Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Sport League Scores

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by BrianG View Post
    It's about an hour and a half drive out to the philly area for me which makes it tough. There are a couple houses that are about 45 minutes away from me that have sport leagues but it's a struggle to get a team together.
    The league I bowl in is $25 per week, 4 games. We may drop to 3 games next year to get done faster with the added benefit of more prize money.

No problem getting a team together as it's a singles league. Our big problem is competing for lanes with three other leagues due to Bowlmor acquiring Rip Van Winkle lanes in Norwalk. Since we don't want more than 6 people to a pair, (we started with the PBA format of 4 to a pair though without the PBA lane courtesey) the center has cut us back to only 8 lanes.
    John

Bowling Guru

DV8 Challenge League
    12/28/15
    Pattern: Earl Anthony
    150, 143, 144, 177
    John

Sunday league scores 163 170 208 for 541. Had an issue with my timing so I was very inconsistent throughout the night. The first game i had 5 splits because i was throwing it so bad. The second game i started correcting the issue briefly, Threw a few bad shots and got tapped twice. The third game i gave up on my own equipment and picked up my dad's ball and had a decent look with minor timing issues coming into play again.
    In my bag: Roto Grip Haywire, Ebonite Cyclone Gamebreaker, Brunswick danger zone vintage, Brunswick C-system Maxxed out and Columbia WD. High Game 300 (x3) high series 790...still searching for the 800.

Bowling Guru

DV8 Challenge League
    1/4/15
    Pattern: Earl Anthony
    246, 146, 142, 162

Set the tone for an inconsistent week regardless of which hand i was using or what pattern I was bowling on.
    John

Another rough Sunday night on the lanes. 161, 184, 199 for 544. Talk about struggling again. Just so inconsistent and each lanes playing different made it worse. Good thing is, it was double points and my team, was in 6th after creeping up from 14th, took all 14points. So will should be in 4th.
    In my bag: Roto Grip Haywire, Ebonite Cyclone Gamebreaker, Brunswick danger zone vintage, Brunswick C-system Maxxed out and Columbia WD. High Game 300 (x3) high series 790...still searching for the 800.

Another rough week for me, but another good week for my team. So I start out using my Cyclone Gamebreaker and i throw the first 3 dead flush. I was feeling like I was going to be locked it but SH#t got real after the 5th frame, I just lost is all. I couldn't hit my mark, speed was out of wack, opening up pulling the ball. I mean, I was doing everything wrong it felt like. I went 178-168-134 for a whopping 480.

Bowling Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Hot_pocket View Post
    Another rough week for me, but another good week for my team. So I start out using my Cyclone Gamebreaker and i throw the first 3 dead flush. I was feeling like I was going to be locked it but SH#t got real after the 5th frame, I just lost is all. I couldn't hit my mark, speed was out of wack, opening up pulling the ball. I mean, I was doing everything wrong it felt like. I went 178-168-134 for a whopping 480.
    Yup, been there, done that! I really prefer the weeks when I struggle to get lined up the first game. Then it usually gets better each game.
    John

never got to post from sunday. I now consider myself to be in a slump. i went 158, 178, 169 for 506. I put some practice in earlier in the week so hopefully tomorrow i can get out of said slump. The good news is my team is now tied for 3rd and only 10 pins out of first with position round tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    Yup, been there, done that! I really prefer the weeks when I struggle to get lined up the first game. Then it usually gets better each game.
    yea normally its normally good to bad or bad to good for me. My mechanics have been off so I practiced and made changes to my game.

Had a good day on lanes Sunday. Been kinda busy so I couldn't post. Shot 216 209 203 for 628. It was one of those weeks were I could strike but not spare. Had the first 6 the first game but you wouldn't know it. Changed the line that I normally play and went further outside, practically straight down 5. Made a ball change in the middle of the second game to grind out that 209 and 203. Can't wait till Sunday. I just got a danger zone punched up and I'm hoping to do some damage.

Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast