the past years, I've noticed a drop in many bowlers cutting back to 1 - 2 nights instead of 4 - 5. I'm still on the 4-5 night, with a few sub spots - We're almost in to January and I have 212 leagues games bowled this season. my record was 465 last year. (Not counting Tournaments) and no I'm no iron man - just love the game and the ways to improve it (all depends on yourself)

Iceman - Amen to that - 2009 has got to be better than 2008 in more ways than just bowling.

I must clarify - the most games comment was in reference to "The Gathering" in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. It is an annual gathering of bowlers, primarily from BR and some from Bowl4Fun. It started 6 years ago and this will be the 7th. We bowl, eat, bowl, eat, bowl, eat, sleep, bowl and so on. There are those who throw drink in the mix. It is a great time and those who come once are pretty much hooked. I think I am the only non-local to have been to all 6.

Joe is in his 70s and usually bowls everyone else under the table. He had to be coerced to leave the lanes for dinner a few times. Kevin has been trying to out bowl Joe. Last year I bowled a total of about 6 games the whole time due to a bad knee. The event was Friday - Sunday but many of us arrive as early as Tuesday or Wednesday. Between Thursday and Friday I have bowled about 25 - 30 games and not come close to Joe.

That sounds like fun - when and where is the next one? I've been to a few of these mostly north of Ohio, but most of the ppl that were gathering are not commitment types. I love excuses to get out of Ohio for a while.

Record for me - most games bowled at 1 time - 21. my legs were numb - last 5 games were 260 or better. Even though I couldn't duplicate that again if my life depended on it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast