Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Radical Reax Version 2 Bowling Ball Reaction Video by bowlingball.com

Chats: 204

I'm just wondering if the original Reax is gonna drop drastically in price with the release of Version 2. Man...I might scoop me up a Reax if it hits the clearance section of BowlerX or bowlingball.com.

I like Version 2 more...friggin awesome....but I can't turn down a good bargain!!!
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Pyramid Force Pearl; (: .) Brunswick Rhino Gold; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 187; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.3mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Chats: 243

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    I'm just wondering if the original Reax is gonna drop drastically in price with the release of Version 2. Man...I might scoop me up a Reax if it hits the clearance section of BowlerX or bowlingball.com.

I like Version 2 more...friggin awesome....but I can't turn down a good bargain!!!
    if you like used balls i know a guy here in sd that is selling a barely used reax for $50

4 1/2 span with IT thumb
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Storm Crossroad, Roto Grip Defiant, DV8 Too Reckless, Brunswick Avalanche Urethane

Ball Speed: 18Mph
    Rev Rate: 450
    Current average: 199
    High game: 300
    High Series: 769

Quote Originally Posted by e-tank View Post
    if you like used balls i know a guy here in sd that is selling a barely used reax for $50

4 1/2 span with IT thumb
    Nope...only new balls. I can get great, great balls online for $60 shipped brand new undrilled. Why pay a guy $50 plus $23 to ship it? I look around on Ebay sometimes...but other than an entry level reactive ball I got used for a friend who was just getting into bowling....that I got for $7.99 plus $9.99 shipping...there are some real, real good deals on new balls online as long as you're like me and not too particular about the brand, weight, etc...
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Pyramid Force Pearl; (: .) Brunswick Rhino Gold; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    Ball Speed: 14.3mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Ringer
    Chats: 0

What site do you go to get your new balls at?

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    Nope...only new balls. I can get great, great balls online for $60 shipped brand new undrilled. Why pay a guy $50 plus $23 to ship it? I look around on Ebay sometimes...but other than an entry level reactive ball I got used for a friend who was just getting into bowling....that I got for $7.99 plus $9.99 shipping...there are some real, real good deals on new balls online as long as you're like me and not too particular about the brand, weight, etc...
    considering that you have to pay to drill a nib ball, why not get one used in mint condition that fits your span? Idk what your shop charges but mine is 70 with grips.

Storm Crossroad, Roto Grip Defiant, DV8 Too Reckless, Brunswick Avalanche Urethane

Ringer
    Chats: 0

70$ is a ton to pay for a new drilling

Quote Originally Posted by manke View Post
    its to deter people from buying online. His prices are usually the price you can buy a ball online + $60 so why not buy from him instead?

Quote Originally Posted by manke View Post
    Agreed.

I mean, for me...when I bought my Frantic...first ball I ever bought...I had to choose between getting it for $89 and then paying $35 to drill it. OR...buy it from the pro shop for $109 and get the drilling for free...plus he gave me free tape, thumb powder, and free instruction.

It was a no brainer AND I got to support my local pro shop.

I think drilling ranges from $35-$45 for a standard 3-hole ball...maybe another $8 for inserts. But if you know your span and how you want it drilled...you can get it drilled online for $12-$24. Bowlingball.com has an extensive part of their for sale section where they offer different drilling patterns for each ball.

So I either pay $50 for a used ball...PLUS $25 to ship it...and assuming it matches my span...I'm out $75....for a ball that someone is probably selling because they're used it enough that it's no longer the "new ball reaction".

Or...you can buy a ball from a pro shop...pay lets say $119...they probably will drill it for free if you bought it from them.

Or, you can get it from bowlingball.com...$109 plus $24 to drill....free shipping....you're out $133.

Or you can get one on clearance, $79...free shipping...then have it drilled for $50...you're out $129.

So I always advocate the pro shop approach...IF they drill for free if you buy it from them. If they don't...then I'd advocate the clearance approach and pay the pro shop to drill it. In both scenarios...you get a new ball, drilled for you by a pro, and you're supporting your local pro shop. The used option is cheaper...you'll save like $40...but I'm leary of buying someone else's ball...drilled for their hand...that they've thrown some games on. It "could" be cool...and save you enough money to almost get a 2nd ball. But man...if they're getting rid of it...why are they getting rid of it? And if it doesn't match you...and you gotta have it plugged and re-drilled...whats that, another $65?

It's an interesting debate...maybe for another place...the economics of the different ways to purchase bowling balls...but the main thing to take away from THIS IS!!!

I WANT A Radical REAX VERSION 2!!!! AND YOU SHOULD TOO...no matter WHERE or HOW or HOW MUCH!!!....and preferably...from bowlingball.com (who made the video)!!!

Quote Originally Posted by e-tank View Post
    its to deter people from buying online. His prices are usually the price you can buy a ball online + $60 so why not buy from him instead?
    My local pro shop is the same way. The ball is a little more expensive, but he drills it for free if you buy it from him. If you don't...the penalty is the drilling will cost ya $35-$45. I still think $70 is high though. Not Cray Cray for California...I wouldn't be surprised to see as high as $75 at certain pro shops. But the going rate is in the $25-$50 range most places I've been in Southern California.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12