Thread: Tribal Review and Video by T.SuperHitMan

Default Tribal Review and Video by T.SuperHitMan

Rev Rate: 420

Axis Tilt: 20

Axis Rotation: 45

Ball Speed: 17

PAP Measurements: 4 1/8

Layout: 4 x 4 1/2 (no weight hole)

Description: Fusion Pearl Reactive coverstock + Halogen core = Tribal. Out of box the Tribal sits at 2000 polished. The FPR cover proved successful with the Primal Rage so needless to say I was very pleased to see the party kept going with the make of the Tribal, if your primal rage becomes “too much” ball this is where the Tribal comes in as its purpose is to complement the Primal Rage. The engine being the Halogen light bulb core provides a 2.55 rg which gets the ball down lane accompanied by a .037 differential, the Tribal retains energy for a barbarous backend on light oil conditions.

Reaction: My Tribal is longer than my Primal Rage and eight boards weaker in the backend which is what I expected when I saw the dna blueprint of the ball, this ball is very similar to the primal rage in terms of barbarous continuation. Out of box the Tribal will provide you with Motiv’s version of skid/flip, what I mean by that is when the ball encounters friction it’s not going to make an uncontrollable move. To further experiment I also took the polish off of the Tribal leaving the cover at 2000 and the ending result was that the length remained the same but the ball reaction two boards earlier. If you were a fan of the redballrage but you want to go smaller the Tribal is where you want to go.

Conditions THS (40 feet): I’ve used the Tribal out of box at 2000 polished as well as 2000 abralon without polish. The ball motion I got out of it was clean and long as the ball didn’t read until the end of the pattern. Once it found what it was looking for it made a controllable flip off the pattern. Standing in the same area as I would with my Primal Rage at 25 targeting 15 the tribal gave me a predictable skid flip motion I’ve never had before, when it encounters the friction the ball didn’t grab instead it just ignored it and made its continuous move. The polish gives the Tribal a smooth transition off the pattern. At 2000 with no polish I was able to stand in the same area that I mentioned above but this I could see the ball grab the friction and hard controllable flip off the pattern, I could see the ball go through the reaction stages without the polish.

Atlanta Pattern (38 feet): I had no difficulty at all throwing the Tribal on this pattern. The pattern played to my strength allowing me to play inside standing 20 targeting 15, as the pattern transition I gravitated left standing 25 while still targeting 15. The friction was never a problem for the Tribal, as it increased the further left I gravitated and was able to enjoy its angular ball motion.

Summary: The Tribal is a great complement to the Primal Rage when it becomes too much ball for the condition; The Tribal in my bag is best suited for medium to light medium conditions. I did use this ball on a heavier house shot pattern and the success was moderate but I was also using the ball outside of its realm, the Tribal isn’t built for heavy oil but that’s where the Cruel Intent comes into play. On the mediums and below this ball will shine and dominate.

Video
    http://youtu.be/7XHG-RtcW_g

K.C. White II
    Motiv Staffer

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Nice looking ball!! If your looking for another tester, Iceman is available!! Nice movement on the ball, in large part do to Mr White!!!
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!