Chats: 13

Buddies Summer Challenge league

Pattern: Earl Anthony 43’

Set 1: 150, 177

Set 2: 161, 178
    John

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    Good question. We have 7 kids that I’m pretty sure are U18 and maybe 3 or 4 more that might be. I know two of the young adults did the Safe Sport training and I’m compliant through my youth league coaching. I honestly have no idea if anyone else is.
    Sounds like a cool league.

I joined a parent/child league the first half of last fall and it was sanctioned and they wanted you to do the SafeSport thing. I can't remember if I did it or not. They "asked" us to do it but sort of admitted that it had been a real problem getting people to do it so they were gonna kinda "leave it alone" unless they got a complaint. I think their hope was everyone would do it and if everyone didn't...then they'd just hope that none of the parents complained or requested that they follow through with making them do it.

I joined a challenge league this summer...not knowing it was going to be essentially youth bowlers. The guy running the center, I guess, was a high school coach so he started a summer challenge league and most of his team worked at the center and joined the league. I was the only person over the age of 25 and one of only two people over the age of 18. Then there were about 5 kids ranging from 15-17. I usually held my own...but could never win a stepladder match.

I only was in the league a couple weeks before transferring to my Tuesday summer league. Only had a chance to bowl on "Winding Road" and "Route 66" patterns...which are Kegal Navigation Sport Series patterns.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Pyramid Force Pearl; (: .) Brunswick Rhino Gold; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 185; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 15.5mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Bowling Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    Sounds like a cool league.

I joined a parent/child league the first half of last fall and it was sanctioned and they wanted you to do the SafeSport thing. I can't remember if I did it or not. They "asked" us to do it but sort of admitted that it had been a real problem getting people to do it so they were gonna kinda "leave it alone" unless they got a complaint. I think their hope was everyone would do it and if everyone didn't...then they'd just hope that none of the parents complained or requested that they follow through with making them do it.

I joined a challenge league this summer...not knowing it was going to be essentially youth bowlers. The guy running the center, I guess, was a high school coach so he started a summer challenge league and most of his team worked at the center and joined the league. I was the only person over the age of 25 and one of only two people over the age of 18. Then there were about 5 kids ranging from 15-17. I usually held my own...but could never win a stepladder match.

I only was in the league a couple weeks before transferring to my Tuesday summer league. Only had a chance to bowl on "Winding Road" and "Route 66" patterns...which are Kegal Navigation Sport Series patterns.
    I think you would remember if you had actually done the safe sport training. Most people who I know that have taken it complained about how long it took to complete.

Some of our adult bowlers have complained about having the kids in the league. Some of it may be jealousy. These kids have already bowled 3 games in youth league and now they’re throwing 4 more games with more speed and revs than I ever had and and they act like they could roll another 7 games after we’re done. Part of it is that they are teenagers and they’re still trying to figure out how to act like adults.
    John

Bowling Guru

Pattern: Earl Anthony 43’

Set 1: 164, 178

Set 2: 183, 176
    John

Bowling Guru

8/30/21

Pattern: PWBA Players 49’

Set 1: 159, 119

Set 2: 162, 145

This was the final week and a double position round. I was in 20th place out of 40. The bowler in 19th didn’t show up, and didn’t get a sub so I had to beat a blind score of 172 to take any points. We must have dropped to 21 & 22 because I wound up with the same AWOL opponent the second set but the other bowlers on the pair were the guy subbing for the first place bowler,( who couldn’t be caught after set one and the last place bowler.

It didn’t feel like my game was off by very much but paid the maximum penalty for small errors.
    John

Bowling Guru

Buddies Winter Challenge league.

Pattern: a 42’ Junior Gold one.

Scores: 197, 194, 158

First night of the season and a different format from the summer. Only three games, 4 or 5 bowlers per pair, every one moves one pair right after each game, one point is earned for each player you beat. The league manager is only disclosing the pattern length for the Junior Gold patterns since the name of the pattern is not announced in advance in JG competition. Giving the length just to keep the whining from the adults to a minimum.

We have 27 bowlers, a few more than in the recent past. It’s a mix of the middle aged guys who have been in the league for at least the last ten years or so, some college age kids who are still in the area, and some of the high school age kids from our junior league. At the league meeting it was mention that those people over 18 would have to complete the Safe Sport training.
    John

Bowling Guru

Buddies Winter challenge week 2

42 Junior Gold Pattern

Scores: 142, 174, 179

One of those nights when you know what to do but there seems to be a disconnect between your brain and your body
    John

Bowling Guru

Buddies Winter Challenge week 3

Pattern: Junior Gold 42’

162, 155, 169
    John

Bowling Guru

Buddies Winter Challenge week 4

Pattern: Junior Gold 45’

133, 174, 194

The low score in the first game was not due to having to figure out a new pattern. My spare ball kept sticking on my hand. If I get some time this week I need to get my fit checked.
    John

Bowling Guru

Buddies winter Challenge league week 5

Same pattern as last week

I don't want to divulge my scores other than to say they were embarrassing.

I thought I had last week’s problems straightened out. Not!
    John

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast