Rotogrip Deranged
PAP-5 over and ½ up
Ball Speed: 15-17mph
Rev Rate: 300-500
Right Handed
Layout: 5x5x2.5
Surface Preparation: OTB

What I wanted from this ball: I wanted a pearl version of my Disturbed.

Result: Exactly what I expected from this ball. A pearl version of my Disturbed that allows me to attack dryer lane conditions with force.

Compared to the Disturbed, This ball for me does exactly what I wanted it to do. The cover is strong enough to give me the extreme backend reaction I wanted while the symmetrical core allows to get the ball down the lanes with ease.

I tested this ball on our home wood lanes with our house pattern. Our house pattern is a pretty tough shot with dryer heads in the middle portion of the lane creating a huge early backend reaction for most and a massive out of bounds from the first arrow out. There is a small hold area around the 8 board but you cant miss inside or out.

The first set of 3 games on a freshly oiled pair, I played a much deeper shot than usual on our house condition. I stayed around 15 and sent the ball out to 10 where normally I would not be able to play so tight with my disturbed and most other equipment. Not this ball! The Deranged allowed me to play tighter and came roaring back to the pocket with full force and had a strong continuation throughout the pins. The next set of three games, I had to actually move right since our house pattern pushes down somewhat and creates a larger over under reaction. Without thinking much, I simply made a five board move to the right with my feet and moved my mark to the 10 board and continued to swing out to five. The Deranged continued to come through for me once again by giving me great front end length and a strong reaction. I continued to move right and left over the course of the next 10 games and found that this ball is exactly what I was looking for when my Disturbed started hooking up way too early.

To sum this ball up, I am extremely satisfied with the reaction this ball gives me on dryer lane conditions. The Deranged keeps length through the heads and revs up to create a strong backend reaction.

Pro Shop Reaction: A great selling ball with a great look and price. My customers are very satisfied with this ball! Several customers have already shot large 700 series in our house and continue to love this ball.

Recommendations: I would definitely recommend this ball to anyone wanting a strong backend reaction but great length through the heads..

Storm/Roto Grip Staff
Sean Baker
Bowl Like a Pro Shop
Paducah, Ky 42001