Thread: Brunswick Hawk bowling shoes

Chats: 204

Thumbs up Brunswick Hawk bowling shoes

I bought a pair of Dexter Ricky IIs which I heard good things about, but I bought them a half size too small so I went on Ebay and found these Brunswick Hawks.

They are quite stylish, seemed to be high quality, and they were extremely comfortable. The sliding portion of the left shoe seemed to be wearing a bit, so I've retired the shoes and went back to the Ricky IIs. But if I come across another pair of Hawks on Ebay, I won't hesitate to buy them.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Pyramid Force Pearl; (: .) Brunswick Rhino Gold; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 185; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 15.5mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

For some reason I was under the impression that you're a relatively new bowler, and yet you've worn out a pair of shoes? Can you take a guess at how many games you bowled with them?

For reference my first pair of bowling shoes (Dexters) lasted at least 15 seasons of once a week league bowling with maybe two or three non-league outings a year. Easily 1600 plus games before the soles cracked in half.
    John

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    For some reason I was under the impression that you're a relatively new bowler, and yet you've worn out a pair of shoes? Can you take a guess at how many games you bowled with them?
    First, I bought them used...so I don't know how many games were on them. I probably have 120-165 games on them. Second...they are still "functional"....I can still slide with them and everything. It's just that the sliding sole part is starting to wear. I think I must have stepped in something...because there's a little stain on the bottom. But they aren't completely worn out or anything. If I didn't have two pairs of Dexters in my closet...I could still wear the Brunswicks for awhile.

Plus I'm probably harder on my shoes than most...sliding with 210lbs...a long approach and slide distance...and I don't ever wear shoe covers when I'm walking around the alley.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Pyramid Force Pearl; (: .) Brunswick Rhino Gold; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 185; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 15.5mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!