Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: motorcycles

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Default ICEMAN likes a LOT!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
    I'm glad you enjoyed that Mike. Hopefully, before I'm too old to ride the thing, I'll be fast. My gf and I are going to do some track days this Summer. She rides a ZX6R. My bikes are my primary addiction, above everything else!
    Makes me want to go to the garage, jump on my bike and ride!! LOL Only problem is 2 inches of fricken Snow!!

Would you give me a picture of the mount on the movies you made, and the camera? I need to do that while I can still ride! I am getting up there in age, but honestly feel much younger then my 65 years! In fact, most people say I don't look a day over 64 1/2!

Those are GREAT MOVIES,,,,, I want to make one of me, so my kids can see the WHY I AM a Biker, and always have been!

I have never owned a Harley, simply because in my time slot, they were not anything I was remotely interested in! I was into anything I could put between my legs that got me to 60 MPH in a couple seconds!!

Then in my 50's I went Goldwing simple because I wanted to tour the country, and still have a powerful nimble bike to do it with!

I am planning on a trip back to California maybe this spring, and will take my bowling balls with me! I need to bowl this guy called Aslan,, lol,,, on his own turf!! By then Aslan you should be ready for the absolute terror and destruction of Iceman

Biking is such a huge part of what brings me pleasure, that I can't even imagine not being able to ride! WHAT reason would there be to exist?? I like bowling very much, but biking will always be my number one pleasure!

I some times have flash backs of the feel and smell crossing the mountains in CA, NM, AZ, Utah ect!!

When you get the time show me how, and what you used for those incredible captures of you riding your bike!!! thanks.
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Now I am debating this year do I keep the 06 R1 and put $3-$5,000 into it or do I dump it and buy a 12 R1 red anniversary edition. Choices. I'd like to just keep the 06 and get a 12. But the fun governor wouldn't like that. No sir. Definitely riding a lot this year and doing some track days. September we are doing a big deal's gap trip if anyone is interested I can post the details here.

My videos:

https://vimeo.com/69592884

https://vimeo.com/12100558

https://vimeo.com/19376723

and what we do in the off season:

https://vimeo.com/45610195

Mike, all I use is a GoPro motorsports edition. It comes with a suction cup mount. That's how I got the Harley shot and I use a Chesty mount for the sport bike stuff. Its an elastic harness you wear that has a mount on it. Something else you need is a Micover, it's one of those fuzzy things you put on the back of the camera housing to cut down the wind noise.

Blog Entries

Default muddpuppy, I LIKE!!

Great Fricken movies.....It reminded me of me, back in my 30, 40, and even early 50s!! Thanks for the ride!!!
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Blog Entries

Default Thanks Big Daddy!!

[QUOTE=Big Daddy;98424]Mike, all I use is a GoPro motorsports edition. It comes with a suction cup mount. That's how I got the Harley shot and I use a Chesty mount for the sport bike stuff. Its an elastic harness you wear that has a mount on it. Something else you need is a Micover, it's one of those fuzzy things you put on the back of the camera housing to cut down the wind noise.

thanks for the info!! I want to make a few videos while I still can ride!! I did do a ride from Modesto Ca, to Kansas City Mo. in two days... 1800 miles..... Only stopped for food and gas!! Great ride form modesto to Kansas city, other Kansas, and part of Colorado. The mountains were great in Colorado, but once you cross them,,, nothing but flat lands.... That trip was 5 years ago. Rain storms, snow, you name it... it was one hell of and adventure!!
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Chats: 204

New Year's resolution…Iceman being able to use the "QUOTE" function properly.

Blog Entries

Default Another picture of my bike and trailer

Just before a trip,,, the bike, and trailer! We built the trailer out of a modified Harbor Freight unit! Then modified and made the Sears Cargo unit fit on top! It been to Ca, and back 2 times so far, and it pulls like its not even there!!!
    Saved myself about 4000.00 bucks... Mine was under 400.00!!

Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Hey Mike, my gf and I are gonna do some track days this Summer so I'll make sure to share my vids. here for you. For the record, I'm 51 and just getting started.

Quote Originally Posted by MICHAEL View Post
    Great Fricken movies.....It reminded me of me, back in my 30, 40, and even early 50s!! Thanks for the ride!!!
    Thanks. I have thousands of hours of footage just no time to edit. Those are a few that I actually did edit. I still have some really cool Anza-Borrego footage to edit and put up from when I went to California in 2011 to ride in the desert. Hoping to go back this February as well.

Chats: 0

this is the one thing I have yet to be able to talk my wife into getting. She doesnt see the reason to spend the money on it.

Looking at a Kawasaki or a Harley havent decided yet though.
    Proud Member of BowlingBoards.com

I am a proud winner of a Bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast