Default Rotogrip Rumble review by staffer Sean Baker

Rotogrip Rumble
    PAP-5 over and ½ up
    Ball Speed: 15-17mph
    Rev Rate: 300-500
    Right Handed
    Layout: Basic pin up with ½ side weight
    Surface Preparation: OTB

What I wanted from this ball: Late roll with a strong continuation to the pocket
    Result: Exactly what I wanted.

Being a huge fan of the wrecker, I wanted this ball to stronger with a more violent backend reaction. This is exactly what I got from this ball. I didn’t alter the surface at all and went with a strong drill pattern for me. I did not put a weight hole in this ball, but did put about ½ ounce side weight to help it move.

I tested this ball on our home wood lanes with our house pattern. Our house pattern is a tough shot with dry heads in the middle portion of the lanes from 10-10 and a huge early backend and a hold area from 10-5 with a massive out of bounds 5 and out.

I bowled 3 games keeping this ball around the 10 board and scored great. I managed to get great length and a hard continuing backend reaction towards the pocket. The carry was awesome and this ball carried both light and heavy pocket hits for me. The second set of games, I moved deeper inside playing around the 15 board and swinging the ball out to 8 board. Keep in mind that our house patter has an out of bounds past the 5 board. The rumble did exactly as I expected it to do. I was able to get great length throughout the dry portion of our lanes and still get a great snap to the pocket. I did hang some corner pins, but that is expected with our pattern due to the massive backend in the middle portions of our lanes. I was able to get this ball a bit wide and still have recovery to the pocket as well.

Compared to the wrecker, this ball is much more controllable and forgiving.

Pro shop reaction: I cannot keep this ball in stock. As soon as I put one on display, it sells within two to three days! This ball has a fantastic look as well. All of my rumble customers agree that this ball is much stronger than they expected.

Recommendations: I would recommend this ball for any bowler ranging from beginner to advanced bowlers. The rumble would be a great benchmark ball to start out with.

Storm-Roto Grip Staff
    Sean Baker
    Bowl Like a Pro Shop
    Paducah, Ky 42001

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Layout: Basic pin up with ½ side weight
    Oh now that's just a plain lazy way to describe a layout.
    And side weight in layout description? what happened we go back in time?

Surface Preparation: OTB
    OTB? what the ball was papered with betting slips.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker