Chats: 0

Default Hy-Road Pearl by staffer Garrett Richardson

Hand: Left
    Ball Speed: 16-17mph
    Ball Weight: 15lbs
    PAP: 5 left 7/16 up
    Degrees of Tilt: 17
    Layout: 4 ½ x 5 ½ x 4 ¼

The Hyroad Pearl I have drilled pin under the ring finger with the cg in with no hole with the factory finish 1500 grit polish. With (once again) my favorite cover stock the R2S technology and the great Inverted Fe² Technology™ that is from my first pin down ball I have ever drilled the T-Road pearl that this was going to bring back great memories.

Lets see...How do I start this review up and not be so emotional and give you good info about it because I just didn't see this coming and I love that Storm did this and kept the original Hyroad in the line up also.....For people who know me I have always loved the Hyroad and forever will. I keep a Hyroad in my at all times because it gets me out of jams when other balls couldn't. I have gone through many Hyroads and none of them have let me down and could use it for THOUSANDS of games! That is how I feel with the new Hyroad Pearl. The Hyroad Pearl reminds me of the T-Road pearl with the same cover stock and weight block technology with the only difference is the color and the name.

The Hyroad gives me a great mid lane read with a predictable back end that is controllable and when the Hyroad starts to hook too much or not enough with the heads being burnt I go to the Hyroad Pearl that is cleaner through the fronts and gives me a strong BUT controllable back end. It does not have the whipping back end action like a typical pearl for me but that is what I like about it which I believe the change in color pigmentation comes into play unlike with the T-Road Pearl being a blue color it had more of an angular look. I am able to read what the lanes are doing on the back end with the Hyroad Pearl and can stay in the same part of the lane and not give the pocket away. All and all the Hyroad Pearl is going to be another great ball Storm is putting out and hopefully this ball will also stay in the line up for 5 years or more. If you want to replace your T-Road pearl that I know many people still use or a great new/old technology that still works for medium condition or your typical house shot pattern this is the ball for you. For the T-Road Pearl users don't be afraid for replace it with the Hyroad Pearl. You will be very happy with it.

If you have any questions about the Hyroad Pearl email me at garrett.richardson@pinolebowlerssupply.com

Garrett Richardson
    Storm/Roto Grip Amateur Staff
    Vise Inserts Amateur Staff
    Pinole Bowler’s Supply
    www.facebook.com/grstorm
    www.facebook.com/pinolebowlerssupply
    www.stormbowling.com
    www.rotogrip.com
    www.viseinserts.com

I just got the hy road pearl, what I like is I dont have thar uncontrollabe movement. first league night with it I shot 668. 199, 192, and 276. first nine then thumb hung up in ball, my fault no 300, was dissapointed. but all in all great ball.