Thread: RIP Billy Hardwick

Unhappy RIP Billy Hardwick

November 16th, 2013.

Apparent heart attack.

Proud Member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums
    14's Deadly Aim, First Blood, HyRoad Pearl, Tropical Breeze, Rising Star, Maxim Spare

Chats: 204

Aw man. Tres bummer.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SxDirW3IhM
    Billy Hardwick in his prime
    John

Chats: 304

Rest in paradise, Billy Hardwick. Prayers and condolences to the Hardwick family :'(
    My bowling balls include:
    Brunswick Brute Strength, Brunswick Mastermind Genius, DV8 Endless Nightmare, DV8 Diva, DV8 Diva Pearl, DV8 Marauder Mutiny, & Brunswick White Viz-A-Ball spare ball

Link to nice article about Billy...

http://stormbowling.com/news/2013/11/4302

"Man, Billy looks like a Badass in that picture!"

Link to podcast with Billy's son Chris Hardwick interviewing him...

http://www.nerdist.com/2012/06/nerdi...illy-hardwick/

Very sweet. Billy was one a heck of a guy!
    14's Deadly Aim, First Blood, HyRoad Pearl, Tropical Breeze, Rising Star, Maxim Spare

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post

Link to podcast with Billy's son Chris Hardwick interviewing him...

http://www.nerdist.com/2012/06/nerdi...illy-hardwick/

Very sweet. Billy was one a heck of a guy!

I listened to the rest of the podcast last night. Billy tells some really funny and touching stories about the tour back in the day.

If you get a chance please listen. There's a comment section to post condolences if you wish as well.

Lets not get too down in the dumps folks. The important thing is; Billy Hardwick is STILL ALIVE in my Fantasy Tournament posted elsewhere on the site. From a field of 64, he's one of the remaining 8...so the rest of the tournament will be in honor of his memory!!
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Actually the podcast is quite funny. My husband enjoyed it. He lost his Dad as a teenager. I think Billy reminded him of how his Dad may have been in his later years.

I'm so glad Billy got to see Chris get the big TV contract with @Midnight.

I just got done working with/visiting with Barry Asher who just got back from the funeral in Memphis. It was interesting to hear him talk about the funeral and Billy…I guess he was one of 3 other PBA pro bowlers that were there and knew Billy well.