Storm Byte Ball Review

A pearl version of the Sync? Yes please! I thought the Sync was fantastic for heavier oil and some shorter patterns. The Sync is a pearl version of it and it definitely shows. This is a high performance ball that will provide length and plenty of pop down lane. I find this ball to be really good on many types of lane conditions. In oil, you can scratch the surface with an abralon pad or to put some teeth in it to read the lane. When the lanes start to break down, the pearl in the cover stock will provide length and angle down lane.

I have drilled two Byte’s thus far. The first one is approximately 4 ½ x 4 ½ x 70 putting the mass bias just to the right of my thumb. Out of the box, I saw the Byte a bit too clean for me. I took the shine off by hand with a used 2000 pad and this ball came alive. It read the mid-lane much harder and still provided a strong, angular motion at the break point. The second one I drilled is 5 ½ x 4 ½ x 50 with a small hole approximately 2’ under my PAP. This was drilled for the purpose of when the lanes start to break down and I can get deep. When a Hyroad Pearl, Deranged, and Lights out are still a bit too clean, the Byte will still see the mid-lane and provide that solid change of direction down lane.

This is a ball that will fill that asymmetrical, pearl, high performance gap in anyone’s game. It’s a crucial part of everyone’s arsenal that should be filled. If your high performance balls are too strong and mid range balls are too clean, the Byte will fill that gap!

If you have any questions at all, feel free to email me at PJ.Haggerty@yahoo.com

Visit StormBowling.com for more information!

#StormNation