Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Sport League Scores

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Buddies Winter Challenge league
    Pattern ??? 37?
    163, 193, 209, 185

Subbed again for the same friend. I was crossing with one of the guys from the pro shop, the mother of one of our best junior bowlers, and two of our junior bowlers.
    John

Bowling Guru

Buddies Winter Challenge League
    Pattern: Don Johnson 40’
    138, 171,174, 173

Spare shooting was horrendous the first game. It was still a little bit off the rest of the night.
    John

Bowling Guru

Well, we're through the first four weeks of Buddies Summer Challenge and I'm just getting around to posting my scores. Amazingly the recap from the most embarrassing set has gone missing, and we don't even have a dog. Anyway here are the other scores:

6/7/21 Billy Hardwick pattern
    Set 2: 167, 180
    Lost both games to one of the guys from the proshop who was subbing.
    To give an idea of how bad the missing set 1 scores were, I had an average of 151 or 152 going into week two.

6/14/21 Billy Hardwick pattern
    Set 1: 157, 168. Lost both to one of the kids who graduated from our youth league 2 years ago.
    Set 2: 170, 160. Lost both to another Youth league alumnus.

6/21/21 Marshal Holman pattern
    Set 1: 145, 170. Won the first game by 2 pins, lost the second by 15. Was bowling one of the three people in the league older than myself.
    Set 2: 142, 190. Lost both to one of our current youth bowlers, ( Because it's a singles league, Youth bowlers are allowed to compete with their prize moneys going into their USBC Smart Accounts )

6/28/21 Marshall Holman pattern
    Set 1: 185, 183. First game was close until my opponent struck out in the 9th & 10th to win by 27 pins. Second game I won by 32.
    Set 2: 178, 151. My opponent was a woman who is filling in for her husband who signed up for the league and has yet to throw a shot. I won both games. First week that my spare shooting wasn't completely horrible. Naturally now that I'm starting to fell like I know what I'm doing in this league we don't bowl on the 5th.
    John

Ringer
    Chats: 0

The youth bowler thing is kind of interesting. Is this bowler under 18? If so, how difficult was it to get all of the adult bowlers on the league SafeSport compliant?

Bowling Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ryster View Post
    The youth bowler thing is kind of interesting. Is this bowler under 18? If so, how difficult was it to get all of the adult bowlers on the league SafeSport compliant?
    Good question. We have 7 kids that I’m pretty sure are U18 and maybe 3 or 4 more that might be. I know two of the young adults did the Safe Sport training and I’m compliant through my youth league coaching. I honestly have no idea if anyone else is.
    John

Ringer
    Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    Good question. We have 7 kids that I’m pretty sure are U18 and maybe 3 or 4 more that might be. I know two of the young adults did the Safe Sport training and I’m compliant through my youth league coaching. I honestly have no idea if anyone else is.
    The requirement that all adult bowlers bowling with junior bowlers having to be SafeSport compliant is what caused all adult leagues at our center to pass rules that bowlers must be 18+. Most of the adult bowlers flat-out refused to become SafeSport compliant [many threatening to quit any league with under age 18 bowlers] so there was really no choice but to require 18+. There were not a lot of under 18 bowlers, but there would be occasions where juniors would come in as subs or something of that nature.

Before SafeSport no one really cared as long as the parental permission form was signed, but then when the requirement came out it became a hot button issue.

Bowling Guru

Buddies Summer Challenge
    Pattern: Del Ballard 34’
    Set 1: 163, 203
    Set 2: 179, 185
    The first set was supposed to be against one of the best junior bowlers in the state, but she was off at Junior Gold. Her older sister subbed for her and really struggled to get the ball to stay on the right side of the headpin. Second set I was supposed to face a college student who had been in our local youth league. She was also away at Junior Gold. Her sub was a young woman who bowled for Sacred Heart University and has made the stepladder of at least one PWBA tournament. She struggled a bit the first game with a bunch of splits, but figured things out the next to beat me by about 30 pins and take wood for the set.
    John

Bowling Guru

Buddies Summer Challenge
    Pattern: Del Ballard 34’
    Set 1: 179, 134

Set 2: 172, 178

Surprisingly I won both games the first set. Found out later my opponent had missed last week and thought we were on a longer pattern.
    Second set won the first game, lost the second but took wood.
    John

Bowling Guru

Buddies Summer Challenge league
    Pattern: Mike Aulby 38’

Set 1: 188, 201

Set 2: 168, 220

The first set I won the first game by 38 and lost the second by 41☹️

The next set I lost the first by 2 and won the second by 61.😁
    John

Bowling Guru

BuddiesSummer Challenge League 8/2/2021

Pattern: Mike Aulby 38’

Set 1: 234, 151

Set 2: 183, 161

Bad spare shooting kept me from sweeping the first set. Second set I trailed the first game start to finish and lost by 5. Next game I again trailed right up to the tenth but then my opponent opened the last frame, letting me win the game and wood.
    John

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast