Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: BREAKING NEWS: MICHAEL shoots his SECOND 300!!

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    Okay Iceman…explain this to me because I plan to shoot a 300 soon and have been thinking about this ;

You get a free 300 ring once per year if you shoot 1 or more 300s during that year; correct?? And I believe you can buy additional rings or other keepsakes if you choose. Is that accurate? So did they give you the first one free and you had to buy the 2nd one?

Question 2: Due to the outrageously high price of gold…they now give you some sort of "goldlike" metal rings rather than actual gold. Is that what those are made out of? Or did you pay extra to get some gold or did you go ALL OUT and pay the $845 for solid gold?

Question 3: They were shot 6 months apart, but are not exactly the same. Do they give you different options in terms of design?

Thanks!
    I can't answer your FIRST question about how many you get now!

Question 2: you can accept the free one, that is ((((NOT WHAT THEY USE TO BE, Gold with a real diamond)))), I have seen a few of them that go way back, they are cool!! You will get a brochure that has optional rings, with even more options as to what you want on the ring all at extra cost! Yes you pay more for the gold! Did I go all out??? Maybe I did, and maybe I didn't!! LOL
    Your question about different options on the ring, YES, they change from year to year, but you do have several options, you local bowling alley has the catalogue along with all the various rings, and awards!

After 2014, If you get a 300 game you will it what's called a lifetime 300 ring! So you could get one that has a number on the front, and maybe send it in to have it revised when your number of 300s grow! I have seen the ones that have how many 300s!
    I still qualify for ONE more 300 ring because of the dates that I received mine! My next one will be the Lifetime ring!
    I want the 800 real bad,,, running out of time,,, got a late start!

Wish I would have started bowing before age 63!!!! LOL
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Chats: 256

Bad link, try this one....http://keepsakebowling.com/home.mvc/index
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by MICHAEL View Post
    Did I go all out??? Maybe I did, and maybe I didn't!! LOL
    Well, they "look" gold…but could be gold palladium or whatever the metal is. Given the price of gold right now, I don't think you bought 2 in 14k gold…unless you sold the motorcycle. But apparently it's a "secret".
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 185; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Chats: 256

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    Well, they "look" gold…but could be gold palladium or whatever the metal is. Given the price of gold right now, I don't think you bought 2 in 14k gold…unless you sold the motorcycle. But apparently it's a "secret".
    They do use a metal colored to look like gold called Golden Siladium. Just look at the options on the link I posted above.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345